A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

Thats exactly my point. Theres a level cap, so ounce you get to 31, your done, It would be something for the people who completed the game. People who are pre 31, are still doing things. So its not an overly nessisary thing for them to earn.

Have you done that? I mean just out of curiosity, cause like, respect.
But to us mortals, skills are something that are used. So saying skill points aren’t earned by leveling up because some people don’t use skills at all. What kind of logic is that? No offense. But that makes no sense. Skills still can only be bought one at a time, by leveling up. Also, there’s a skill tree limit, so as a reward for all of your hard work, you get a nice slap in the face at the end that says you cant level up anymore. Then, it presents you with a big ZERO XP sign every time you do something dope. You also cant unlock all of the skills, not even partially. So you kind of have a half baked character.

Sorry, that got a tiny bit off topic, but my point stands. You cant say that skill points aren’t earned and used by leveling up, simply because you, or people you know of, don’t use skills. Which is impressive by the way, but again, very few people do that.
Also, skills are locked for literally every body, until they unlock them. So, those people who have completed the game with no skills, still don’t have skills unlocked, until they unlock them.

Then, for another way we could fix that problem- Make the cars available at an earlier level. I’m just thinking of a way that would be fair, but also logical for the game. Besides, you said that experimental weapons aren’t available until level 31. Why? You have nothing else to complete, and you yourself said that they have a good use for the game. Why not make them, available earlier? You cant say cars shouldn’t be in the game, when they would only be for level 31, when you added a bunch of super powerful weapons, which are only available to people who hav completed the game.

I completely agree. Maybe the next update will have few surprises.

Leveling up wise, yes. But there are plenty of things to do besides main and side missions. And devs are adding in even more features for post end-game players.

My main issue with vehicles is (which i’ve said above as well), that GZ isn’t a game where player drive-able vehicles are suited for. To me, it just doesn’t feel right to drive the car for e.g 400m, to the 1st blockage, then ditch it and walk the rest, similar like current Bikes are.

Personally, no. But i have a friend who did that (also used his help to test out how different, less picked skills work, since he backed up the save).

1 Like

It’s not impossible to drive around blockages, even in a car. Also, its not like you can only drive one car. I think there should totally be a limit to how many you can use at one time, but its not like you can only use one (logically, you would find keys for cars in more than just one house).

Ok gang, hopefully hope everyone is staying safe in this crazy world.

I’ve been thinking more vehicles over this weekends session, and I don’t think it should be completely written off.

Though with the current state of the game there is no real need for it, at all - there’s fast travel and bikes so CURRENTLY > no need.

However, this is clearly a subject that is of very, very mixed opinions - but I’m working on something that may be considered for the future for development team as the games “future” in general is extremely grey.

I’ll be back.

3 Likes

But we dont want like an M1 abrams or blackhawk, if you have an idea on vehicles then look at swedish 80s vehicles, not american or soviet

Ah, but Sweden did import a lot of European, and American cars and bikes in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

1 Like

not so much american, we did import european cars but then we built our cars, like the swedish companies of SAAB and VOLVO they built many many cars so we didnt need to import cars from other countries, and most of our military vehicles was also built in sweden, trust me i am swedish i know my history

I look forward to what you’re cookin up alias! :smiley:

A very belated new year to Tene, great content last year - I especially enjoyed your live stream before Christmas.

Now, with regards to the above. I’ll do the write up tomorrow - and going to a few spots this evening for visual references. Like all my content keep an open mind :sweat_smile: - but I’ll create a separate thread to idea dump as the year and of course game, progresses.

You should invest in a Series X, join us for an Xbox Special :video_game:

If you have a direct knowledge of vehicle and transport of that era and time, that’s golden!

I’ll be sure to tag the thread back here

2 Likes

Look forward to seeing your ideas.

thanks and sorry if i sounded rude, just try to think lore friendly mate

1 Like

Maybe this pansarvärnspjästerrängbil 9031, it is a fast anti armour recon jeep like, it is made by volvo and can go max 96 km/h and it uses a 9 cm recoilless anti armour gun, i am not good at english*

it was used in the cold war and it was made in sweden and used by sweden, the idea for it is for it too fast drive out and recon and then if attacked it can shoot back

2 Likes

And when it comes to apc:s we can maybe have two of them, first one, pbv 302:

it was swedens like main apc that was mass produced (almost 650 where made) for the armed forces in the cold war
And there where many versions of it, like brigelayers, fire control, communications and much more.
And of course it could have diffrent amrament wich is good so you can shoose a good loadout for a mission
APC 2 M113 Armoured Personell carrier
Yes yes i said much that no american but this one whould be good bc sweden bought one in the cold war to see if it was something we could buy for our defence but they decided to instead build a swedish apc, the one above, and i think we swedes still has that APC locked up somewhere so in the GZ universe the Armed forces maybe decided too store it in a bunker in östertörn and then we the survivor find it and use it! i actualy like that idea

BAD ENGLISH* I AM SWEDISH

2 Likes

The 302 back then was much better than the M113 in all aspects but one. The M113 had a more reliable powertrain.

The 302 didn’t have different armament back then. It had a turret with a 20mm canon, some of them reused from scrapped J29 planes. Later it was also fitted with permanent attachment for a KSP 58. But I think that was in the late 90s.

If you haven’t already, please check the first thread as that covers a lot of different era/ Sweden-appropriate vehicles.

Of course, as Sweden has quite a prolific vehicle industry and made virtually all military equipment domestically during the cold war, there are probably a hundred other vehicles that could be cool to have in-game, ranging from Husqvarna motorcycles to Landsverk construction machinery to armored cars, APC’s, tanks etc.

Will do @Hogge, I know you put a lot of time and effort into the mentioned thread so look forward to your feedback on if you think my vision could work.

In terms of the “ final product “ it’s going to be a lot easier and faster to record it instead of type it all up - however the map itself will be broken down so specifics can be looked into.

2 Likes

I agree that adding (some) the vehicles that Hogge posted, and maybe one or both of the ones that SwedishArmysurvivor posted might be good game additions as well. But, to be fair with what other people have said, the devs almost certainly wouldn’t be able to add everything, simply because the engine wouldn’t be abLe to support it. But, I still support adding vehicles, of course.

Well yeah that’s a solid point.

Considering the game on console is running 50% less load since last update so it can run smooth, any additional load will be immediately noticed.

I’m completed my write up with Next Gen consoles in mind, because PC gaming is pay as you go - technology is always on par with available hardware so there is always to option to upgrade.

I’ve done the write up, just putting it all together now.

1 Like