Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

Yeah we got disappearing robots all day yesterday in Mp. Missed out on a lot of ammo . We got in some pretty big battles. Tanks and hunters were all over the marshland region.

The fact that the PC fix worked gives me hope that when they get around to giving this to the 2nd class citizens on console I will once again be able to play this game I love so much.
SPP

2 Likes

It seems that the PC patch worked for me and brought the game back to it’s previous state. No more crashes during or after combat and Rivals spawn in like mad… :flushed:

Played a few sessions up to 3 hours and keep my fingers crossed…

P.S.: on a sidenote, got an issue with a ghost sound again (APO Tank noises after fast travel) and had two runners entering one of those wooden ski lodges through open doors. Well actually they jumped in during their melee attack, but it was very… err… surprising… :laughing:

Oh yes there has been zero change on the machines in the houses. Even the safehouses are not in any way safe!

I still get a lot of crashes, too, just not immediately after battles anymore.

2 Likes

Loaded the game up just now because I miss playing it so very much…1st Battle crashed to the home screen. I did a report to MS then went back into the game rinse & repeat…Has anyone not on PC read anything that will give us on console even a bit of hope that relief will come before the end of the month?
SPP

1 Like

The update for consoles may not be Avalanche fault but instead Sony and Microsoft fault.

In one of the other topics, RimBlock explained possible reason why it is so,
link: Thank you devs for the hotfix today!

Have you tried playing online, I can’t kill anything offline playing by my self, but if a find a low level player online it’s okey, played for 3 hours last night and the game only crashed only 17s times, that’s pretty god for this game, sure is it’s not perfect but at least I did manage to play a little bit.

1 Like

I can confirm that my game still crashes when fighting Tanks that have their weapons removed.

2 Likes

I always play online solo…
SPP

I can also confirm @Zesiir on ps4 pro :pray: Since the Two crashes 14 days ago , there has been not a ‘’ Single ! :eyes: ‘’ crash solo and multiplayer ’ me Host ’ . :+1: and i have 36 Rivals walking around the map all born Crash Free !!! . Although many frame drops and other little bugs i am happy to give a good report :+1: Aye good times , cheers

Seems PC crashes are not completely gone.

Playing over the weekend, after some time my son fell through the map and then had the constant respawning and falling through the map issue. He managed to fast travel which fixed it for a short while and then was falling through the map again.

A few moments later my game crashed (host) and after restarting in solo (my son had given up for the night), my game crashed again after about 15 minutes.

I have played since and it seemed stable though so a multiplayer corruption issue maybe and some cache files having a problem possibly…

Not much help for our console friends but you are not totally alone :grin:.

Gave it another shot today and after about an hour it crashed (error code 11 as usual)

Got pinned in the last church before the main island by 1 Runner, 3 Hunters, 1 Harvester and 1 Tank. Killed everything except Harvester and Tank, ran through the church to find a good shooting position and the game crashed. Didn’t notice anything that could have caused it.

System was re-installed about a year ago, nothing running in the background, plenty of free memory, no overclocking, no heat issues … it’s a well running PC and while it’s not the most recent hardware it can take everything I throw at it. Not that it matters since even console players are having this issue.

Oh, and I love how enemies will stand in front of doorways to take hits, how they will hug the nearest wall to the player and how they get stuck on terrain. Nothing changed here.
And I almost laughed out loud when I lockpicked a double door and the second door was still locked. How does that work?

I think it’s understandable why I lost faith in this game and the devs behind it.

Just for fun I’m gonna run GZ again and go AFK for an hour or so. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the game crashes without doing anything?

2 Likes

It does and always has for me. I can crouch in a safehouse or even put it on pause mode and it will eventually crash. The game world continues to “live” even during pause so that’s how I established long ago that there are crashes that are not due to any user involvement but related to the weather/day&night cycle/machine movement/etc.

i’ve been playing the game for two months now and i’ve noticed that most of the time, the game crashing randomly for no exact reason, now I don’t mean to criticize the development team, as i think there working on it now but incase they aren’t, i’m making a post to spread the attention to the development team at apex and avalanche studios.

1 Like

Apex isn’t a company, it’s the game engine Generation Zero runs on.

And feel free to criticize.
The problem was known even before release when the game was still in early access. I spent hours trying to help and the problem was either ignored or denied. I wanted to help fixing the game and look where we are now.

9 months after release, paid DLC and the game still isn’t playable, not even on consoles. This is completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

My game is unplayable.The moment i kill one machine it crashes.I reinstalled it and now all my safe houses are missing.The game wont let me go past the salhtiham bridge.Message pops up and reads "you are leavig the streaming area "im stuck on the first part of the map

2 Likes

@Cheesewheel Criticism is fine. But you are not helping by acting negative in this thread.

@JerseyHitmen53 The devs are aware of the crashing issues, especially on consoles, and a fix will be coming with the upcoming update. What we don’t need is more cross-posting about these issues so please keep that to a minimum.

3 Likes

So it’s been a few days and hardly anybody has mention crashes so does that mean the fix for pc users has worked?
And have they implemented the console fix on the quiet because the game hasn’t crashed for me in 3 days( it feels like the old days when the game first came out)?

Yes, the ”rivalcrash” is gone on pc. So far, so good…

I still get random crashes on pc but I do believe the crashing involving the rivals has been fixed.