FALL DAMAGE fix it

If you upgrade your run speed skill to the max then beware of staircases.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty broke right now.

1 Like

ROFL!!!
I had that, few times.
Kill 25 machines with no death?
Easy.
Sprint down stair case… dead…

Hilarious.

2 Likes

I think part of the problem is that the drop is worked out from the change in height from the start of the rag doll time to the end. So rolling slowly down a gentle incline looks like you fell off a cliff :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: So true hahahaha

1 Like

One time I did that sniper mission, where you climb that drill tower to get to the rifle and kill machines below?
Now, I sprinted up those stairs, suddenly a tick jumped me.
Not sure why I did not hear it, probably too focused on the stairs…
Saw it coming at me, I jumped aside and… fell the whole way down.

Now here’s what I do not get: remember them stairs?
Deadly, eh?
Now that fall?
I survived it.
Landed on my feet with minor injury…
And it was a LONG way down.

Go figure.

Minor Superman syndrome? XD

1 Like

I fell off thelighthouse and smoked the ground and it forced my player into a glitched form. It was the animation of needing an adrenaline shot but I had 37 health left and able to fire my MP5. :joy::joy::joy: I was in tears laughing.

1 Like

It is certainly a strange phenomena, this falling damage.
It’s OK, really, what buggers me is the fact that the mainland machines just can’t kill me, where ‘friendly’ stairs do.
Weird, where deaths are caused by ‘friendly fire’ (not even joking, I died a few times from guys taking on a machine with exposives (rockets, nades, …) where the explosions killed me as well).

Have you tried running down a real flight of stairs? I wouldn’t recommend it.

1 Like

@Flick
I’m ex-military, 1st Lt, Belgian Para’s, Marche Les Dames.
Did that, often, yes…
Never missed a single step.
:wink:

If you’re taking stairs the same way you sprint you must have a special relationship with gravity. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Flick
Naaaaah, keen senses (back then) and good reaction time.
It’s needed in case of emergency, you do not always have the time to walk a stair case.
Imagine a grenade behind you, what do you do, walk, or…
It’s one of those things I trained in, who knows, there might have been a war soon, somewhere…
And I trained “my men” as well in this.

Another thing I tought them was how to roll down a flight of stairs, in case you DID miss a step.
Always good to be prepared.

I posted this a while ago. I feel the gravity in this game is too low, or we are too light.

Although you can work around stairs if you start springing only after being on the decline.

1 Like

found it

check out the difference in damage taken and tell me it makes any sense
0:36 Lighthouse jump- 6
2:12 run down a hill - 11
2:27- really big jump- 3

2 Likes

More than one year later and for me it is still an annoying problem. Unfortunately, the mods fixing this no longer work with the latest version.

I’ve kinda come to love the unpredictable fall damage. Adds kinda another danger to the game: Yourself!

HIGHLY AGREE!!! Fall damage is stupid in this game

Yes, more than a year later but now, we have shoes schematic that we can use to craft Fall Resistance bonus to the shoes, lessening any damage taken from falling from great heights.

Also, do not talk about game modding in here.

I see something else that is stupid. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So that means if I run down a stair to fast, I no longer die? :sweat_smile:
From what I saw these shoes do a max. of 8% less fall damage, right?

No.

It goes like so, depending on what level of schematic (schem) you craft:

1* schem = 4% Fall Resistance
2* schem = 8% Fall Resistance
3* schem = 12% Fall Resistance
4* schem = 16% Fall Resistance
5* schem = 20% Fall Resistance

The 1* and 2* schems have known spawn points in the world. 3*, 4* and 5* schems drop from Rivals. Also, you need to craft lower quality schem before you are able to craft one quality tier up. E.g to craft 4* schem, you need to craft 1*, then 2*, then 3* and only then, you can craft 4* schem bonus.

So, if you do have all 5x Fall Resistance schems, and crafting resources to craft them all, you can get up to 20% fall resistance, which is quite a lot.

E.g screen of 3* schem:

3 Likes