A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

That’s what I mean somehow.
Even if there would be useable cars as described (everything else would be unrealistic or senseless), noone would use them as much, because it’s a rolling trap for yourself.

But you would be able to :wink:

yes, perhaps the players could install a Plundra upgrade on bigger vehicles

i think that you should also be able to drive the Swedish Main Battle Tank that you see everywhere. Maybe i could be a paid DLC or something. Vehicles should also require ammo, gas, and they should get damaged over time, requiring players to repair them.

or they could fast robots that are designed to take out vehicles and might not attack players on foot.

i love this idea!!, perhaps the host could set it on “auto-pilot” and players could defend it while it is en-route.

i do want to see some sort of glider or plane in the game, possibly with the armed ones being part of a paid vehicle DLC, along with a helicopter. BUT, no vehicle should be too OP. new enemies should also be added to counter any vehicle that is added. Maybe something like the Hailfire Droid from Star Wars:

it could be a fast robot with weak points in its missile launchers, eye, and wheels. As it gets higher in level, the missiles could lock on.

some sort of AA bot would make quick work of the aircraft. Again, the prototype variant would have unguided missiles or flak cannons, while the FNIX class could feature heat seeking missiles.

there could also be new structures available for base building, such as a garage to upgrade vehicles and a hanger + runway for aircraft. in these buildings players could upgrade vehicles with different features. there should also be a limited number of upgrades that can be installed on each vehicle at once. also, upgrades should both help and hurt the vehicle’s stats.

Example: Upgrading Armor = Reduced Speed

this would help to balance vehicles. Also, IMO, vehicles belong in GZ. it is literally a game about Guerilla warfare, Guerilla fighters have always used vehicles to attack and strafe/raid enemy positions. Maybe they could add new missions in which you had to attack a FNIX convoy in a 4x4 with machine guns on the front.

RAMs could also be an upgrade for the front of vehicles

Water craft would also be nice, except that they could potentially allow players to get to Himfjall without the purchase of the DLC, kill barriers would be needed.

giving players jets is like giving a baby a bomb with a red button, it will be very funny to watch time lapses of crashes.

Vehicles could be implemented a million ways. Advantages and disadvantages are necessary.
Like many others, and I don’t know why, you argue against it by stating how it could be implemented in the absolute worst way possible.

If it’s an unlockable that you get hold of relatively late in the game, does it matter that it makes the world feel smaller?
Does it have to consume fuel? And if there are advantages to the use of vehicles, wouldn’t fuel consumption be a reasonable way to balance their use?

1 Like

Here’s a translation with a next to non-existent amount of copy-editing.

Cars, bikes and other vehicles?
Hi; it would be cool if devs saw that post, because that surely would make the game more “alive”: having cars or something, but at least bikes which we could build, or maybe the same thing for cars, or maybe more like… trucks; and a fuel system, and a part system to modify vehicles, etc.; even on the street, we find a borderline incalculable amount of vehicles which we can’t drive although they are 100% still drivable; so talk about it or share that idea if you wish they add vehicles in the next update

:sweat_smile:

@AgreedThread763, s’il te plaît, utilise la ponctuation! :sweat_smile: Également, écris en anglais à l’avenir. (Je sais que c’est ennuyant.)

@AgreedThread763, please use punctuation! :sweat_smile: Also, write in English in the future. (I know it’s vexing.)

2 Likes

Thanks for translating, @Bowi. You’re really the embodiment of what a Regular should be :+1:

Since it concerns new vehicles I’m moving the translated post to the relevant thread and
locking the old one.

//Mod

3 Likes

does anyone think we’ll ever get access to the mainland? Cuz that could be the perfect place for vehicles.

There’s just endless woods because the devs haven’t fleshed it out. The DLC island also didn’t have anything of note before they revamped it.

@Madchaser Don’t post exploits on the forums please. We have a strict policy against that.

//Mod

Do you agree that any OP vehicle with weapons like the Swedish MBT or a plane should be part of a paid DLC?

Also, I saw some people suggesting that there could be a paid DLC for every vehicle excluding bikes. This DLC would add in vehicles to every island. So then you could choose if you wanted vehicles or if you did not want vehicles. I think this would be a great way to implement vehicles, as some parts of the GZ community want them and some don’t.

If they did add vehicles, then they should get damaged and players could repair them, or add armor or weapons. There should also be new enemies that are super fast and only detect vehicles. If they added jet skis or aircraft, then there should also be enemies designed to counter them. There also need to be fuel meters on every vehicle.

In my opinion it would be a too great gamechanger for a paid dlc for a game that you can play with whoever you want.

It would devide the games community.

If there would be more vehicles, then for all players. And therefore they should be cautious with more vehicles.

A skateboard or ski could make sense. Mountainbikes as well.

Simple cars for up to four passengers would be ok, too, but it should be very dangerous to use them… The machines destroyed almost everything, why not a single car used by the players? But it should be at least an option to move a bit faster all together in a party… Or to die all together.

1 Like

I disagree, bcuz not all of the GZ community wants vehicles. A paid DLC would be the perfect way to make both sides happy.

And players should not be able to drive every vehicle they come across.
For one, you should need the key to the specific vehicle that you want to drive.
Second , there has to be a fuel meter. This will limit the power of vehicles.

The vehicles should also have realistic physics. Cars should have the chance to flip over if you go into the ditch at high speeds, and IF you feel like ramming something it will greatly damage your car.

I would love to be able to use Skis on Himfjall, and the skateboard could be fun in a city. On a side note, there could be emotes for certain vehicles like the skateboard, skis, and bike that allowed you to do tricks. I would love that.

The main function that i see cars filling, is for coop, and for exploring the map. Coop would be so much funner if your buddies could shoot LMGs and bazookers out of the windows of a car while you were performing hit and run tactics on enemy positions. ( I know that the back-blast from the bazooker would kill everyone in the car in real life, but GZ is not real life. It would be cool if they added that tho ) And if any machines showed up that posed a threat, then you execute the “getting the hell out of here” maneuver!

Also, perhaps you could put thermal camo on your vehicle, or some sort of gadget that would make the machine think you were another machine.

I could definitely imagine vehicles being a paid DLC, but then it should come with its own island, its own questlines and enemies.

I don’t understand why vehicles (without major alterations to the game) should be a paid DLC for the sake of people who don’t want them. If you don’t want to use vehicles, then just don’t. I’m advocating for vehicles to be rewards for questlines, not something that should be available from the moment you boot up the game and not something the game would have to be rebalanced for. So the implementation of vehicles shouldn’t in any way effect those who don’t want to use them.

Vehicle customization would be awesome. Silent drive, camo net (which camouflages heat IRL), upgraded engine, weapons etc. Preferably in a way where you need to balance different aspects rather than just “maxing everything out”.

Aircraft would be cool, I’d love to fly a Draken, Viggen, or even SK60B, but I don’t think they’re doable. Games like Just Cause, Far Cry and GTAV show that aircraft in games with ground-based gameplay just aren’t fun. Avalanche would need to crank up the draw distance for enemies a whole lot and develop a whole bunch of extremely finicky sensors and weapons. MAYBE they could implement the hkp9 with TOW missiles.

perhaps it could be like Just Cause where you can only have a certain number of upgrades per vehicle, that way you would have to choose your upgrades carefully.

I 100% agree with this.

I would want vehicles to be available everywhere except underground.

Now this is different, i agree that the dev team should not have to re-balance the game for the addition of vehicles, just add a few new enemies to counter them. But we can agree to disagree about the quest thing. I think that if you have the key, parts, and fuel, then you should be able to drive the vehicle. Altho, I would be fine if better vehicles like tanks or APCs were rewards for quests if they only spawned at a certain military base.

But standard vehicles like station wagons or police cars should be available relatively early. This is just my opinion.

altho, i do not think that players should be able to drive the cars right off the bat, the devs could make some problem, for example: none of the cars on the first island have any gas or are missing parts because Harvesters salvaged them.

Either, if you don’t want them, you don’t have to use them.

It should be a senseful addition to the game and not just some sort of total conversion for the players who want to play an other game.

Come on, stay sensible.

You can’t just change the complete way the game can be played through adding those vehicles just for the ones who want to pay for it.
It would be a complete new mechanic for the game… Which is actually a cooperative open world multiplayer game and which is identical for all players in its core.

By adding those vehicles for the complete game just for the ones who like to pay for them you devide your community and their experiences.

An example what could be thinkable:

If they add a simple car as driveable vehicle for up to four persons, a paid dlc could be to get more different vehicles or some crafting for your vehicle (new colors).

But the general system for the cars would be needed for all players so that they still can play together as it is now.

I think I’ll leave this discussion now.
Just wanted to give you something to think about. But last but not least it’s the devs decision.

1 Like

Yes, they should be available everywhere, but if they’re to be part of a paid DLC, that DLC shouldn’t just be a bunch of vehicles thrown in. There would have to be a new region with quests, specifically designed around the use of these vehicles.

If made available from the start, vehicles would cause problems. They’d break the pacing. Like many have warned, they’d make the game world feel small.
If they were unlockable through quests, they’d instead solve problems. They’d be worthwhile and desirable rewards for completing quests. Perhaps you’d get blueprints for vehicles when reaching the control room of bunkers. So first bunker you get an EPA tractor, second a station wagon, third an armored truck etc.

I haven’t played that, but I’m more thinking of how upgrades work for weapons in GZ.
For example if you get hold of an ikv91, you can choose whether you want to use the turret that it has IRL (90mm slow firing cannon) the experimental 105mm (more firepower but significantly more bullet drop and perhaps no coax MG) or the fast-firing 40mm autocannon of the CV90, or maybe even a mortar.
Engines could be swapped either for a more powerful or a more silent one.
It could either be left as is, to maintain performance and mobility, or up-armored