CO-OP Disconnecting Repeatedly on Strong BBISPs

Co-Op by invite games with 2 players, both in NW USA repeatedly disconnects no matter who is hosting with strong ISP Broadband connections (One has cable, one has fiber). Happens often at save points (safehouses) and every 10 or 15 minutes when out in the wild and in battles. Seeking any comment or solution from those that have experienced this. Since this doesn’t seem to be P2P where I can send my static IP and port to my friend, desperate for a solution. Thoughts? Anything from the game devs?

2 Likes

Sorry mate, this seems to be a common ocurrence for some people. But the devs are aware of it. Here is a similar post I made about this a little while ago… are your crashes similar to those?

1 Like

I did a reinstall and that seemed to reduce the frequency but did not eliminate the problem. Maybe cut it by 50%.

No crash, just the constant disconnecting of my buddy when I host from my save. I invite him, he loads in nearest safehouse, we work our way forward and blip! He disconnects completely. He backs out to menu, I invite again, rinse repeat. All night long. We had a one hour session the other day without disconnects. Then it was every 5 minutes after that.

Interesting! They are not similar. What happens is, player disconnects, host player sees this in text, but the guest player is now playing on their own, assumed on their own save file locally. So no crash, just disconnect, and the game continues, just separately.

i know this is an old post but this is exactly whats been happening to me and a couple of friends who play this game a lot. I know they like working on new content but this really needs some polish for all the co-op players out there.