Casual chat discussions

knew my spicy opinion was extra hot sauce xD no sweat man, stay tuned for a vid i have planned on this. but yeah lets keep things to the vehicular side here :smiley:

2 Likes

I get that some people love the ever-evolving game where the end result usually ends up completely different what the game used to be. I, in the other hand, prefer the initial (launch day) state since back then, GZ was truly something unique.

Here, i agree. Devs should ditch the support for Xbox/PS4 and focus on PC/latest gen consoles when moving forwards. This move alone would open up GZ into loads of new features, even the minor ones, like wildlife (birds, rodents, deers, perhaps even a moose). Downside is all the Xbox/PS4 players who would be left behind.

1 Like

Discussion moved here to keep the source topic on-point.

//Mod

I do not fault that in the slightest aesyle, honestly the game we day oners fell in love with is a distant memory, iā€™d say even since shortly before alpine unrest when the archipelago got its first face lift we started to see the direction and tone shift.
I myself try to go with the flow, as thatā€™s where my passions brought me to, but i completely understand the side of the fence that just wants their old gen z backā€¦

when i make my vid (that will likely be hated to high hell) on youtube iā€™ll share it this way so we can start a thread on it proper and have multiple inputs. my hope for it is that people will see the reasoning behind it! :slight_smile:

Additional merge. :slightly_smiling_face:

//Mod

Not be a downer, but the launch day state was incredibly glitchy, and unforgiving. So, sorry, but personally, im thinking its better to be more progressive.

Yeah. These were the good old times.

For me, the saving grace is that iā€™m more into the lore than actual gameplay mechanics. Still, i liked the tough decisions i had to make when there was no Plundra and going on looting runs, just to collect enough ammo to take down bigger machines, without getting about 80% used ammo back from the kill of a tank. Oh, there were no spoon feeding as well and i love to use my head, instead being like a rat in the tunnel, following one POI icon to the next.

But with bugs and glitches aside, how was the launch day GZ? E.g game mechanics (no Plundra), no spoon feeding and the like?

1 Like

Gotta admit, it was pretty cool, and Iā€™m not saying that all of the things about it was bad. Iā€™m just saying, advancement is sometimes a good thing.

It depends what kind of advancement. Additional lore? Sure. More missions to go alongside the lore? Yes. Early cut features making a comeback? Why not. (e.g: prone, crafting, bounty misssons -> rivals) But changes to core gameplay? No thanks. (e.g POI icons, Plundra, machine loot, base building, vehicles)

Random thought: Iā€™d like to have WOP-35 back on the market.

By the way, I always forget to ask. in the location ā€œradio tower forrudenā€ there is a white container that requires a key to open. where to get this key?

But there is no key.

I donā€™t know under which topic this is best suited to talk about, so Iā€™ll try here.

The ā€œGameplay and Q&Aā€ live streams is whatā€™s on my mind. Simply put, they disappoint me. :roll_eyes:
I never have time to watch them when they go live, so I have to catch them whenever. I donā€™t watch all of them, but this recent one (13.01.) I wanted to watch, just to see if any new info for 2021 would come upā€¦ So, I just watched Pontus casually roam around the map for 1 hour +, doing basically nothing of interest. I was that close to clicking that X when he was messing around IGA.

So, how many direct questions regarding the game did Pontus answer? Not many, thatā€™s for sure! And none that I hoped for an answer to. So what am I really supposed to get out of watching these streams? If I just wanted to kill 1 hour, Iā€™d much rather play GZ myself than watch someone else play it. No surprise, but I never understood why streaming games is so popular to begin with. But hey, if you enjoy these streams, good for you at least. :slight_smile:

Please, donā€™t get me wrong. This isnā€™t just me venting toxicity. I would love for these streams to be improved, and for them to be as genuinely interesting as possible. Not just something to casually watch for an hour. Would it not be as simple as having two people host the stream? Pontus could be playing and chit-chatting, and another person, maybe even a dev, could focus on reading and answering questions, and talking to the viewers? :slightly_smiling_face:

Please donā€™t hate me for my blasphemy if these streams are sacred to you! :grimacing:

I would like to hear your opinions on this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes exactly . I saw the broadcast for the first time and thought it would be like a news announcement or showing some features or secrets. but after 20 minutes I turned it off and it seems not in vain))

2 Likes

@DmitryAleks donā€™t worry, you didnā€™t miss anything. No news, no teasers, nothing. :wink:

Oh, and ā€œWe got big stuff planned for 2021ā€ doesnā€™t count as a teaser IMO.

1 Like

I just thought so) maybe in the future they will change the approach to broadcasting) 60 viewers for such a game is certainly funny. you just need at least some script. content

Ah, remember though itā€™s 60 via Twitch, plus YouTube channel, Facebook, and Twitter so thereā€™s comfortably 3 figure crowds tuned in to the stream.

Iā€™ll +1 on having a set script/ timetable for future 2021 streams.

2 Likes

at least it would be interesting to look at the farm on guerilla difficulty without deaths. but definitely not the shooting of green cars from the experimental pvg90))

I donā€™t really like watching videos life. I rather choose a moment that is right for me, but still I have watched Pontus a few times life. The chat is too fast for me to keep track of, questions are answered that I canā€™t find back in the chat, and I always have the feeling that the regulars get acknowledged and their questions get answered. After a couple of tries I feel strange and out of place to even try to ask something, so now I mostly just watch and keep quiet.

I havenā€™t watch this last one, but with previous streams I have seen that a reasonable number of questions were answered. So I guess that there wasnā€™t much news to tell this time.

1 Like

This reminds me when Graham was still with us. Dev streams back then were great, where Pontus was playing the game (since he is better at playing) and Graham was answering players questions (by being a great peopleā€™s person). I just recalled a dev stream where Graham and Pontus switched their roles and it was very fun seeing Graham playing GZ. :grin:

Sadly, Graham had to leave (i still mis him) and now, Pontus is alone. It is quite a fiddle to play the game (to showcase it) and at the same time, read at least 3 different chat windows and answer the questions.

Current dev streams are good but, yes, i agree that another person in the steam helps with overall quality of the stream.

Though, dev stream does have had guests and when they do, streams are fun and engaging. Sadly, devs have things to do and they canā€™t be with Pontus in the stream all the time.

That is not entirely true.

For example, i asked in the stream about Reaper drop chance and if it is higher than e.g level 4 rival tank (which i suggested here: Reaper how to Get Max Yield). My question did not get an answer from Pontus. Instead some other person watching the stream answered to me but in a different way (he/she misunderstood my question).

1 Like