Alpine Unrest - Coming Soon

This is amazing. Thank you devs. I can’t wait, especially for the NPCs. This is going to be great. :smile:

5 Likes

so i missed the stream today, but just watched the vod, OMG! OMG!OMG! i’m so excited for this, and happy that it has been set at a reasonable price. That is all :grin:

4 Likes

So many problems and will you still have to pay to release one more piece of the map?
Hope not.

@pegnose it’s north of the starting island. I assume it’s the bottom big island

2 Likes

I just double-checked, and there’s a very brief moment in the Alpine Unrest trailer where you see the survivors walking into an entrance that looks very similar to FOA 2… There’s a good chance Norrmyra will be heavily guarded. So stock up now.

5 Likes

Are we there yet ? :yum:

sitting on the new island, in the biggest lit cave i’ve ever seen…lol

1 Like

how do you get there? hint?

1 Like

No hints in here, or this thread may be blown up…

1 Like

ok bossypants…

1 Like

Please I beg you all no hints or spoilers I want to experience it for myself…I know in this day & age everyone wants “it” now but, I really love the game & love little surprises in this already great story & the challenges the game gives me.
SPP

6 Likes

Were’s the update i need it now, we need it now, i don’t do religion stuff but willing to Pray and Pay for update 'Alpine :rofl::+1:

1 Like

It’s not as it may seem… :wink::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I’m as anti-spoilers as the next person, but in fairness, there isn’t currently much to distinguish the location, so as long as she gives just the coordinates (rather than a screenshot of the map), it should be pretty safe. It’s not like people ran across the island, randomly opening the map and thinking, “heyyyyy, I remember reading those coordinates!”
And, you know, if they did, they’d already be there and seeing the damn thing in front of them anyway. :smile:

(Also, "that’s not even its final form!"™)

2 Likes

There are some interesting locations on the new island. They’re clearly distinct, even in the current unfinished state. We’re only a few days from the release of the DLC, so let’s keep things spoiler-free. If you have to go off to explore ahead of the release, do that in private. Same goes with coordinates, use PM’s or similar.

Cheers.

3 Likes

You missed my point, mate.
Which was, there is nothing particularly distinct where the thing she mentioned is, except for that very thing itself. So you can’t really say, “Oh, the X is very close to the Y.” You can give coordinates, which won’t stick in the mind of most people (while compass rose directions might).
Anyway, just providing the voice of reason here, I’ve had my fun (such as it is) in that location, made a little joke about it (which I guess only made sense to those who’d already seen the place, at least there were no complaints at the time), so not particularly interested in dying on this particular hill, you do you, whatevs. :smile:

1 Like

Just putting it out there, that’s all. People can easily get carried away when they discover new things.

3 Likes

& I am glad you did. I avoided even being in MM with people finding there way out there & have gone so far as to block people on XBL when I see them out there or using any other exploits. I really do want to experience the game as intended & as officially opened up for us. So, Again thank you!
SPP

3 Likes

Just dawned on me by watching the trailer a good couple of times to grasp all what is to come… the narrator voice is sooo comforting… lol I hope to hear her voice more often… if the voice actress doesn’t appear in dlc story hopefully later as an outside connection.

4 Likes

It would be rather interesting for them to expand the fictional universe outside of Sweden, not through new locations in other countries, but through radio transmissions and papers and even NPCs. It would be cool to see how this effects the world on a global scale.

3 Likes