Extremely choppy game, despite high FPS

The game is extremely choppy, to the point where it is almost impossible to play.

I tried setting all graphics settings to the absolute minimum, but it made very little difference. Something else (not gfx) is eating CPU cycles like crazy.

(( i5, 8GB, gtx-1060 ))

Also unfortunately having this issue running some decently beefy AMD hardware, tried setting the settings to the bare minimum with little to no change what-so-ever. Menu is totally fine with it being very smooth, however in game you might be able to walk for five seconds before the visuals lock up for ten.

Platform: PC

Steps To Reproduce: Whenever game is played

Images / Videos: N/A

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Myself

Specifications: Constant frame lock-up

This sounds like an issue… It runs really smoothly for me. Please follow the correct format. Please follow this format READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report and then post here https://forum.generationzero.com/c/bug-reports . Sorry to hear that you’re having such an unpleasant experience, let’s get this fixed ASAP for you!

Well same here
Maxing out the CPU even in lobby.
No diffrence turnning all graphics to low.
Did not experience this during the Beta.

Platform:
PC

Steps To Reproduce
Start Game

Host or Client
Both

Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.190305-1700)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Display Memory: 4095 MB

I made a report elsewhere but I’m experiencing similar. AMD FX processor and a Geforce GTX970, Win7 updated, and 64 Gig of Ram.

60 FPS for a few seconds and then the image of on the screen freezes for a second or three and then continues at 60 FPS. It’s not video card overload.

i’m having the same problem.

i got a geforce gtx 1060 6gb. core i5.

the game is freezing all the time…so sad…i tryed chage the setup configuration like u, and didnt work as well…

i dont know what to do anymore…

After looking through different reports it appears that most people having an (older?) Intel Core i5 processor experience problems with bad framerate or choppy gameplay. All of them had decent GPUs like GTX 1060 and up.

I also made a ticket about it here: [PC] Lagspikes while playing

My computer specifications:
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
RAM: 16 GB, 2133 MHz
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 Skylake (Quad Core, 3.2 GHz)
GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC (8 GB)
Graphics Driver: Radeon Adrenalin 19.1.1 (latest recommended as of this writing)
Monitors: 1
HDD: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX-60M2NA0 (1 TB, 7200 RPM)

Everyone with this problem has Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64-bit)