A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

That only works if you have field radio.

As I said before, the trucks naturally would be louder than cars. And although adding heavily armored vehicles was stated as something that should be done earlier, and I still think it would be a good idea in certain regards, outfitted cars and trucks would be faster, and quieter. The whole idea is, you can actually take a few hits while your moving. If you remember, you cant take hardly any hits on a bike, and you can’t shoot from them. Period. And if I was in a post apocalyptic world, I wouldn’t be caught dead in roller skates. Actually, If you used roller skates, then you would be found dead. And why, just why would you use a skateboard? Sure, your hands are free to shoot, but y’all ain’t gonna be at all accurate with that, because you’ll be too buisy getting the snot shot out of you.
The spark idea might actually have some merit, but it would only work in the snow. But if you had to bail out, since you have no brakes, im thinking you would get some major damage. At least you would in real life.
Cars do have breaks, and, if they have armor, or you don’t hide near the gas tank, they actually make great cover.
And one final thought-

Lol, I actually do have an idea because I know/have known people who have, or have had a Prius, and let me tell you, what I said wasn’t my opinion. It’s there’s, so sure they get good mileage, and when they coast, their battery charges, but, there’s no protection. lets put it this way, if that was the only car available, I would definitely ride a bike.

A skateboard is faster than walking. And you can take it under your arm when you go offroad. I longboard irl because it’s easy to take with you. It’s faster than walking. And in game I can hear the world on a bike or skate. In a car I wouldn’t hear or see the machines until it’s too late.

Your not wrong in the sense that it would be Good for faster transportation, but there’s still no armor. Not to mention that your character doesn’t nessisarily Know-how to skate. It would be a good transportation, but tactically it wouldn’t be as useful, besides the fact that it could be taken with you. It could be a good addition to the game if done right.

There was a post earlier that said robots would be attracted to the cars, especially the trucks, because of the heat. But, the military uses a kind of insulation in there vehicles to stop a huge amount of the heat that the machines create. Thus, enemies can’t see them. I don’t know if that kind of insulation was used in the 80’s in Sweden, but insulation is literally meant for that kind of thing, (booking heat/cold, I mean) so, if that was added, it would certainly help. Levels of insulation could even be added, like the weapon tears, for better heat insulation.

Nope. I have no need for flying cars. It’s a nice idea though.

Yes, and it’s easy to find one. Every Relay Beacon has one in it + you can find them from loot crates.

So, there is a readily available method in the game. You not using it is your choice but asking for another feature that essentially does the same thing, is pointless.

It’s like when i loose HP and i say: “I don’t want to use First Aid Kits. Instead, i want Health Regeneration in the game.” :roll_eyes: (Not that i ever want such a thing in the game. But it is a good example.)

You don’t need a car/truck for that. Player char is strong enough to take multiple hits before going down (unless you play on Guerilla and happen to die from Apo hunter’s Cluster Mortar secondary explosion).

Good idea? Perhaps, but not for GZ.

If vehicles would be added to GZ to your likening (e.g: muffler silencer, engine noise isolation, different armor tiers, different fuel sources, shooting while driving, Plundra in the trunk etc), it would turn GZ into vehicular combat game, where your vehicle is your life.

This idea gives me huge vibes of Mad Max, Rage 2, Dying Light, State of Decay 2 and Cyberpunk 2077, where this very concept is (big) part of the game. And for more of the DIY apocalypse look, Rust has modular vehicles in it, further reading: https://www.rustafied.com/modular-vehicles-in-rust-guide

2 Likes

Wow, this is devolving into such a shit show. No need to over-complicate or over-think things.
No need to care about fuel, no need to make weird crap that’s out of place in 1980’s Sweden. Make vehicles unlockable and only allow players to drive those particular vehicles. Make these vehicles adhere to the same logics that apply to the rest of the game and games in general.

1 Like

Ok i´m going to enter this confusion.

Look guys, almost no one really wants drivable cars in GZ.
We want more options for the cars like some other games have :

• lures in cars (like Dying Light)
  • traps in cars (explosive bombs and EMP´s)
  • maybe the option to store in a similar extra Plundra vehicle that is near churches, like a big van

But drivable cars?

Let me tell you a story, Stalker Lost alpha has drivable cars, it´s cool, but there is the need for fuel, you have to exit almost every time you encounter enemies, it atracts enemies, and it gets damaged, it makes the game smaller.
Basically instead of helping it feels like a chore.
Just like Stalker, GZ has not been made to have cars.

There are many good games that have cars

• Far cry series
  • Mad Max
  • Rage 2
  • GTA clones and similar games
  • Dead Island
  • dozens of others

Now, giving us a better Bike to deal with the hard terrain, it´s ok :+1:

4 Likes

Don’t get stuck! :rofl:

I could always get out lol
The suicide zombies are the worst though.

I may not have expressed my idea very well. The character is more than able to take a hit, in general anyway. But, if there riding on a bike, they get thrown off. At least, in my experience. In a car, even without armor, it can take some damage without throwing you off into the line of fire.

I agree with you in some regards. Some people might play like that, but why is that a bad thing?Also, there could be limits on the avalability. For instance, if you are maxed out, at level 31, then you could earn the car (beleive this was stated earlier by a different person) at that point, you wouldnt have a whole bunch of things to do, so its not like you would be cheating, and using it to complete all of the misions. And, also you make a good point. Maby not all of the ideas would be there. Hogge is right, its gotten quite complicated.

Sure, some people like to play games where there are vehicles in it and for that, there are other games to play, besides GZ.

That reminds me early request of PvP. Almost every 4th person asked for that until devs were fed up with it eventually and gave a hard NO to the PvP question, by also stating that there are other, good PvP games out there.

Yes, they do. Though, Bikes were player request and i’m half-thinking that devs perhaps deliberately made the bike as it is, just to please those who wanted it but not giving the “perfect” bike, to show their dislike to it. Either that, or the Apex Engine in GZ isn’t really designed for vehicles and any other vehicle will have the same, “sort of” working state.

Level locking it does reduce it’s availability but also brings a lot of hatred from anyone who isn’t lvl31. Also, how do you expect it to work in MP? Especially when there are one or two lvl31 players and others are below lvl31? :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe my character can’t skate. But then again. Maybe he/she can’t drive a car either. So you go against your own logic here.

It takes a few minutes to handle a skateboard enough for you to be able to skate along a road. Wouldn’t recommend downhill that soon though. And it’s not Tony hawk so no need for tricks. And for thoose that use melee weapons you could swing with your skateboard.

2 Likes

I think we need to start from another aspect. well, we introduced vehicles. plot the route on the map where it will go ?! the whole map is strewn with irregularities, holes, mountains, ravines … the roads are often blocked up with concrete blocks and checkpoints. It is impossible to bypass, along all the roads there is an irresistible ravine for cars. take your car, improve it, pump it, but there is nowhere to drive it. Again the conclusion is obvious - you have more than 100 teleport points throughout the map, they are everywhere)

4 Likes

I never said it would be a peice of cake to progrm in. And, im sure, the devs would probably make it that everyone had to be levelled up to 31, or just not make them available to mutiplayer. Thats not nessisarily how I would do it, but I have a suspicion that thats how they might, just to add a bit more of a challenge, simplify programming etc.
Also, why would it matter if it brought hatred from non levelled-up players? All the more reason to level up. Nobodies complaning that you have to unlock the lock picking ability (at least, not that I know of, but correct me if im wrong). So, sure thats a valid point, but if your worried about that, then you should take a look at all of the other game features that entale that kind of levelling up requirement.

True, but its more likelly that they would be able to at least know how to drive. Maby not have their licence, but you get the idea. For instance, I dont know how to skateboard, but I do know how to drive. So, in a post apocyliptic world, I wouldnt be spending my time trying to learn the skills required to skateboard. I would just drive.

Also, the charecter apperars to be an upper-classman highschooler. Often times these age brackets are either learning to drive, or know how to drive, so yet another reason it makes perfect sence.

Also, kind of off topic, but why the heck have I never seen an abandoned shool in this game before? just a thought.

Anyway, as I was saying. driving isnt as a rediculous idea as your making it out to be, if you think about it objectivelly. Also, Terrorrobot made a good point earlier, the skate boards are small, and portable. So, although I dont completelly agree with the idea, its not a bad concept, if it was executed properly, it might be a good addition to the game.

There is only one level locked feature in the game and these are Experimental weapons, that have a good use for the game. Vehicles only do the same thing you can do with current network of safehouses, Fast Travel and Field Radio.

And if you’re going to say that skills (for skill points) is another locked content in the game, well, there are several people who have completed the game without ever spending a single skill point.

With that high scarcity (especially if only for solo play), don’t put them in, in the 1st place. It’s not like you don’t have much to do post end-game where vehicle would give you a lot more to do.

To add to the missing POIs, there aren’t any hospitals/clinics either.

1 Like

I never said that you would be able to go everywhere with the cars. In fact, thats one reeason they wouldnt make you super OP. Because, they can get you where you are wanting to go, with some level of protection, but after a certain point, you have to branch out on your own. Also, some things like military baracades, you can go around, youd just have to be careful. So yes, there are obsticles, but there not untriverable in some regards.

In fact side note I thought of whilest writing this post. The cars could act as a portable feild radio, if they limit the number of safe houses. Per game loggon, you could have maximum number of jumps you can make. Not a completelly nessisary feature, but I thought id mention it, just to see what yall thought.