Xezr's Hardcore Mode [Updated]

So basically, I’ve discovered pretty much everything there is to find and do on the game map, so I decided to give a new spin on rolling a new character. These are the rules I play by, that anyone who’s at the endgame can try out if they want.

With the recent changes to the game’s inventory, here’s an updated version of the Hardcore Mode.

Rules:

1. Fast travel is not allowed.

1,5. Field Radio’s are not allowed.

1. Perma-death. You have one life, that’s it. If you are defeated and/or downed, it’s game over. You must delete the character and start again. The Survivor skill unlock that grants you a free revive is still valid, though.

2,5. Adrenaline Shots are not allowed.

1. Hardcore characters cannot recieve items from other alts, or be used in multiplayer.

2. Using items from the Plundra is not allowed.

Required Game Settings:

How do I get going?

Create a new character, enter the game. Close your eyes and point at the map to randomly select the nearest safehouse to spawn at. This will require you to have unlocked safehouses all over the map.

Start surviving.

14 Likes

Well, that sounds very … oops, I’m dead already :flushed: But I have a few guys in mind, that would probably take you up on that challenge :wink:

Downloading, going ingame.
Can’t wait to see how this will go.

One issue, I’ve always used AR4/Sniper Rifle and for bunker Pistol.
One weapon less will be problematic for me, being autistic…
But, we’ll see how I’ll fare. :slight_smile:
thank you!

1 Like

My record for dying quickest is two minutes. I spawned into a Hunter group.

1 Like

Ooh, this looks like an exciting take on the game. Definitely gonna have a go at this once i beat the game. How far have you made it into the game with this mode, Xezr?

4 Likes

A few ingame days, tops. I ended up starting in the Archipelago so starting out was fairly easy. I still played very carefully, having learned from my previous mistakes. You really start to play in an entirely different manner when you only have one life.

I reached level four, managed to take down a Tank, even got some good gear only to make one crucial mistake and take on a pack of FNIX Runners armed with shotguns. Before I knew it, it was all over.

1 Like

Yeah, thats kinda the thing i like about this idea. It really brings out the survivalist parts of this game (which i think is awesome (duuh…;)).

Haha, that sucks. Ill update here when i managed to try this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m inclined to give this a try, although with some slightly altered rules (a little less hardcore).

1. I don’t do permadeath. Instead, I’ll do “penalized death”, so when you die you have to lose a weapon (including any attachments).
  2. No item restrictions first time around.
  3. Added rule: No exit while in fight - if you exit during a fight, “penalized death” rule applies.

And I start at Vesslan Command Bunker… :thinking:

I will maybe try this someday.
But I will add a goal and a challange to myself; use only the iron sight on the hunting rifle and try to get 500 kills. The Häyhä-challenge :wink:

Hello, I was just wondering whether if it counts as death when you fall into water? I will take on this mode as soon as I get these 2 updates I haven’t had time to get generation zero updated in 2 months.

Nah, falling in water is fine.

1 Like

In November? In Sweden? :smiley:

2 Likes

For the sake of lenience, sure. But if you want to count that as a death, feel free to do so :wink:

2 Likes

Um, do you stock from the Plundra? So you get to stock from what you’ve got (which you would do if you broke into the armoury at the first base you ever came to). When I’ve managed to find out how to get my missions started and finished the story, I shall try this. Effectively, you are restricted to what you can carry in real life?

Does your character do missions or does it just wander about looking for fights? i.e. what’s the point?

Why not make it you have to start from the first safe house (i.e. normal start point) and make it all the way to the bridge to the mainland in the far North (i.e. to escape) That would be a very cool challenge.

Um, edit - now you’ve got me thinking about this. You shouldn’t be allowed to carry more than two weapons - anywhere. And if you were carrying a Charlie G, you could only have a pistol as well (I’ve carried one IRL).

So two weapons - and nine backpack slots. Mind you - IRL you could carry more flares/fireworks 'cos they weigh nothing. No more than two mines under any circumstances (I’ve carried those buggers too). We need a weapon chart - one mine = ten flares = three smoke grenades = etc. etc… max of 100 points. Simpler the way you’ve done it, but if you tried to carry four weapons and fight (or run) one dog’d take you down on its own!

Okay, I shall do this at once while I’m waiting for the missions to get fixed…

1 Like

You’d be very near the shore, but might have to drop all your weapons…

Best fun ever! @Zesiir , you’re a genius.

Right, this is my loadout, starting at the first safehouse on the first island. No skill points - not a one.

Object: to reach The Bridge to the mainland and escape, even if I have to swim from bit to bit.

Three hours tense play and I have reached the Hangar on the Isthmus - exited the first two islands successfully. I go very carefully, but actually, it’s just like my normal game used to be before I got punchy. But it’s back to being tense. A long way to go, but I even did a mission that I found.

And I had become used to picking up 20-60 rounds at a time, and now I’m back to 4 in a box - I’d forgotten…

I reckon I’m going to make it, and then I’ll think of challenges for the rest of you. Start here: do that: get out in one piece. if the DEVs are reading, missions from one place would be good - received over the radio for instance… Wow, we might even be talking bases!

2 Likes

Sounds like fun, doing objectives like that. Could allow for some more leniency with weapons, like choosing a loadout from the Plundra. Good luck :smile:

1 Like

This is a very cool idea. Would love to try this co-op with you, using new characters maybe?

1 Like

We could do that! I have a third character. It’d be a lot safer with two. It’s scary with no lives with one. My word you go carefully! My second character has the AG5, and the 4* Algiblahblah, don’t know what’s left for the third one - reckon, though, I’ve got a Meusser and perhaps a Kpist, so it can be done. Stop off at the Camp on the other isthmus and pick up some AG4s - you need punch at close range, and accuracy at reasonably long range…

In real life the Ag4 would do both long and short and you’d carry a pistol as backup - two rifles’d be too much to carry, with the ammo. Not sure you’d carry more than about 120 rounds of 7.62 (we used to carry 80). Yes, you’re on…

Today marks a sad day, as my longest living Hardcore character Laglöse Leffe has met with an unfortunate Hunter-Jump-Attack-To-The-Face. He’d gathered a 4* Älgstudsare and just collected the 5* AI-76 from Ålnästet when he ran into trouble in Stenmyra. He became Level 4. Total time alive: 9 ingame days.

Thanks to the Halloween Event I was able to perfect his look… Just before he died.

Will his brother, Lösdrivar-Lasse do any better? Time will tell.

4 Likes