5th Anniversary Newsletter

Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this journey so far. It’s definitely part of what makes my life worth living, and looking towards the future.

And thanks to this fantastic community for… Well, everything.

:green_heart:

7 Likes

So its almost been 4 years since we had a story DLC, are you guys really feeling good about abandoning the story to instead focus solely on cosmetics and base defence? You had a perfect opportunity to resume the story with the introduction of the soviet machines but for some reason you didnt.

2 Likes

They did.
There were many new pieces of story since 2022,
released with free updates.

Every day of being here has been such a privilege, thank you for allowing me to be here, and thank you to this incredible community for being one of the best around. To many more years!

3 Likes

I enjoyed the game more than I didn’t like it. It’s been rocky at times for me as a fan too. Hope the road continues.

1 Like

Totally agree with that.
It’s the game with my most played hours ever in about 30 years of playing video games.
And I can’t even really say why.

Finally one of the reasons I’m still here, watching the progress, playing GZ from time to time, even buying each DLC (if it’s not just cosmetic) is the forum, the interaction of the team with the community and the exchange of ideas and thoughts with some other forum members.

I even got a lovely t-shirt by one of the community events, sent from sweden right to me… And because I won’t grow anymore GZ will always be in my life, at least as long as the t-shirt lasts.

For the game I personally have some wishes.

1. Finish what you (the devs) began.
There are so many things you introduced or began with, but obviously never finished, like the mountain region revamp.

2. Continue the story and make areas accessible, that haven’t been before.
There are large spaces on some islands that can offer much potential for the story, missions, environmental storytelling or just for endless fun. Why should you waste this? There also are numerous places, locked doors and blocked paths, which could easily be used to expand the story.

3. Let us experience the evolution of GZ again.
Well, that’s probably the most difficult wish.
Although it’s an open world, there have been many events (updates) that changed this world forever and for everyone. Most changes and additions were great, but to have them all at once if you start playing (again), somehow leaves a bad taste.

I would love to have the story and the world evolving during playing the game. Storywise it doesn’t make much sense to be able to play the DLC missions just after leaving archipelago region, for example. Same counts for encounters with the soviets and many of the worlds revamps. Playing the story should give us more than just some knowledge and a trophy. If it doesn’t open up new features, abilities, weapons, skills and doesn’t change the world and the enemies, the whole story becomes more and more useless. Know what I mean?

Best example is the companion, which is great of course, but you get it in archipelago region, which doesn’t is bad at all, but the mission to get it is available from the first command bunker on. And to be true, it makes some missions of FNIX rising DLC, which takes place later, almost completly unnecessary and senseless. Like some DLC items (hacking dart) does.

I once made a try for a suggestion to improve that, which of course can be adjusted and extended:

Almost the same counts for the weapons packs.
Although it’s commendable that you want the players being able to immediatly use what they bought, I think the weapon packs should be integrated differently.
Here, too, I made a suggestion for improving the experience.

3 Likes

No anniversary event or anything else? 5th year t-shirt?

The event is running.
There are 5 new weapon skins.

is it still not advertised on the main menus PS4 :confused: I think game devs like keeping these events hidden sometimes lol

if you don’t use more BoomBoxes & Radios :rofl: then it’s your fault you can’t find 5 new weapon skins, people didn’t use them much before Because of the size & extra slot it requires, :partying_face: now people are going nuts throwing Radios everywhere :dizzy_face: like it’s the end of the world lol lol lol

Heavy Flash used to be exclusive to the exp Kpist. While Splash Freak and Whiplash are welcome additions, I just happened to be running the ag4 in co-op when I got all 5 skins

there really easy to get, I already got each like 10+ times already, not that I need them anymore :grinning: I just got 2 liking the radios music, with music turned off in my game, so I can more easily hear machines, :slightly_smiling_face: and throwing a radio just sounds more reasonable

5 years… man. Recently got a couple buddies to play the game again and we are playing with a set of rules to make the game way harder on ourselves (such as no self reviving , as much hud turned off as possible and having to take the command bunker in a region to be allowed to use the next tier of weapon.) Generation zero is as I have always said, a hidden gem.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that deactivating the POI setting also hides the new ping system markers.

But nevertheless, nice rules. It’s really good to have some mates to play with. And not just as a shooter… It’s how you communicate which makes the game most fun. Feel the atmosphere, be part of the immersion.

Yup figured that out pretty quickly. We thought it might be cool to include the ping system but changed our minds. We thought it would be more immersing if we just communicated better. Also I have found playing with the stealth indicator off really fun the machines sometimes ambush you and there is lots of yelling and screaming.

1 Like

Oh yes.
And the games sounds are quite good for playing that way. My mate had it deactivated from beginning (accidently) and he often wondered why I knew sometimes where machines were.
On the other hand I often wondered why he heard machines long before me.

So I turned the indicator and the music off … And it’s so much better since then. You can really notice how your ears and eyes become trained to hear and see the machines, even if it’s just a distant seeker flying through the woods.

(7.1 Headphones recommended)

1 Like

Btw, do you exactly know what else is switched on/off with the POI icons setting? Carni didn’t answer my question yet.

From toggling it on and off while figuring out which setting we were going to apply for our game. It removes the mission icons from hovering above buildings that you need to go to such as the first house in the beginning. Icons still stay on compass though and things like the companion which normally have an icon above their head have it removed. Don’t remember anything else as the last time I played the game was probably a year ago until we started playing again this week. Sorry I cant be much more help than that.

1 Like

I have really looked and i cant find any information about this, is it time limited, does it cost anything, what do you need to do, where do you start?

It’s already over, since april 14th.