Here are a few simple “rules” (do’s and dont’s) that people really should consider when they join others.
Edit: List rewritten. Added things from contributors in the thread.
- greet the host and the other players when you join a game
- primarily check what the host is up to, and help him/her out (unless the person tells you otherwise)
- be polite and mind you language
- go after and kill rivals on your hosts game unless the host has given permission
- run around finishing missions that your host hasn’t been able to even take a look at
- run ahead revealing everything in the game ahead of the host, unless asked to
- blow up cars and other things just because you want to try and hurt your teammates on purpose
- Watch out for cheaters. If you stumble upon anyone cheating, you can ask the host to kick them out. Some hosts will kick you instead of the cheater - so be it. Report cheaters on your gaming platform.
- If the host is cheating, leave the game, report.
Feel free to add to this topic. Most of the things on this list of course also applies when you are the host.