A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

This thread for sure has some unique ideas. Nice keep it up.

1 Like

I wrote a thread on vehicles literally yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:
https://forum.generationzero.com/t/a-case-for-vehicles/14190/2

1 Like

For sure there was 10-15 threads of the same topic before yours regarding the same topic. It’s just thread brought more unique ideas to the table.

1 Like

Instead of vehicles we could take parts of robots for suit power armour ( run fast , big jump ) Have to replace battery and worn parts so we dont cheese it all the time ( Be a god ) - horses :rofl: , i still like my other idea Radio Control the saabs and volvos for some epic battles , cheers and thanks for reply PM person

Generation Zero = COD Advanced warfare?

1 Like

Your on about the EXO SKELETON Them suits with the jump capability , yeah that would work they needed more run speed though in cod , missile on shoulders 2 per side . Robocop blade to kill ticks close range melee , hit box for melee vertical from floor to jump height of ticks . :grinning:

COD warfare :rofl: is same old format as all the CODs . Generation Zero = Unique format not many like this . This title could go far , is the reason i am still playing even after all breakdowns = Addictive :grinning: so can you see too it PM that we get a little vehicle idea from the many ideas out there .

I think cars and tanks would ruin the game. With fast travel available I see no need for vehicles.

2 Likes

80’s SHORT CIRCUIT hmmm , dont worry i will not be making a huge list for the sake of it , just short burst’s of inspired thoughts , yep caffeine

1 Like

Yes @Alinde i think leave drivable 4 wheels or more off the game for early days maybee in future on other maps , but remote control the vehicle’s already in game with typical 80’s radius of range to control them ,. See my post up top this forum on ‘’ remote cars ‘’ :rofl: . Hey but scavenge for an EXO SKELETON like the PM suggested earlier ( Yes PM i heard you loud and clear ) . Thanks for post Alinde

Having reached the big island, I think there’s WAY to much empty space. Safe houses are few and far between and traveling to where I want to go is a daunting, time consuming task.

Would it be possible if you could add vehicles to the game (car, boat, bike or can we swim in the water and so else). Because the map is big and we want to move faster with this vehicles. You could really make the game better in general it is annoying that there are not so many clues (help) but the game is ok. And on the Ps4 is really hard to aim without auto aim. It will be hard. A good idea is for people they dont have enough money for a good Pc but for a Console to allow them to play on the consoles with mouse and keyboard. The map could be more alive with Npcs or animals and so else. So that was my idea and I hope you take it seriously and do not ignore it. I like the game and that’s why I wish it perfect.

There are numerous threads about many of the issues you’ve raised.

For example, about vehicles:

1 Like

These are really great ideas and I hope these ideas will be added to the game.

If you have played Fallout 76, there was a BS narrative given around not having NPCs. I doubt they will ever put NPCs in the game as it doesn’t appear to be a part of the game’s base design; not to mention, the funds needed for voice actors, narrative-driven story telling, and definitive goals other than running from point A to point B. Let’s be real, if many people have issues with simply completing quests and swapping weapons, it would be inefficient to add on more content onto a shaky foundation.

1 Like

The whole idea is you come back and the place is completely deserted, although maybe a communication between a faceless npc could be cool - guiding you through an area for example

1 Like

Look a vehicle is a good idea, it would improve quality of life for so many players in this game. But a car would be idiotic. Sure it would be slightly faster, but it would have little to no weapons and would be incredibly easy to destroy. On top of that, what kind of person would look up a a giant weapon of war the size of a building and say, “I should get a car.”
That is why I think you should be able to destroy the bigger robots for parts, (I think we all see where I’m going with this) then create mechs for us to not only travel with, but store items in and use to clear out areas so much quicker and easier than on foot. It would also give more reason to kill the bigger robots, on top of specialized ammo for these war suits. That is what I want out of you avalanche.
I also want to mention that i don’t want a fully rehashed model for the new mech, something a little different, maybe it could Look a little more improvised. I appreciate attention to detail in game art. But more focus on the features of the mech would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

1 Like

I suggested a bicycle, they’re already scattered all around the map and would be a quiet way to get around faster without machines hearing you from miles away. If they do add some kind of vehicle tho, I suggest maybe they be the broken down ones, and you can interact with it and it tells you what part it’s missing in order to run like spark plugs, fuel, plug wires, injectors. Which if you think about it, the machines actually have many of those things already in order for them to work. Then when you kill them and loot their bodies you can find the missing parts and then go interact with it again to put them in. An animation of your character putting the part in would be nice, but I highly doubt that would ever happen. Then you have a car, and you just have to keep putting fuel in it from time to time. If it gets destroyed, then you need to find another one, which makes the car kind of valuable in the sense that you would try to keep it from getting wrecked so you’re not stuck without one and have to find/fix up another one.

5 Likes

I’m all for the bicycles being useable as vehicles. That would be pretty awesome actually.

I hope this picture online is realised, And it’s playable in 1st person. An old Honda CR250 would be nice :+1:

5 Likes