Discussing explosives

Yep - got around 5000 7.62 and around 600 .50 rounds, 20 advanced medkits (and whatever is in my loot), and sticky flares to escape tricky situations. Lockpicks are for noobs - I unlocked every single door in the game (even those additional three doors of the munitions storage sheds) :upside_down_face:

Are you calling me a noob since all my 4x chars have 20 lockpicks always in their inventory? :thinking:

1 Like

Since Fallout 1, in every game I have hoarder as much lock picks as possible and this game ain’t an exception to that rule even if I would not need them anymore.

I know exactly how you feel - got 100 in my Plundra. :grin:
Also in Fallout 3, NV, 4, Skyrim, Dying Light. But there’s more to unlock, so it’s not as easy to ‘finish’ this task…

I always carry with me 4-6 land mines and 5 hand grenades,1000 7,62 ammo,good ol’ AG4 (5*),3 adrenaline shots,20 advanced medkits,radios and flares)))using all the time for organizing ambushes and cover escape.Really surprised why C4 remote explosive and handmade bombs still not added to the game :thinking:

1 Like

So how do you unlock those doors then?

I already did - that’s the point. I collected all lockpicks I could find, and whenever I found any locked shed or safe, I opened it, even if I knew it was empty or had other entrances unlocked already. And since the locks do not relock after a certain time, I do not need to carry any lockpicks any more. There are no more locks to pick in my game as far as I can tell. I still got a ‘backup’ set of them in my Plundra, to prepare for the unlikely event of finding another locked door, but I haven’t found anything for thirty hours or so.

1 Like

And my point of carrying 20 with me at all times is because sometimes i join random MP games and when host doesn’t have lockpicking skill, i can open the small and medium ammo storages for him/her.
Though, in my own solo game, i too have all locked doors unlocked.

No one’s stopping you - that’s a good reason to carry them. You got me to think though - would be kinda neat if there were some random rare ‘lootboxes’ that spawned all over the map that required a lockpick to open. Maybe with decent accessories or clothes?

1 Like

This has been implemented on smaller scale in the game already and chances are good that more of it comes as well.

When Archipelago got it’s 2nd POI overhaul, many houses in Salthamn got locked doors with good loot behind them. My revisit to Archipelago used 10 or so lockipicks to gain access to all that loot.

However, saying that: “Lockpicks are for noobs” isn’t nice at all.

I was hoping the :upside_down_face: would make it at least a little apparent that this statement wasn’t to be taken all that serious…

As for the ‘lootboxes’ - I kinda had that feeling when I reached the ‘mainland’ that the buildings’ arrangement and decoration were less intricate than in the Salthamm area. Do you think this’ll be extended to the other regions as well?

Yes.

June '20 update brought some overhaul to South Coast and Farmlands regions. And devs do plan to overhaul all base game regions.

I think we need a topic on this as to not hijack this one @Aesyle is there already one? or do we need to create one?

Aha, you mean it that way, well yeah if all doors are open, you do not need lockpicks. I thought you had alternative means to open closed doors without lockpicks. That would have been interesting to know. :nerd_face:

Topic where to share and discuss new or modified POIs?

Yes, there is a topic about it already: New added locations
That topic contains many new POIs in Archipelago region after it’s 2nd overhaul. Adding new Farmlands and South Coast POIs in there is a good fit.

There is also an another topic which is about any interesting location you come across (both old and new): Interesting locations

Staying on topic - explosives - So I finally got to try out the experimental pump shotgun, which explodes, right? Well that thing sucked! Do any of you like that thing? And can you explain to me how you make good use of it?

Different ammo range of the 6* 12G shotty is:
5m - slug
20m - buck
50m - bird

So, it is close-range weapon. If you see flechettes exploding in the air, you need to get closer. Once you see flechettes landing on target, you’re within range.

A lot of players like to use birdshot for extended range but that produces more, lesser damage flechettes than buckshot. I’ve found good use for buckshot, especially when firing at harv at close range since individual flechettes of buckshot deal more damage than when using birdshot and still damage several harv components at once.

The flechette rifle is rather weak with either ammo - it works well enough (with birdshot) in close range against runners and seekers, but it doesn’t do much against hunters and up. It is a nice ‘getting-back-at-ya’ gun to pelt some hunters after they flechetted the hell out of you tho. Kinda like ‘karmic retribution’ or something along those lines. :rage:

Experimental 12G pump-action shotgun isn’t flechette rifle. It is a shotgun firing flechette rounds. Basically the same as FNIX hunter’s Explosive Flechette weapon but much smaller in scale and considerably shorter range.

Experimental 12G shotty is one of the very few weapons in game that can damage several machine components at once (others being m/49 with HE rounds, experimental KVM 59 and both melee weapons) and if you play into it’s advantage, it is a good weapon.
I’ve tested the experimental 12G shotty quite a bit and for me, it’s very good against harvs, especially with buckshot ammo. Though, it’s main disadvantage is short range but shotguns are short range weapons.

Yep, that’s what I was getting at. The ‘retribution’ to their spamming the player with darts, at least in the April update.

I used it for a while, and it’s definitely a nice gun. I think it’s my second most favorite of the exp models, directly after the PVG (To note: I didn’t get the KVM59 yet). It just didn’t have the range needed to effectively attack enemies without getting killed during the April update. I didn’t use the exp AG4 much due to its smallish mag size, the exp m/49 has a very narrow use case, the exp Kpist feels useless and while I love the exp Klaucke aesthetics, it presumably triggered its EMP effect about five times since I equipped it (afaik).

1 Like