Dead machines flying away (version 2)

**Platform:**PC

Description: Hunters still flying away after death. After the fix. Host and client saw it.

Steps To Reproduce: Kill a hunter in multiplayer and watch it.

Images / Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmnHrABhRMg&feature=youtu.be

Host or Client: Client

**Players in your game:**4

Specifications:
CPU: R5 1400
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
Ram: 8gb 2400mhz
Storage: 1tb seagate SSD.

My chin is still hurting after I saw this Mark, I was genuinely considering the idea that the console release would be problem free - but you have flagged, yet another issue that has not been dealt with properly at the source.

PATCH RELEASE NOTES - 1ST LINE

Machines

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where Machine corpses were floating away or levitating

Now not only do I have my own in game issues to address after the update, but the whole release notes are now questionable.

1 Like

I don’t think this completely throws out the fixes. This was one sighting out of hours of playtime. Before people were seeing it left and right, while yes this is bad, it is not as bad as before. it is quite possible they did do tests on the patch and found no issue. But the patch made it more rare. much more rare, and it slipped through. And i did as they said and reported it. It much less of a problem now, ass that game we have had to of killed at least 50 hunters, and that happened once.

I suppose time ( again ) will tell the outcome of this one.

Good shout on getting it here though.

Yeah man hopefully this is a rare occurence in multiplayer. I am sad that it was not completely fixed, but at least i got it recorded, and reported.

2 Likes

Weird that it’s still happening. I played MP with a friend not too long ago (after FNIX Rising) and we killed enormous amounts of Hunters and we never saw them floating away like they used to.

I did however spot the Hunters spawned by the Harvesters despawn very quickly, probably due to sheer amount of Hunter corpses on the ground already. Could be the game trying to clean up to save memory.
Still doesn’t explain what you describe in your report though, so it’s good to know it’s still an issue (albeit a rare one) that needs further looking into.

Corrected topic title to better tie it to the initial Disappearing Dead Robots-Flying Away? topic.

//Mod

found another instance. Everything is the same except. I am now the host, and only two players are in. And this time only the host sees it.

Do not mind the voice i was doing, me and my friend were screwing around.

There it goes… Can you confirm if it was a Hunter “reinforcement” spawned by a Harvester? I’ve seen them doing weird things so I’m wondering if it matches up.

Picked up a mission online multiplayer last night…destroy 5 machines within a mission. Mopped them all up to watch them all fly away

i think it was a harvester called bot.

Platform:

• Xbox Series X

Description:

• While playing last night we found that the “floating hunters” bug had returned. We had a rather large battle at Lilla Hammarnäs, during which the hunter bodies almost immediately started flying away after being killed.

Host or Client:

• Host (but all players could see it)

Players in your game:

Video:

Note: Apologies for the darkness of the clip. It appears there’s an issue uploading 4K HDR clips on Series X. :-/

1 Like

Believe it’s the same on PC too. My thought was that the last ones missing just had de-spawn before I got a chance to loot them but a friend see them flying up in space when we do co-op.

1 Like

Not just xbox. It has been back for a while now. Just extremely rare on pc.

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Yesterday one hunter took to the skies when it died. It was around the windmills. Only one of the four flew away. They came running in as soon as we were done with the tanks so I believe it was a patrol. Not a harvester spawn.

Hey,

The next time you see it, could you please share a video?

I believe this may have something to do with collision physics. Every time we kill a group of Hunters, at least one of them throw itself few meters away some time after it was killed.

Not seen a flying one since they fixed it. Playing on PC.