A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

Just what I suggested.

Maybe they are still preparing something like that.

Don’t you think that it could make sense?
Why should they just add fuel for crafting health-packs?

1. There could be an additional lategame usage for lock picking tools, as at a certain point you won’t need the skill or tools any more.
  • Cars could have a chance of 90%, that an alarm sirene gets activated when just opening the doors.
  • with a second (and maybe third) lock picking skill this chance could be lowered. The third skill point could give you the ability to override the cars ignition.
  1. The new fuel item could be used to refuel a car. For example you need 100 fuel for starting a car. But: you have to carry them with you, not just have them in your recycling station.
1 Like

what if we could get an experimental runner head from base defense and attach it to a dead runner and ride that? would be faster more menuverable, a mounted gun, you would have to give it ammo and gas and other crafting materials for when its damaged, runners also aren`t really that loud but it would be easier to spot for the machines.

edit- they can also explode if hit in the gas tank, probably should have to make armor for it so that doesnt happen

Sorry, I personally don’t like that.

For a third person action adventure game a good idea. But we have to be as realistic as possible (not just regarding realism, but if and how the game engine probably could handle it and how it would feel for the player).

For example I would love it, if car driving AND bicycle driving would be in first person. (hm… Could be a feature request as well…)

Riding a runner in first person could be too wobbly (regarding motion sickness). And I think riding runners would change the game too much.

1 Like

I have no idea about how easy/difficult it would be to code and integrate, but what do you think about a quad runner?

what do you mean quad runner?

A runner with fwd?

:thinking:

wait a moment…

my answer is near…

:face_vomiting:

Ok, no, I don’t like it.
I think we should stay as realistic and sensible as possible. The game takes place in a late 80s version of sweden. We are teenager who investigate, what happened to our home and try to erase these machines and to defend against the soviet invasion.

There are almost no sci-fi elements except the enemies and the experimental stuff (ok, and the flying de’lorean as easter egg) . The machines are, what the core of the game is about. Well, there are many mysteries, too…

But again: complete new futuristic vehicles would be too much. That counts for mad-max-like combat vehicles as well as for airborne or seaborne vehicles.

Of course we may have dreams. But the chances that our exclusive dreams come real are lesser than less, if the game would change completly or if there would have to be so many new elements (new models, physics, animations, new core elements in source code,…).

Just let us drive the existing cars (under special circumstances) as a first step… And other bikes, skateboards, ski,…

Maybe later there could be some “experimental vehicles”. (I just have another “back to the future” easter egg in mind… :shushing_face: Experimental skateboard… :wink:)

Or an experimental bicycle which isn’t sci-fi from our point of view. A bicycle with an integrated small fuel cell: A pedelec :wink:. Additionally, regarding to this Idea, you would need less stamina for sprinting with the bike.

2 Likes

In 1982, Suzuki introduced the first 4-wheeled ATV called the QuadRunner 125. Before that, they had 3 wheels and were crazy unstable.

Yes, of course. There are many interesting vehicles back in the 80s.

But we should stay in sweden with some swedish cars. The actual car models look like volvo (4 doors) and a saab (two doors).

2 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

1 Like

C’mon guys, the concept for adding armor to vehicles is already in the game.

2 Likes

Not for every one…
This is part of a dlc mission :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So?, My point still stands.

( maybe I should have turned my graphics to Ultra before taking that screenie )

1 Like

Moved to the vehicle megathread.

//Mod

I like the art. The idea of smaller bikes and things of the like might be better, especially for maneuverability and fuel consumption.

Also, the way bikes are driven are kind of awkward.

1. You don’t have first person view, wich is problematic, especially when the bike’s mechanics are so easily affected by bumps. You basically just float above your character, which also wrecks immersion.

2. You cant shoot from the bikes.

These two things are what should be fixed if dirt bikes or 4/3 wheelers are added. You should at least have the option to drive in first person view, and you should also be able to shoot. Of course, you could only use a side arm, and you wouldn’t be able to shoot very accurately, it would function more as cover fire.

Did I already say, that I would like to be able to have a skateboard (just for on roads) ? :wink:

They are even already in game:

5 Likes

I actually do like that idea.

Kill runner, cut of head, mount handlebar, ride.

Would make a fairly quiet “vehicle” that is fast and excellent for offroading.

Quiet? and i dont think a runner is the best for an offroad vehicle. And whould it still work without its head that probably is where its main computer is?

Yes.

Legs are the ultimate locomotion for offroad.

You would not need the computer to control it. Same way you do not need a computer to control a car.