Alpine Unrest - Update Notes

slmeone already put out a video with the alpine unrest dlc
(Language warning)

1 Like

I don’t know how long if ever I’ve seen someone make any sort of reference to one of my all-time favorite comedies. Cheerio!

As for the news I truly hope that the “various crashes” will include whatever has made the game impossible for me to play since I purchased it Nov. 1st. Storage box never seemed to be related to the crashing for me. I’m going to be gutted if the update drops and I’m still unable to play because I WANT TO PLAY! I love it and nothing else satisfies.

1 Like

Their explanation was that the gas mask doesn’t cover your skin, so you were still taking damage. The gas mask does provide protection but you will take damage because your skin is unprotected.

1 Like

I think it did in the very first posting:

I really don’t think the intention is to hurt anybody’s feelings. Perhaps it is an indication that safe houses aren’t quite as safe anymore?

I couldn’t agree more! Burning churches and desecrating Buddha statues or holy scriptures is entirely stupid. God, I’m sure, she doesn’t care, but people do.

2 Likes

I understand that and but there is no difference in the amount of damage you receive whether or not you are wearing it. As demonstrated by Xerz [IMPORTANT!] Popular Bugs List

I’d like to know if we’ll finally see an end to the Disembodied Machine Sounds. This is something that has been an issue for almost the whole third and fourth quarter of 2019 and it has been reported numerous times with both detailed bug reports and video.

It’s immersion-breaking, and interrupts gameplay where it’s important to listen for audio cues to survive.

3 Likes

What about weapon switch bug? Is it not fixed yet, really?

2 Likes

Hello!
Just a little question: What about bug of achievement like “tunnel rats”?
(Xbox one for me).

I set my alarm to get up at 1am EST USA so I could start the update on Xbox & buy the DLC…Sadly I have had 3 other games update & looked at a few DLC’s out today but, the GZ update & DLC are nowhere to be found. Did I miss a delayed release time for Xbox in the announcement? Sorry to ask & just wondering because sometimes I do miss things.
Thanks,
SPP

EDIT:
DLC was not listed in the new add-ons but is listed with them when you go to the game in the store & scroll down to add-ons there…
SPP

EDIT:
4:30as EST USA & Update just started. Sorry for the panic looks to be just a late starter…21.99GB on Xbox.
SPP

1 Like

It’s still late morning here in Sweden, they’re no doubt going over everything before releasing it onto Steam and the other platforms.

Edit: Just checked Steam and it’s downloading the update now. 12.84 gigabytes.

2 Likes

LOL…Looks like we were both typing at the same time…Thanks!
SPP

2 Likes

:thinking:
So does this mean the Chemist skill is rather useless now ?? And if so I’d like to see a rearrangement of the skills to prevent one from having to spend a skillpoint on a useless skill in the first line…

And what about the gas masks, do they work correct now and halt the gas poisoning or at least slow it significantly down ? And/or can we maybe get some proper ABC clothing in the future ?

2 Likes

It’s here.
As in, it’s available for purchase now.
I got mine.

Same for Runners, just noticed.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Chemist makes gas work slower if it does not stop at 25% health anymore. Need to test this (still downloading).

The gas mask should still be mere clothing without any effects, if I understand correctly.

EDIT: With the Chemist skill and base health (not upgraded) it takes mt roughly 1 min 6 sec to die from gas from full health. Can someone without Chemist cross-check?

Achievement unlocked, yeah thank you !

1 Like

Ps4 15. GB download , 11 am in uk now, 3hrs to download due to a lot of traffic , off for lunch , i will report back to the forum later tonight with the usual dialog , cheers aye

Thanks for the patch notes, now I can go ahead and uninstall the game to make room for one that works. I’ll check back at some point to see if the slowdown and guns not firing/ reloading ever gets looked.

1 Like

I think that is not fair towards the Studio and the developers. Updates, particularly DLCs, are much work and have a long timeline. There is a lot happening behind the scenes that needs coordination. I am sure there still is a long backlog of fix candidates from earlier times. I hope we see those issues dealt with in the next update. Plus: Bug fixes should never be rushed, they need thoroughness and testing! Also - as much as those issues bug me personally - there are other things that could rather be considered as game braking, such as not being able to complete missions and main/final missions in particular. And last but not least, not seldom issues are fixed in packages (grouping similar ones), as code sometimes gets overhauled on a per-module basis.

I hope many of us can be grateful and patient and supportive! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wait … are those skill points I see? :smile: