Alpine Unrest Available Now!

We are very pleased to announce that Alpine Unrest is now available!

Please check your preffered platform, Steam, Xbox Store or PlayStation Store to purchase the expansion. Full update notes can be read here: https://generationzero.com/en/blog/alpine-unrest-update-notes

10 Likes

ā€œThat sale you see right there? Thatā€™s me.ā€ :smile:

2 Likes

Bought two one for me & one for a friendā€¦
SPP

1 Like

Itā€™s times like these Iā€™m happy Iā€™ve got a 1000Mbit connection.

Oh, and Iā€™m happy for you guys too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™m buying tonight right after work! Congratulation guys :champagne::clinking_glasses::tada::sparkler:

Update: just figured out how to purchase it using the Xbox app on my phone! Itā€™s waiting for me when I get home :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

Keep up the good work devs 16GB of fresh new content im so happy :partying_face::exploding_head::sunglasses::robot::robot::robot::robot:

1 Like

Bought it already. Now just have to wait 3 hours in schoolā€¦ :((

Iā€™m playing my new game, reading a lengthy EULA. :smile:

Most of it seems the same old, ā€œdonā€™t be a dickā€, ā€œgame may go away at any timeā€, but

ā€œYou may not post material that ā€¦ reflects adversely on the name, reputation or goodwill of Avalanche Studiosā€

seems a bit broad to me (IANAL). I mean, it could be argued that posting ā€œThere have been a number of long-standing bugsā€ is reflecting adversely on the name and reputation. Meh.

(Also, on a more personal note, Iā€™m mildly weirded out by vikings forbidding me to ā€œpromote intoxication.ā€ :smile:)

ā€œYou will not exploit any bugā€ also seems ridiculously broad. ā€œDo not help yourself to paid content for freeā€ is a valid concern of course, but for many other things, it may not even be obvious whether something is a bug or intended behavior.

ā€œWe reserve the right ā€¦ to monitor disputes between you and other users.ā€ Not unusual, but we all wanted to know whether itā€™s in there. :smile:

ā€œ[agreement may be modified at any time]ā€ Dito.

ā€œyou are strictly prohibited from ā€¦ Use of your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Gameā€ Technically, this would probably already cover the ā€œremove HUD / motion blur / ā€¦ā€ mods that Iā€™ve seen kicking about. Wish thatā€™d been phrased in a way that sounds less like overreach. :confused:

But again, IANAL.
(But I still read agreements before I sign/click.)

3 Likes

Well downloaded update, and bought dlc, super excited to stream this, spent 2 hours streaming a broken game :imp:

No missionā€™s, just collectibles to be found, lost Marin ab safe house, dlc doesnā€™t work for me, great advertising streaming a broken dlc, reinstalled it twice, now have to resort to uninstalling the whole game and reinstalling it unless anyone has any other suggestions. On Xbox.

Same for me uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, hard reset my xbox and nothing no missions

Ouch!

You can try a factory reset (but keep games / DLC) in case itā€™s OS or cache related, but doesnā€™t sound like it.

Are you in the Xbox Insider programme? If so, what ring are you in? Could be an issue with a beta version of the OS.

Iā€™m currently on the ā€œSkip Already Alphaā€ ring, but Iā€™ve had a lot of issues lately so Iā€™m thinking of moving to a lower tier.

Have you tried clearing the cache on the Xbox?

sorry to hear it hasnt gone smoothly , i havent had any probs on pc , hope this is all worked out soon for you.

@LadyNibiru Sorry to hear. I hope they throw a hot fix for you fast so you can start streaming ASAP.

Iā€™m on PS4 I wonder if itā€™s the same issues. I may hold off On the download till I hear otherwise.

Please refrain from factory-resetting/re-downloading the game, itā€™s unlikely to help and will just cost you time.

Weā€™re very sorry for the trouble, and are investigating this as a top priority. Itā€™s just a small sub-set of users that are affected, and weā€™re trying to pinpoint the cause so that we can later deploy a fix. Thanks for your patience!

9 Likes

Thankyou graham , i am holding back from playing ( wifes orders :rofl: ) untill she gets a fix :upside_down_face: lets hope others get a speedy fix because from what i experienced was sweet , great job cheers :+1::+1:

Just downloaded the new update (not the DLCā€¦yet) and Lennarts Marin safehouse is now gone. Do that mean I should wait for a fix before downloading the DLC? On ps4.

Goto forest region IGA facility area east of Ɠstervik town , the mission should automatically start up . " Stop ā€˜ā€™ā€™ before you do anything reload your game to get the new Main menu screen then press continue follow the above ,ā€¦ Cheers hope it works for you :+1::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks mateā€¦downloading :blush:
Bought another game too, whitch had release in july, but withheld until now due to bugs, thats how it should be.
So if the DLC donā€™t work I have back up :+1:

Seems like I also have the issue that the DLC mission doesnā€™t startā€¦
I have all the main missions done.
Platform: PC

Meanwhile, I collected 3/4 of the new machine blueprints. I wonā€™t spoil where they are. (Though my issue may have already spoilt it :D)

Thanks & you are right a re-install does NOT work I did it to no avail.
SPP

1 Like