Companion and pUpdate (18-07-2023) discussion (Spoilers)

Yes, he lost armor health. Eventually, it will loose that armor. Your companion’s hud will change from Shield to Plus sign.

I going to see later, and get some pics and document what happens. Normally I am running around and don’t notice the exact moment when it loses it’s armor, and when it changes to Plus hud, if it’s health then starts at 100%. I assume it does.

I have not Bought that DLC pack yet, I do like the idea of the Remote ticks ^.^

But not so much the Hacking Dart… as it just by passes the need of the Hacking Specialization to Hijack Machines… <.<
even though you can hijack 2 with Hacking Specialization (1 by Dart and another by Binocular’s tech mode)

It just seems to weaken the Hacking Specialization, if you ask me
as a Dart seems to have a 100% Success to Hijack a machine for 60sec

However Binocular hacking is a chance: Tick (100%), Runner (80%), Hunter, (60%) Harvester, (40%) Tank (20%) and a 60sec cooldown on Fail or Success
and makes it Friendly for 30 sec
If i recall right… I’ve not tested with Soviet Machines… <.<;

Good that they let the community participate and ask for feedback.

On the other hand it seems to prove, that they don’t have the own capabilities to run sufficient tests.

They did mention that their staff were going on Summer Holiday, which also would explain ask the Community assistance is more due to that, this time at least.

Many a’ Times PC have been seen as the Test Platform.
As for some Games as we’ve gotten things earlier, but also with Bugs and issues, which then gets patched before it gets Ported to Consoles.
(Sometimes we get terrible Console Ports, sadly it happens both ways)

Even though Playstation and Xbox now a’days Pretty much are specialized Pre-build PCs…
But see your Point about feeling left out. <.<;

I gave my companion an armor immediatly.
I wasn’t able to repair him yet, because he still has armor. But he lost health.

I’d say it’s a bug.

It’s not a Bug.
But not now how i though they would have Implemented it Either.

The Armor is working like a Absorption shield, absorbing all damage till it breaks
It’s not like Regular Armor where Damage is split between Health and Armor
or reduction to Damage taken, like our Apparel Upgrades and Skill traits.

The First time My Runners Armor broke Broke for me i though my Runner were Wreaked
But then noticed it was up again instantly o.0
I saw a Downed runner icon, but then it got replaced and with a Full Health Bar…
and i Wondering if it had spent one of the “Repair kits” it had in it’s inventory.
But then i noticed it took more damage from before and when it was down again it didn’t come up again so i repaired and noticed it still had the same amount of “Repair kit” it started with plus the once i added on top, it still had 10.
So i was a bit confused to what happened…

I think the Hud showed me the Downed Runner icon for a split second and I noticed it, before it switched were to the “Runner Health Icon” instead.

When i had enough points to unlock the first Armor Upgrade to Uncommon / 2 Crowns.
I went to the Companion Station, i noticed the Armor slot was Empty… <.<
But when i equipped it with the new Armor i noticed The icon now Looked differently with a Shield, so i went back into my Screenshots and noticed 2 Different Hud Icons for the Runner, as mentioned and showed above with Screenshots
But those were a’bit later when i were Testing the Superior (3 Crowns) Basaltic against several groups of Machines in the Industrial complex in South East Farmlands

The Toughness of the Armor seems to Double for Each Tier
(But also be Twice as Tough as the Default Armor)
and now with Epic (4 Crowns) Ballistic Armor very Durable, but without it would just be fragile and you can’t Re-fit a new Armor in the field even if you Carry an Extra or your Companion Runner does… <.<

I’m not too sure about this Designs choice…
As it seems like when it have Good or Great Armor and when it’s Breaks it’s time to run and pick up the Dog0 and dispear and Fast-travel to a Companion Station and re-fit it a new Armor <.<
as what may only be about 4 Damage to a Epic (4 crown) Ballistic Armor, will be about 100 Health damage when the armor is broken <.<;

and yes… i have sprinted and dived into a rockets barrage to pick up my Dog0, to save it as it’s Armor had broken only to see gray, as my health got wreaked to single a digit instead.
as i don’t have Extra health nor Vanguard. as most of my defense in from avoidance by sprint speed.

But also as you see Below, It have Full health under the Armor

BTW when you equip Armor to your Companion Runner, it also resets the Health Bar to Full in additional to Armor Bar.

1 Like

My first companion (1st world) is a spotter.

I took my 2nd character and went into my 2nd world.

I did the mission to unlock the companion again.

I didn’t attach the armor immediatly.
I gave him the medic module and transfered some first aid kits.
I configured a name and its look.

We went into some proto machines, I got hurt, the companion got damaged.

I was able to select to repair him.
He didn’t heal me.

Then I attached armor on him and his icon changed and his health bar went to 100%.

One more thing besides the companion…

Did you realize that they changed for example Saltholmen church? I’m pretty sure the stairs in front of it weren’t there before, the truck is new, the parking slots changed, the interior of the church changed…

And when running towards each mission location I had the feeling that my weapons were much stronger. Maybe it’s because my 2nd world is quite young… But my lvl31 2nd character blew the proto tank and harvester next to this church away in seconds with my exp pvg… About 5 shots each.

My exp AG4 ran through runners like through butter. Just a few hits in general.

In my 1st world with my 1st character it takes more shots to destroy them.

And yes, it’s both set on skirmish.

Btw. guys my pet is a bit adventurous, so when I expect it to help me fight, it some times runs off way out of sight. Most of the time I go and fetch it, and bring it back to where I want the fight to be.

I do reward it by petting and playing with it, but I think my pet is either a bit of a dufus, or it has a will of it’s own. Still I can’t blame it for this behavior. I kind like that it is adventurous. :dog2:

I sure love, that I not totally alone anymore, and I noticed that I state talkin to it while I play.
“Come Dufus, keep up!” :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I am pretty sure that was already like that. Still I have a look today to make sure.
Edit: I made a photo of the runestone there (feb update)

4 Likes

@Madchaser

He didn’t heal me.

The Healing Module have a bit of an odd behavior…
It doesn’t seem to heal till you fall under 60 or 50 despite if it have Standard or Simple medkits <.<
and it uses the best Medical item available

Did you realize that they changed for example Saltholmen church? I’m pretty sure the stairs in front of it weren’t there before, the truck is new, the parking slots changed, the interior of the church changed…

IIt’s been there for a long time, I do recall realizing there was a gate an some stairs in the Update before they Added the Soviet Machines, but i can’t recall if it were there before or just didn’t notice it…

The Truck is newer, that were added in the Archipelago Rewamp
But i think they’ve changed some of the Cars in the Church’s Parking lot again in one of the recent updates.

And when running towards each mission location I had the feeling that my weapons were much stronger. Maybe it’s because my 2nd world is quite young… But my lvl31 2nd character blew the proto tank and harvester next to this church away in seconds with my exp pvg… About 5 shots each.

If your using the Experimental Automat-Gevær 4 on Prototypes, that’s why
I’ve 1-shot with it for years, by hitting the fuel tank
Military runner will take 2, 3 if you hit the Armor plate with the first shot.

Try with a Gray (1 Crown) or Uncommon (2 Crowns) Automat-Gevær 4 and you’ll see a difference more then the Stat bar tells you. ;p

@Gysbert

Btw. guys my pet is a bit adventurous, so when I expect it to help me fight, it some times runs off way out of sight. Most of the time I go and fetch it, and bring it back to where I want the fight to be.

Mine have done too, so many times… even running past Machines attacking it… <.<;
and at times it have suddenly pulled more Enemies due to this odd behavior
and sometimes i could see it because of the Spotting Model marked it’s Target in red
or suddenly chose to chase after something far away that i could not see only for it to be teleported back to me (as it got to far away) if I didn’t follow it, to something i were not in combat with, yet ran same way again…
i then followed and found a Runner walking 300m away <.<;

I’ve already Disarmed the Harvester (Destroyed the Missile Pods with my PvG)
Yet It Decided to attack another Rival in the Woods, a Hunter

For some reason i wanted to go for that Harvester in the distance…
and it ran under the Tank after it had Shot at my Dog0 and tried to stump it, but missed XD

2 Likes

That’s not how it feels on my first character and first world which are 2 years old now. Weird.
The only differences are that my 1st character uses a compensator and a 1x4 scope on the exp AG4 and my 2nd character uses a silencer and a red dot scope.

1 Like

It’s like I said. Even if the Companion isn’t quite doing what it is supposed to, I just imagine it is just a young pup who has still a lot to learn. That why I said I like it to be unpredictable. I know that in the end
it will behave more as time goes by. (after some dev tweaks)

We need a pet Reaper :rofl:

1 Like

About those CSPs… has anyone figured out how these points are generated from XP and how the XP is distributed between a player and his companion ?
At the moment it seems I’m not able to reliably produce CSPs for my new friend…

“Kill enemies together”… does my pet have to take part in a battle ? I mean actively shooting at machines or even killing them ? Sometimes hard to achieve if he gets distracted and starts running away… lol

It seems to me, that he got the most points so far for being involved in a fight with a Hunter rival and 2nd most points for finishing off some proto Hunters that had been disarmed by me beforehand… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not sure too, but I always make sure the companion is deployed and we are in combat. After that it’s hard to know who obtained the points, since you don’t see it happening. But in general I get a good amount of points and I think the kills of both count.

I do had a few times that a sort popup appeared showing a certain number of CDPs for instance [124+50] in big green and orange digitrs. I think that means that I had 124 points and got 50 points for the kill. It could be that was when killing a rival.

I will try to make a screenshot of that popup if it happens again, and if think about it, and if I’m quick enough. :thinking: and that’s a lot of ands…

1 Like

I think they are asking for a Soviet machine Boss.
The Reaper pet will have to wait :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a bug or intentional, but I noticed that you can’t build a companion station on your resistance bases, did the devs say anything about this at some point?

1 Like

I just mentioned it a few posts ago.

1 Like

My bad, I skipped a few posts.

1 Like

No problem, you even made a screenshot, that’s good.

Maybe we should even make an own topic for that, for a better chance that it’s seen.

Yes, But my research is not Fully concluded yet…
As I often got extra Visitors as they heard my shots, rolls in or my Dog0 had ran of and pulled additional Targets <.<;
or wants to Run of… when i need it to Hit a disarmed Machine chasing me so i can calculate how much CSPs it Gives… >.>

How You Earn CSP (Companion Schematic Points) is Simple.
You’ll get them from any machine you or Co-Players Destroy Along side your Companion.
BUT ONLY if your Companion have scored a HIT on it first, and have done at least 1 damage to a Machine before it gets Destroyed.
and that your Companion Runner is not Wreaked.

Which is by Far easier to Notice if it is equipped with a Rocket Launcher.

For obvious reasons (Click to Show)

and the “Plink” Sound it makes in impact on Metal.

This is how many Points you get for Each Machine:

• Tick - Any: 1
  • Runner - Any: 1
  • Seeker - Any: 1
  • Hunter - Any: 1
  • Harvester: Prototype, Military, Fnix 8
  • Tank: Prototype, Military, Fnix: 8
  • Lynx: N/A
  • Wof - Soldier: 10 (unsure if it’s Correct)
  • “Sputnik”: N/A
  • Rivals (Any Class, Any Type, Any level) : 50
  • Reaper: 100

Last 2 will be Shown on Screen if your the Host, but not if your Guest (at least before the Hotfix).
I didn’t see them Appear while i was Guest in my Friend’s World Yesterday evening and we Destroyed at least 6 Rivals.

@Gysbert

I will try to make a screenshot of that popup if it happens again, and if think about it, and if I’m quick enough.

Oh I already have Such due to the research I’ve Done on It ^.~

Here you go (Click to View)

2 Likes

they have to improve the AI of the enemies and our doggy

Thx for the explanation that fits pretty well into my own experience yesterday evening at Sandbo safehouse.
Imo that’s a good spot to start getting used to the behaviour of our little friend in a fight.
And the heartbreaking sound he makes when he’s hit or stomped on by a Tank… :cry:

Usually there are enough Tanks and Harvesters around one can pick and shoot off the weapons to ease the pain a bit for our little friend… :wink:

Stupidly enough the little wannabe hero often enough starts melee attacks on Tanks… :flushed:
… and gets kicked for “peeing” on a Tank’s leg… :man_facepalming: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes