Companion and pUpdate (18-07-2023) discussion (Spoilers)

It was @SR_Carni who coined that “Pupdate” phrase. I liked that. :point_left:

2 Likes

I don’t see why the DLC would work any different for the pet. Want paid DLC features, then pay for them.

1 Like

It’s a passive effect I’m talking about.
The medic trailer is a good example again. My mate didn’t buy this dlc, but he can be healed by the trailer.
So it’s a legal question.

1 Like

These are 2/4 of the looks you get access to by looting!

Edit: these are Cosmetic afterall.

2 Likes

…or are you going all out with the Companion Accessories DLC for that extra spice? 👀

This question followed, so I think it’s just cosmetic.

1 Like

gCPBqHsL

Patch notes for the Companion pUpdate

3 Likes

That new art with the added Companion looks so good. Shoutout to the art team for their skills :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Depending on the weapon you give it, you’ll also have to equip it with the appropriate ammo.

I thought that wouldn’t be needed?!
Well, why not. (experimental ammo :star_struck:)

1 Like

For so far I understand it, you have to equip the appropriate ammo, but not provide it.

Scavenger Module
Allows your companion to collect items from defeated enemies into its inventory.

Sounds like the companion loots everything. This will result in additional inventory management. Will he stop looting if he is full? Will he inform us about that? Or will he stop running/moving like players if he is overencumbered?

Medic Module
Allows your companion to use medical supplies from its inventory to heal you when you’re injured.

Sounds like he really works as mobile medical trailer with this module. But does he also heal other players?

Spotter Module
Allows your companion to mark enemies during combat, causing them to take extra damage.

Like I guessed he seems to work like the skill. But will he also spot and mark enemies for other players?

Two players with each a companion, one as medic, one as spotter, could really work as a perfect team, if this is intended this way.

KNOWN ISSUES
Gameplay

In some instances the client’s Companion might be Invisible to the host of a multiplayer game

By this known issue it is proved that all players in coop will be able to have their own companion.

Finally: good to read that some of the recent bugs are solved, too. It’s just sad that they really fixed the daily weekly random missions.

1 Like

Yes, you can pet the Companion. pic.twitter.com/vgeH2ypaY3

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) July 17, 2023

Sceptical towards this, as AI companions that can die tend to be very hard to manage in games, getting 30 more inventory capacity for free might free up a skill point for some players, and the marking module feels like an upgrade with no downsides. Making good AI is hella hard and wishing the best, but remains to be seen how this friendly friend performs!

1 Like

no offense but i guess you didn’t play or understand the northern resistance part and also didn’t complete the matryoshkas because then you would know what happens when you have a robo friend.

I guess there is nobody who knows all the lore better than Gysbert…

Let us take part… What happens to who?

Do you mean Tatjanas story, who was saved by an unprogrammed, just friendly AI?

Do you compare this to a reprogrammed machine that isn’t just willing to help us, but is programmed to do so?

But in the end: What do you want to tell?

I don’t think that it’s stupid. It was the original intention to get machines that help or replace the swedish army. By trying to reprogram one hostile machine we could get closer to a final solution for fnix.

3 Likes

The Paint Job colours from the upcoming Companion DLC are horrible.
Only the Black fire looks “Cool”

• BubbleGum and Blue thunder are very similar
  • Grand prix seems to be a boring vanilla skin with nothing special, reminds me of the U.S flag too (americans will be pleased i guess)
  • Mecha monster is a bit ugly too reminds of Original Green Goblin colour design.

Why not a Full Black Paint Job?
Why not a Paint Job with Green or White camo patterns?

This is indeed my personal taste, but im sure many will think the same way as me.
I dont see the logic in most of these Paint job colours and patterns.

The non DLC Skins are actually better than the paid ones, weird :eyes:

2 Likes

Totally agree.
Paintings like camos for the different locations and circumstances would make much more sense and would be more welcome on my side:

Urban camo
Wood camo
Snow camo
Farmlands camo
Dazzle camo
Night camo (black)

Just like some of the weapon skins or apparel have.

1 Like

Exactly, and we already have some good camouflage patterns ingame for clothes.
Each armor type protection seems different and has a purpose, so i dont understand their decision
If we had like 30 diferent camo types(like in many other titles), it would make sense to have a few “clown” skins like those 4 from the dlc but that is NOT the case.

Quite a weird decision :thinking:

1 Like

But, I bet one you can live with. Afterall it is all a matter of taste, isn’t it? :vulcan_salute: :smiley:

Its a valid complaint.
That is all.

1 Like