Companion and pUpdate (18-07-2023) discussion (Spoilers)

Nice to see you back here @IanForce :wave: :grinning: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

patriks great grandpa was in ww1, that hotel is as old as that, his grandpa told him about under ground tunnels used in ww1 to help survivors and such, so Patrik and everyone in the hotel have access to the main island, just a thought

1 Like

Sweden didnā€™t take part in WW1 officially.
Yes, there must be an underground system, maybe connecting the FOA bunkers.
How else should the reaper from FOA4 get to Ɩstertƶrn?

And for the resistance there is still the small boat to travel forth and back.

1 Like

But the crater could be the exit of the tunnel system. And that big hole sealed it up.

1 Like

Is this a lore fact, or are you fantasizing? Always great to discover new lore. :slightly_smiling_face:

The second one, I guessā€¦ :roll_eyes::man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thx @Gysbert for adding/sumerizing so much info.

Doesnā€™t sound too interesting so far.
I hoped that we might be able to add more/other weapons to it.

Just the behaviour modules sound interesting. We need more information about them.

@SR_Carni

I have some questions, you could answer. If not now, then in the coming official news.
Some of these questions, if the answers currently are ā€œnoā€, could also be seen as improvement ideas. :wink:

But, are we able to, like with the pillboxes? (experimental ammo)

How large is small?

More questions:

• How do we get the companion? (if we left it broken on the battlefield)
    Can we spawn it from the vehicle station or is there a new station for doing that?

• Can we stop him? Maybe we want to sneak but have a companion with usā€¦ Will he start to attack or wait until we are in combat?

• What if we use the jammer and walk right into a fnix base? Will he be attacked/start attacking? Can we leave him outside of the fnix base to start supporting us later when combat started, so that he distracts the other machines on one side of the base while we destroy the generators on the other side?

• What if we run away from combat? Will he follow us on our retreat or will he fight until death?

• If we flew, but the companion still is fighting, will he keep the ā€œin combatā€ status alive and prevent us from using fast travel?

• Is the companion an obstacle? Can he block our ways? Do we just walk through him or will he go out of the way by itself? Can we jump on it to reach higher places?

5 Likes

Two further questions from meā€¦

• will the companion be damaged by friendly fire ?

• can we determine whether itā€™s our companion or just another runner when using IR on the scope ?
    (just asking because any fancy paintjobs wouldnā€™t be noticed using IR or NVā€¦)

3 Likes

Can you be damaged by friendly fire?

Maybe thatā€™s where its name tag comes into play.

Not sure, Carni did mention that he could not ride it, he tried. But all is pointinting to, that you can not place or order the companion. He acts like a runner. Maybe if you equip a different behavior mode, not in attack mode for instance, or follow mode, or playful mode.

You can not jump on any of the machines now, so doubt you can on the pet. I have tried jumping down on top a reaper before and you just fall off.

2 Likes

@Madchaser Damn those are a lot of questionsā€¦altough they are all quite valid!!

Dont whish to offend anyone,and this is the right place at the Forum for this, but we are not going to get any big answers until day 16/17.
Im just going to wait.
But im sure that :

• We wont be able to Ride it
  • He will be in front of us a few times (obstacle)
  • There will be a lot of small bugs with the friendly A.I
2 Likes

From the 5 voice boxes, there one that I am not sure what to think about that. The typewriter. :guitar:
Canā€™t wait to check them out.

Of the armor types I feel the Ballistic Plates are the one I would choose for the initial configuration

I would like swarms of mosquitoes in the swamps of the Marshlands. And other subtle animals sounds everywhere for more immersion.

2 Likes

A valid point and no.
But we are the ā€œhumanā€ fraction and the companion belongs to the ā€œmachinesā€ fractionā€¦ :thinking:
Well, weā€™ll seeā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

My guess is the pet is just like another player as far as damage from friendly fire. But, just like other players, you can probably damage the pet with friendly explosions from all the items we can use to damage ourselves and other players. But other machines will damage the pet and may treat it like another player.

1 Like

Would there be mosquitos in such a cold climate? Even if there are during the spring and summer would they still be there, and active in the fall and winter months?

1 Like

I guess the point with the mosquitoes was just a joke refering to Mr_A1992s "ā€¦ small bugsā€¦ ". :wink:

Now another one:
I hope our ā€œdogā€ doesnā€™t attract too many ticks, like my friends dog does. Evil little bloodsuckers.

2 Likes

I wonder what each behavior actually does.

• Like the Module Medic, is our buddy healing us or bringing us a medkit.

• The scavenger seems to gather resources, but what and how?

• And the Spotter, how would that work?
    Would it look in a direction and make a ā€œspotted-something-soundā€? :point_left:

1 Like

Wooden sticksā€¦ :grin: :wink:

2 Likes