Corrupted Save File

I know, it’s truly a very bad system currently. Should you decide to start over, consider some form of backup solution. You can take a look at this thread for some ideas.

**Pc**

**none** 

**client**

**Velkiry** 

**lost save**

Its been a while that i made a review for a issue of my friend about, when loging off the game all save file vanish. The progression turn back to zero, we find a small a solution for his loot, he give it to me so I put it in the safe and give him back for the next day.
But after the crash of the game (forcing him to start every thing to Zero) enough is enough.
It has been said fix, clearly no, it hasn't. While the game can be a lot of fun, it became a pain in the ass.
The cloud is not the issue, steam also, the file is ok it has been reinstalled 2 time. So what next?

Power cut out and lost my entire save file. Because of this I have lost all interest in playing the game more and buying the DLC, I mean how hard is it to make backup save files that auto delete themselves after 5 and 10 minutes?? I have seen this has been a problem for over a year but this seems like such an easy fix I don’t understand why it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Please Please Please fix this cuz I loved this game and want to play it more but not if I am gonna lose everything

Merged all relevant topics about this issue.

//Mod

You sure it was a power outage? I just had the game reboot my PC and corrupt a save with 44h of progress.

Platform:
PC

Description:
Game crashed the PC in a “single player” session, corrupting the save file in the process.

Steps To Reproduce:

1. Launched the game as usual and loaded my save game.
  2. I’ve started in Boo, went North West to explore a farmhouse with a side mission.
  3. Finished the side mission, unlocked a safe house in a destroyed shack.
  4. Now I can’t remember, but I either went towards the Shvadern or the Hermelinen bunker (haven’t visited these yet).
  5. I looted the locked building in front of the bunker entrance.
  6. Left the building, made a few steps towards the bunker entrance.
  7. My PC crashed and rebooted.
  8. I relaunch the game, save corrupted.

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
Only myself.

Specifications:
Processor -> Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHZ
RAM -> 16GB
System -> Windows 10 64-Bit
GPU -> NVidia 1070

The Swedish national day event promised a KVM59 we lost when our savegames got franked up (thank you devs). And the conclusion is - an overall frustration.
This game is seriously broken - AI is broken, difficulty is broken, drop rate is bro… not it’s not broken, it’s a bad joke.
So it feels now it’s time to put this game aside and hope a future update will fix it.
If there will be a future update because it feels more and more that devs are focusing on next title. I hope we are wrong.

Even better moral of the story: use UPS with your PC

Oh yeah, and when W10 just hangs, so what? This is just an excuse for devs’ inability to develop a proper game saving system. I don’t know any other game with similar problems.

No promises were made. Instead, a chance to get one was given.

Ok ok ok, we read and understood. I meant promised in this context, BUT - they surely promise a fun, right? Not a frustration.

Le me explain one thing - I am seasonal player, I played everything from AAA’s to utter crap and I can accept some bugs or inconsistencies. BUT, GZ is a game which locked many occasional player because of the scenery and what it promised. And it worked like that.
But know, what I can hear, are occasional players who believe that devs gave up this game because their manager transferred them to next title.
That there will be no update.
That these PRIO 1 bugs which should be fixed within one week are not fixed after 7 weeks.
And instead we got a fluffy event where every single enemy was OP no matter which difficulty was chosen and killed us from 1km with ONE-SHOT… on level 27… It DID NOT happen before :frowning:

I still have faith.

Oh yeah, and when W10 just hangs, so what? This is just an excuse for devs’ inability to develop a proper game saving system. I don’t know any other game with similar problems.

And BTW - we lost our savegames when GZ hang, not even W10. PC is memtested and i never hangs no matter what we play or do. So devs should really fix this since they don’t have any tool which would allow us to repair the files. And when we created a bug report, there was no response.

The one single problem with backups (the ones created by the game) is that they are created in the exact same instance as the main save file, so if our game closes abruptly then we are stuck with corrupted main file and backup.

A solution would be to create backup few seconds after the main save was made.

1 Like

Merged posts to relevant topic.

//Mod

Exactly this. They could even have several backup files going, like the script I made, to make it safer. I’m rather sad to see this issue is still around :frowning:

A tool that automatically creates backups and can be used to restore after main save file got corrupted:

1 Like

I just had the game restart my PC again, this time I didn’t lose any progress.

I’ve had a bunch of applications such as Discord, Spotify and Steam running in the background as well as Firefox with quite a few tabs and a few youtube videos I was going to watch later (one was open, but paused on my second monitor). I’ve played the game like that for about an hour and I guess the system ran out of memory. The last time I had this happen, it also occurred under similar circumstances.

Before anyone complains about too many things open - I always have it like that and GZ is the only game that seems to be having issues, assuming that’s the cause.

Does it make multiple save files or just keep overwriting the same file location I designate every 10min if that’s the time I set if to check and backup my game file.

This is still an issue. First time after an hour of play. Second after 15 minutes. Can the developers please make the game playable and not just creat more paid DLC?

The game has now crashed twice on me. I bought it on Steam yesterday. Each time it crashes, it corrupts the save and I have to start the whole game over. This game is currently unplayable because of this problem.

Intel i7-3970X
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
Windows 10

All drivers and software up to date.

Threads merged about the same issue. In the future, please refrain from posting in two places at once.

//Mod

So after 450 hours of gameplay, GZ completely corrupted my savegame including the backup.
To put it short, I simply think this is unacceptable. There is a file backup, and I have Steam Cloud sync enabled - that should be 4 savefile copies, of which AT LEAST 2 should be non-corrupted.
So I’m taking a break and playing some other games.

Laters. :expressionless:

Merged topics.

//Mod

I’ve been away from the game for a while and decided to come back and play the DLC.
Imagine my surprise when I get told that my save file is corrupted. 50 odd hours wasted.

Is there ANY way that my save file is still stored somewhere?