Cheaters, when will you prevent this?

The example doesn’t have to be a very good one since you got what i was saying.

Btw, your counter example isn’t the best either. Sure, i may not live in that building or don’t have to be there but there are neighbors who do and loud music hurts them. Especially infants and toddles who need their nap during the day. So, reporting would make sense still.

I take that you’ve never reported anyone through Steam and doesn’t know how things work. Here’s what Steam says to you once you’ve made the report:
(the last line in green box)

If a cheater gets banned since they are cheating (doesn’t matter who reported them), then i only have this to say to a cheater: “If you can’t do the time - don’t do the crime.”.

While cheater in his own SP game doesn’t hurt anyone else except himself/herself, things change when said person joins MP game with cheats enabled. Will i be there when cheater joins someone else? No. But the poor bloke’s gameplay experience, who’s game cheater joined, can be hurt. Just like OGDH explained above.

Also, all the cheater needs to do, to avoid others joining his/hers SP game, is going into Multiplayer settings and set his/hers game “Invite Only”. With that setting, no other people can join the game, unless invited by host.

All cheaters should set their game to Invite Only. This would give them their own sandbox where to play by their rules while the rest of us (legit players) can enjoy cheat free MP game with other legit players.
There is a reason why crooks are held in a prison.

Steam has VAC and it would benefit GZ quite a bit. Though, i’m not sure if VAC can work with the Apex engine.

I’m moving this thread to the Feedback/Feature requests section, since it isn’t really a ‘bug’, but it is good feedback for Avalanche.

Thanks!
boston_51

it’s only shared between your characters

So, more folks seem to be annoyed with the level of cheating in GZ, and how it affects them.
These are ideas based on LOGIC and PRAGMATISM, and DEVOID of emotional impact.
I am NOT taking EMOTION in account here, but I try to address the problem of cheating.
No more… and no less… :slight_smile:

Simple ways to overcome cheating:

1. Take the BEST GZ gamer, see how he levels, make a programmed rule one cannot have faster speeds gaining Exp.
  2. Take the BEST GZ gamer, do the same with levelling.
  3. To overcome ALREADY cheated accounts: next DLC is incompatible with current safe: one needs to restart.
  4. Use https://forum.generationzero.com/t/2-ideas-to-solve-the-weapon-drop-and-weapon-dupe-issue/22760/ as additional implementation.

Can a PROGRAMMER please tell me the feasibility of implementing this, approximate code duration, difficulty, ‘resource need’?
Thank you.

If you want more systems implemented, please do ask…
I have several ideas more, if needed.

Well I’ll be…
Upon search for cheater, cheating, it turned no results… my apologies…

Indeed, sir @Anon302611
But when weapons are level locked, the ‘need’ to dupe is gone.
Why dupe something… you cannot use?
Right?
Also, weapons could be given unique ID’s on creation, for example.
Having a duped ID would erase the dupe.
This has been done in many a game.
And the system… works…

Other ideas:
Godmode prevention: a simple piece of code that sees if hitting the player results in damage: if NOT, player is booted to start screen with a warning. Three warnings would result in save demolition.

Insta-Kill prevention: A simple piece of code that checks the weapon normal damage vs actual damage done: if NOT, player is booted to start screen with a warning. Three warnings would result in save demolition.

Speed Cheat: Player speed and stamina vs real speed and stamina ingame: if NOT correct, player is booted to start screen with a warning. Three warnings would result in save demolition.

Are you saying All current saves would not work?
Because if they did release a DLC or patch that made starting over from scratch mandatory that would get a lot of people angry.
I’m annoyed I had to restart as many times as I have because of bugs and have a hard time playing right now because I feel lost having to backtrack and figure out which side missions I need to re pick up. I dont want to start over again and lose the seasonal items I’d lose.

3 Likes

So on ps4 I joined a random game and shortly after another player joined but straight away I noticed something worrying.

So we were just running around taking out whatever tanks and harvesters we came across but this new player was running around with the exp pistol except the pistol was firing rpgs like a machine gun.

I personally witnessed him on more than three occasions taking out fnix tanks in less than 5 seconds and to confirm something was iffy when in a house he was firing his gun at us and the whole house was shaking like when rpgs hit and the furniture was moving.

If these mods or whatever are out there its only a matter of time before there everywhere and really spoils the game this behaviour.

1 Like

This is somewhat concerning from point of consoles. Closed systems and you dont easily modify console content.
I have always though consoles are cheat free because closed system design, except physical hardware modifications and cheats by that way.

I think this is an issue connected with an exploit where you can use a type of ammo in a gun that doesn’t normally take it .

1 Like

But that was patched, right?

I dont know , i dont remember it being in the patch notes .

It was patched, but any guns in your inventory that had the incorrect ammo / accessories bound to it were still like that post patch.

As long as the player didn’t un-bind the RPG ammo from his pistol it would still work like that until he put normal ammo in it.

(I had Klauke with an assault rifle barrel extension because I thought it looked cool)

Hi everyone. In last few days i see plenty of cheaters joining to my game. They are mostly russians and if you ask why i’m saying this?
Situation:
Someone join me, moving extremly fast. Rocket launcher shoot as tank (missle barrage).
Fully skilled (all skill trees)

And most important… these players are intend to only shoot all your rivals and than go out.

I dont really like this toxic behaviour. And there should be punishment for such trash. Yesterday it took me two rival deaths before i even noticed that someone joined me (no chat information about someone joined game)
Kick from game is nit enough because they can simply join again (only making game private is solution)

I would like to have some black list or report button in multiplayer menu.

P.S. i hope i made this in correct topic

3 Likes

What platform are you on? Because if you are on console there is a wway you can report them from their xbox profile (and I imagine therre is something similar on ps4) And there may well be something on steam. Sadly this is probably the best you will get, and I wish there was a better punishment system, like a temp ban from multiplayer games on the platform.

I would put this in features and requests.

I play this on PC. And im really annoyed by these players.

Mate, same here (I mean attitude, I play on Xbox). They come into your world and get all worked up when you don’t let them hunt your rivals. Just annoying.

1 Like

It would be very funny if cheaters playing multiplayer would automatically activate a security system activating cheater mode, where :

• any machine bullet kills the cheater
  • There is no loot from enemies
  • cheaters can´t fast travel
2 Likes

While agree this would be funny and entertaining (particularly if they had their mics on and were complainging about it), I think it would be better for a way you could report players from the “Team” section in your inventory, and if they were reported three times with, lets say a week, (just a suggestion) then there would be a function were if they try to join a multiplayer game then it comes up with a pop-up to say “Sorry this content is unavailable, you can acess this content is .” While being something that players have power over, it is also effective. Again, I’m not sure this would be implemented into the game, but do consider this, or something like it.

PS: They should be able to host multiplayer, but not be a client.

Threads merged. Cheating is prohibited, the EULA clearly states under article 19 Prohibited use;

• Use of your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game, its environment or change how the Game is played or services used;
  • Use of your own or third-party software, the Game or any information accessible through the System, to bypass or modify any System login architecture or create or provide any other means through which any System may be accessed and/or the Game may be used by others in ways other than those intended by Avalanche Studios;

And since it concerns multiplayer;

• Disrespecting the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. You may not defraud, harass, threaten, or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players;

Unfortunately the game lacks a reporting feature, or any kind of way to report cheating players to the devs. Session owners will have to watch out for cheaters. You can contact Steam Support though if you encounter players breaking the game’s EULA.

I for one would like some way of reporting them ingame.

//Mod