Dark Skies Update Discussion Thread

Like an “usb-port”, for example. “Interface” could have been used, too.

1 Like

In German they also use the word “an” instead of “in” in English. If they had said “on a FNIX port”, I wouldn’t have put on the wrong (thinking) path. :joy:

I guess being a computer geek that I interpreted “port” as interface when seeing FNIX port. This never even occurred to me that it could have meant “harbour”. But I can definitely understand the confusion.

Usb-port? What is that? Haha… :stuck_out_tongue: :coffee:

I did while finishing the “Death from Above” missions

I have them now, too.

Missed the one at the soviet antenna yesterday.
It was dark an a wrecked lynx lay on it. :sweat_smile:

I only got the one schematic so far. Will have to trod my way to Hagaboda and look for the other two.

Is there a secret besides shooting the jets out? I’ve dumped almost a thousand armor piercing rounds from a 6 crown Kvm 59 and nothing. I was able to shoot one down with a 6 crown M49 but it took almost 20 shells. The only thing that seems to work the fastest is the 6 crown pvg 90 AP. Unless I’m doing something wrong, the copper is harder to make, so making AP rounds is tough. I’m not real sure I like this new update. It could have been so much better

I’m not gonna lie you probably we’re hitting it with the kvm. It only took like 5 magazines of ap ammo to take it down with the AI-76. I know the pvg is easy but I don’t use it cause it feels like cheating.

Experimental AG-4 with shock ammo takes them down in a hurry. I find shooting small bursts into each consecutive engine so that the electricity arcs across them to cause damage over time helps speed things along. That along with the experimental .50 cal + explosive ammo.

Although I’m kind of GZ-rich atm it would seem. So not everyone will have access to that. The best I could say is to get good with the .50 and target engines.

They’re not easy by any means, but that makes them easier to kill.

Idk what happened. I logged off while checking something. When I logged back in, I took 3 down within a minute with the kvm 59. I was getting lightning bouncing between 2 of them. Lol all I got out of all 4 of the one’s I’ve dropped that is any good are 5 crown 2x dot scopes. I have yet to get any skins from anything, and I am just running around the map. I started in Archipelago, and I’ve walked to the crater. I’m also doing FMTEL to see if I can get copper that way

Is it just me or is there no way to see what skins you’ve picked up or what skin goes with what weapon?

When you get a drop it’s a case of going through every weapon in your inventory to see if it goes on a weapon you have, and / or a trip to the Plundra to do the same.

Surely it would make sense for them to be listed under the attachments in your inventory since that’s how they’re applied.

Yes, I know there’s a graphic showing them posted on social media but it’s not very helpful for your average player. It seems a bit of an oversight it not telling you what weapon the skin is for when you pick it up.

That’s definitely something that could be added in the future, indeed. I agree, for convenience’s sake.

1 Like

Not that its a bug or something too much important.
But until today I thought the Firebird was a Fnix machine and not Soviet.
Would make more sense in a story context if it was a Fnix machine, i Know its asking too much but it would be good to see a Fnix airborne machine as a response and adaptation from Fnix to the Soviet new toy. :open_mouth:
Either that or a spider look alike anti-aircraft and anti-personel machine :sweat_smile: :spider:

Motorbikes are great! lots of fun! Consider adding a place for a rider that can shoot their weapons.

Been having fun knocking them down. Not to hard. Over the cities they are easy to find. But over the forest… that is another thing. They just blend in to good on the ground or they are disappearing before I get to them. Looting is ok but not super… so far that is. Maybe all the good stuff is on the downed ones in the forest. :smiley:

I limit myself to 3 weapons - AG-4, .50, rocker launcher. There’s nothing I can’t do or take down with those 3.

Any AP ammo I get that isn’t 7.62 or .50 I recycle immediately for the copper. That way I can keep myself supplied with copper for the ammo types I do need.

I also seem to consistently have a ridiculous drop rate of 7.62 AP. Despite that being my main ammo type, I collect far more than I can use. Instead of trading, I recycle the surplus, also for the copper.

I see all kinds of videos where people are getting tons of great loot from the Firebirds. Even today’s stream, @Avalanche_Pontus commented they have great loot, and he was most definitely getting good stuff.

So far, I’ve taken down at least a dozen or more in the last couple of days, and I’ve yet to get anything but trash tier loot out of them. The only good thing I got so far was a moped. I’m better off killing stuff on the ground as that gives me far better loot it would seem.

Happy to hear about your experiences with the update so far! Seems most of you are happy with the update :partying_face:

5 Likes

As far as free updates go, it’s excellent all around. Death From Above was an excellent mission that added a nice bit to the story, but it was so short. It just left us wanting more.

I do hope we get updates / DLC with significantly more missions and story content in the not too distant future. There’s a lot to love about GZ, but for me, the unique story is what I find the best about it. And it deserves to be continued.

1 Like

Btw, the third weapon at Recon camp can now be taken. It is fixed.