Companion and pUpdate (18-07-2023) discussion (Spoilers)

:scream: God beware…

Hahaha errrrm… actually I’m not sooo sure if I really would want such a :dog: module… especially not if the above mentioned behaviour might apply… :scream: Like:

“Here doggo… bring it back” *whistles * "come on doggo… " “Ahhh, what i fine boy you are… ehh… what the f…?” *boom *

:wink:

4 Likes

Fetch… :rofl:

4 Likes

One issue with this new feature is that now…people are going to say :

" we got a Runner companion, now i want a Hunter!"

and others will say

“We want a Tank companion!”

“I want a Lynx companion”
:sweat_smile: :thinking: :eyes:

5 Likes

True, I have seen several such requests.

2 Likes

Oh yes…
And “they could do it as optional paid dlc” and “you don’t have to use/buy it if you don’t like it”.

On the other hand… A request like “you did companions, now do a new island” would be welcome :crazy_face:

1 Like

@Mr_A1992 , l don’t want a tank companion. I just want this.

Sorry for all these references to days long past :yawning_face:

1 Like

Don’t even have this yet and already others are wanting more. Ask 10 people what they want and you will get 100 answers.

3 Likes

Thats different, we never had any other islands since late 2019 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

‘’’ runner repair station ??? !

2 Likes

‘’’ Patrik ??? !

2 Likes

No. It’s Björntunet hotel on Himfjäl which is just dlc content (alpine unrest).

It has always looked that way.

What about Patrik?

1 Like

Nobody asked yet how the companion can be repaired, but I’m guessing that it works just like with the motorbikes with a repair kit, that way you can repair your friend in the field. Which means there is no need for a runner repair station.

1 Like

patrik is the guy responsible 4 runner repairs on himfall island, and probably working on how 2 turn them friendly ??? !

1 Like

I would have said that he’s just responsible for the wine. The important things of living in the underground and sending teenagers to do the hard work…

1 Like

then who is working on the runner on the table

1 Like

Noone?
It’s next to the recycling station.
I thought that they pulled in a dead runner to recycle its components.

But who knows. It’s an about 4 years old scene.

1 Like

there’s more 2 Patrik than we will ever understand, he is the only capable of what he was doing in the runner table, the only one fidaling with some walkie talkies in hand, everyone else in the room is not capable of has the experience

1 Like

There not much known about Patrik else than in the mission “A Light in the Dark” where he and Åsa spotted a morse code light signal coming from Klacksundsfyren lighthouse. But it could be that he has the skills to build a Runner friend from parts the survivors scavenged.

1 Like

Probably not, since Himfjäll is a paid DLC and the basic companion content is free. So this would be contradictory.

4 Likes

That’s not necessarly a reason.
But it must be included in a logical way.

Think about the reaper.
First time many of us saw him was on Himfjäl during the mission in FOA 4.

But that was intended and therefore logical.

In this case with the companion there would be some changes necessary for Himfjäl that could also work for non-dlc owners, like Patrik moving to a new base on Östertörn and explaining that he finished his work on Himfjäl and now brings it to all the other members of the resistance on Östertörn.

By that the devs could afterwards change and explain what the people did on Himfjäl.

But hey, the content is finished and I don’t think that they will change it that way now. Release is in 5 days.

1 Like