Changing the Reaper spawn/drops

ah, let me rephrase. No duplicate drops if clothing, plans, or experimental. If experimental and you have one it would drop in a rotation or something like that. It would make grinding worth it.

2 Likes

And I would add at least one clothing schematic. At this point clothing schematics only drop on level 4 rivals with any consistencyā€¦

1 Like

I wiped out 6 L4 rivals last night and got 1 schematic.

The drop rate has considerably changed post November update and genuinely and kicking myself now that I didnā€™t purge all 64.

The bitter sweet taste of waiting for the game to be fixed on Xbox, only to now have to rebuild over and over again to obtain schematics.

• however - Himfjall is next to check this evening ref L4 Rivals and Schematics
1 Like

It would be nice to see ensured schematic drops from the reapers loot pool, as schematics are end game content requiring hella grind to work your way up to 5c.
This way, even if youā€™ve gotten the sledge and the foa suit, you still could have loot to look forward to from the reaper.

As well, echoing sentiments here; the reaper could either be separate from rivals entirely or work as carni said with rival kills counting towards a reaper instead of against it. 8 kills to spawn a reaper? Something along that line. So that way the grind isnā€™t removed, but reduced and RNG is taken out of the equation.
(we have enough rng factors to consider when playing :crazy_face:)

4 Likes

Maybe you should stream whilst doing it? It seemed to work on your 8k stream you got 3 schematics I thinkā€¦ maybe the hype does work?

2 Likes

If only I could stream every rival kill! Iā€™d have all the schematics 2x over :'D

2 Likes

But heh you got it right in the end. That can be a tough fight there, depends on how many apoc show up and how many adrenaline you have. You can always run back to the fight from the safe house Lo its never too far on the island.

1 Like

Exactly. This forces you to drop your Region level, making it harder to spawn the Reaper. Itā€™s an absurd balancing act.

1 Like

Itā€™s like the game was aware of this thread and my complaints, and wanted to shut me up, because yesterday when I had some time to play, I got the reaper to spawn in the Farmlands.
Killed it, and immediately after a new one spawned. Killed that one as well, and yet again, right after the second a third one spawned which Iā€™m taking on tonight.

Anyway, original complaint still stands - killing rivals should work in favor of spawning the reaper, not against it.

2 Likes

I agree to this! The reason to that I have already stopped killing reapers is because of this reason. I have almost 8 rivals in all my regions so if I want to spawn the reaper I must kill 1. But if I do my region lvl decreases. And then almost always just another rival spawns instead of the reaper.

2 Likes

Fighting The Reaper, you mean? :slight_smile: It wasnā€™t very hard on Skirmish, but it was a very entertaining fight. Finally a machine that felt like it actually wanted to kill you. I have at least 70 or 80 adrenaline lying around somewhere, and I think I used 5 on my first Reaper. I was fighting a bit recklessly, and I could probably do it with less if I was more careful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think part of it is the way the EXP dynamic works.

1 Like

Does the FOA clothing set have a unique function or is it just cosmetic? IMO the reaper loot pool isnā€™t that much different from rivals in the sense that you still need to grind a lot. And the EXP sledgehammer doesnā€™t feel all that rewarding as melee is something some players donā€™t like. So in the end you grind for something that you can already get i.e exp guns but getting the reaper can take as long to spawn as killing regular rivals.

1 Like

As far as i know, the FOA suit is only cosmetic. Just like all other clothing sets are.
Topic about it: FOA Suit -|Spoilers|

Though, itā€™s true that current Reaper loot pool doesnā€™t match the trouble of spawning one and killing one. If experimental .50 cal would only drop from Reaper, then it would increase the Reaper value a lot since itā€™s the best weapon in the game.

3 Likes

In your opinion of course :grin:

1 Like

Well, yes. And iā€™m sure iā€™m not the only one who thinks so as well. :wink:

But if to increase Reaper value for those (select few) who doesnā€™t see experimental .50 cal as one of the best (if not the best) weapon in the game, Reaper can have exclusive drops for experimental KVM 59 and experimental AG4 as well. This way, Reaper would have increased broader value. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Has anyone got one from Reaper?

@Catalyst_Light and I have tested multiple times and we have yet to see one from Reaper.

In fact he got his off a lvl 3 Rival Harvester shortly after just doing Rival hunts,ā€¦

I only have 1 working theory thatā€™s confirmed ( with me at least )

Kamikaze Reaper does not drop experimental weapons

1 Like

Do you mean if he self destructs, he doesnā€™t drop experimentals? Because thatā€™s wrong

1 Like

Fair enough. As I said - itā€™s been consistent this way for me.

I shall continue to investigate

1 Like