A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

Can’t argue with that.

1 Like

C’mon guys, the concept for adding armor to vehicles is already in the game.

2 Likes

Not for every one…
This is part of a dlc mission :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So?, My point still stands.

( maybe I should have turned my graphics to Ultra before taking that screenie )

1 Like

Moved to the vehicle megathread.

//Mod

I like the art. The idea of smaller bikes and things of the like might be better, especially for maneuverability and fuel consumption.

Also, the way bikes are driven are kind of awkward.

1. You don’t have first person view, wich is problematic, especially when the bike’s mechanics are so easily affected by bumps. You basically just float above your character, which also wrecks immersion.

2. You cant shoot from the bikes.

These two things are what should be fixed if dirt bikes or 4/3 wheelers are added. You should at least have the option to drive in first person view, and you should also be able to shoot. Of course, you could only use a side arm, and you wouldn’t be able to shoot very accurately, it would function more as cover fire.

Did I already say, that I would like to be able to have a skateboard (just for on roads) ? :wink:

They are even already in game:

5 Likes

I actually do like that idea.

Kill runner, cut of head, mount handlebar, ride.

Would make a fairly quiet “vehicle” that is fast and excellent for offroading.

Quiet? and i dont think a runner is the best for an offroad vehicle. And whould it still work without its head that probably is where its main computer is?

Yes.

Legs are the ultimate locomotion for offroad.

You would not need the computer to control it. Same way you do not need a computer to control a car.

I’d guess it’s a bit more complicated to get a 4legged machine to walk than a 4wheeled car to drive.

The wheels stay always on the ground, the legs not. There needs to be an algorythm to coordinate the 4 legs in order to not just fall to ground.

More complicated, yeah probably. Impossible? No.

1 Like

You cant just rip of the brain of the machine and think that it will still be able to walk. That is why it is so hard to make robots, they need a computer to run it. Without it then it is useless

2 Likes

Alright I concede a machine would need some sort of computing device to run commands to motors. Which would not be as complicated as one that can identify and fire on targets.

Good thing this is a video game about robots invading Sweden in the 80’s with sci-fi weapons, so realism is not top priority.

2 Likes

But that doesnt mean that every last bit of realism we have left should be thrown ou tof the window. I dont want vehicles in the game but i whould rather have a civilian car than a bit of machinery that isnt that fast and is not very armoured.

2 Likes

I came up with a way that will prevent people from getting vehicles too early in the game:

A fifth skill tree!

Basically, this skill tree is pretty lore friendly with the current ones. You have to get a bunch of junk in order to get to the skill that you want. However, in order to access the second half of the tree, you first have to unlock Basic Vehicle Construction, since Advanced Vehicle Construction is the second half of that skill.

Column 1:

Basic Vehicle Upgrades: Engine and handling upgrades.

Basic Vehicle Use: Players can use basic cars

Advanced Vehicle Upgrades: Armor and weapon upgrades.

Basic Vehicle Construction: Players can construct basic vehicles like cars at their vehicle stations.

Advanced Vehicle Use: Player can drive military vehicles.

SPECIALIZATION: Tank Use: Player can use tanks.

Column 2:

Advanced Vehicle Construction: Allows players to construct advanced vehicles like helicopters and tanks at their vehicle stations once they have the appropriate skills.

Basic Water Craft: Lets the player use basic boats and jet skis.

Advanced Water Craft: Allows for the use of weaponized boats.

Basic Aircraft: Grants the use of basic planes. NOT Jets

Advanced Aircraft: Allows for the use of Helicopters.

SPECIALIZATION: Vrakken Use: Allows players to use Vrakken fighters.

You do not require any skills to ride in a vehicle. While riding, you can freely fire any weapon in your inventory. If you want to drive the vehicle or use any mounted guns, then you require the appropriate skills for that vehicle.

This is not the final order of how the skills should be in, so be sure to give suggestions.

The only limit for vehicles should be a military truck, not a jet fighter. The game isnt built for vehicles like planes and boats. If you want vehicles so bad then we should have things that whould work and not things that whould make gz into a far cry clone with every vehicle possible.

And what i mean by military truck is the volvo tgb 11.
And we dont need boats, we can travel by land to almost every place in gz. And when the new islands comes then we will most likley get a brige or boat to reach it.
The airspace is to small for a fighter jet.
Helicopters whould probably be the biggest deathtrap in the entire game, it is loud and easy for a machine to take out.

Sorry but most of these arent in my opinion good for GZ

4 Likes

Personally, I would like the devs to release an official modding tool for GZ so that we can just make these things ourselves, and that way everyone can enjoy GZ the way they want.

I would definitely add realistic survival mechanics and vehicles to my copy of the game. Mb I should make A Case for Official Modding Tools Megathread.

Personally, I hate Far Cry and do not want GZ to become as stupid as that.
But there would not be every vehicle possible, only the ones that are already there, plus mb a few more in DLCs.