February 2021 Update - Patch Notes

Welcome to 2021 and our first update for the year! This update is mainly focused on introducing our new player account system - Avalanche Apex Connect - as well as some world revamp work and quality of life fixes after the December update. Check out the details below so you can learn more about what we’ve done!

As always, we look forward to your feedback so let us know once you jump in and give things a try!

Additions & Improvements

Avalanche Apex Connect
We have a player account system that we’re rolling out that is completely optional to your experience. Specifically, we have 3 different ways in which you can interact with this system:

Opting Out - Having an Avalanche Apex Connect account is not required to play Generation Zero, but you won’t be able to utilize Assignments
Limited Account - With a Limited Account, you’ll be able to access our new Assignments system and are not required to provide an email address. Engaging with the Assignments system requires you to be online.
Full Account - A Full Account grants you access to the Assignments system and gives you our new Cyberpunk outfit. You will need to be logged in / online to keep access to both of these. With this account we do ask for your email address, so we can verify you as a player and contact you later with game news and other potential benefits down the road.

Assignments
Assignments are repeatable missions that refresh periodically so you can earn rewards - like ammo, crafting materials, etc. This is another way for you to get resources while you play! Again, this does require you to be online, however, as this system is driven by our backend services.

Your feedback on what works well, what doesn’t, and what you’d like to see will directly impact where we take this in the future - so do let us know!

Save Game Backup Improvements
In an effort to improve how we handle game saves, particularly when things go bad and your save game gets corrupted, we have changed the flow of game saves.

Previously the game would save to the backup continuously while playing, e.g. when fast traveling or changing something in the inventory, etc. Of note, the game would save to the backup even if the main save data had become corrupted.

Now the game will only save to the backup on booting the game when the main save is successfully loaded. And as described above, if the main save can’t be loaded and has become corrupted, the backup save will be loaded instead.

We hope this change improves the likelihood that you’ll be able to recover from a bad save, even if it means you may lose a bit of playtime. Please let us know if you continue to encounter problems so that we can keep looking for ways to improve the system!

Farmlands Region Update
Our continued efforts to revamp the game world have moved into the North Eastern part of the Farmlands region. Just like in the past, we’ve given the area a facelift and made it look more lived in to help provide that sense of a fuller, more robust world.

That said, just general updates don’t do it justice. There are some rather interesting things to take note of in this area. As we look towards what else may be happening in Östertörn, this region of the map holds some clues to provide more of that world context.

Bug Fixes

Animation, Art, & Audio

• Fixed an issue where you could fire the N9 while it was spinning
  • Fixed an issue where the lighting on the one crown variant of the N16 in the inventory was especially harsh
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes water waves could be heard inside apartments that were not near water
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes rain sounds could be heard inside the Överby Airbase
  • Fixed several LOD and object flickering issues

Crashes

• Fixed an issue where the game host would sometimes crash after a friend joins them via the in-game friends list
  • General improvements to stability

Machines

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where defeated machines could sometimes “revive” with negative health after a player fast-traveled away, and back to, an area
  • Fixed an issue where the Harvester drop pods were not showing when reinforcements were called in
  • Fixed an issue where the Reaper could be stunned during its thermobaric attack
  • Fixed an issue where the Reaper could sometimes perform 2 thermobaric attacks back-to-back
  • Fixed an issue where some machines would not patrol like they were supposed to

Missions

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the truck in the main mission “Clearing the Path” could become invisible and non-interactable
  • [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the ammo crates in the side mission “Fuel to the Fire” would not appear if a player died before looting them
  • Fixed an issue where players have been unable to complete the FNIX Rising mission “Good Night” due to the Rival not dropping the vision module

UI

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where map icons for previously discovered areas had disappeared
  • [Community Report] Fixed an issue where after placing a weapon with attachments into your storage, when removing the item the attachments would appear to be attached but they were not
  • Fixed an issue where the interaction prompt for the bicycle station near side mission “Face of Adversity” was offset
  • Fixed an issue where the Hazard suit gas mask was not providing the gas mask UI overlay

Weapons

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the gun would become offset to the left when aiming down sights on the .44 Magnus Revolver
  • [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the world became blurry when aiming down the sights of the Experimental PVG 90
  • Fixed an issue where the N16 had overly strong recoil when using the 1-4x rifle scope
  • Fixed an issue where part of the slide of the N9 did not slide backward
  • Fixed an issue where the iron sights for the N16 were misplaced
  • Fixed an issue where the muzzle flash from the N60 was too high with the silencer equipped
  • Improved the N16 to sound a bit beefier

World

• Fixed an issue where placeholder medkits assets appeared in-game
  • Fixed an issue where there was too much smoke in a house at the Guteby Farm
  • Fixed an issue where two locations had the same name - now updated so that the Airport in the Forest Region remains “Anl 129 Viggohem” and the safe house in the Farmlands is now “Anl 144 Vidsele”
  • Fixed a few instances of players getting stuck on objects
  • Fixed several issues of terrain and objects clipping through other objects
  • Fixed several issues of floating objects
  • Fixed several visual holes in the world
  • Fixed several instances of excess, or missing collision

General

• [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the Achievement / Trophy “Running Wild” wasn’t always correctly counting cars that a player destroyed

Known Issues
We’re highlighting a few issues below that we know are pain points so that you know we are investigating them. There are definitely more than are listed here that we’re looking into.

• While we fixed an issue for some machines not patrolling, this still happens for the Harvester
  • If another player who does not own the U.S. Weapons Pack DLC picks up one of the weapons dropped by someone who owns the DLC, the weapon will disappear for both players
  • The DLC icon for the U.S. Weapons Pack is not appearing on all quality levels of the weapons, only the initial items you receive
  • The “Distance Traveled” statistic is not properly tracking distance traveled
  • Players will get stuck in a room when fast traveling/spawning into the Påskallaholm Safehouse
  • Rivals sometimes die / disappear without any player interaction
  • The drop rate for US Weapons Pack weapons is lower than desired, being tweaked in the future
5 Likes

This looks nice and dandy but what about the sorting issue in the Plundra?

4 Likes

Tough break

5 Likes

Hm nice but not what i wanted to read. No inventary sorting option, no mouse sensivity fix while ADS and no fix about ignored input commands from the player. :confused:
PS: I have to say that the change of the backup override is very promessing. Thank you for that.

I am a little bummed out by the way you guys implemented repeatable activites, but still better than nothing. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If the save issues have been solved, then it´s been worth it the sacrifice of not fixing other things.
But only tomorrow the results can be seen.
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

Edit: has not been solved :-1: :disappointed:

I’m confused. How to we connect our Gen Zero account to Avalanche Apex Connect? I have the accou ts for both but no option to connect them.

1 Like

Thanks for all the work you have done. :+1:

2 Likes

You can do that ingame after the patch!

1 Like

How do we link are Xbox accounts to the apex site

_oops

Hi
I have both pc and PS4 version of game, the update was just hanging on steam saying 100% unpacking, have not been able to get it off that so have had to try re downloading entire game!
Am hoping that works, PS4 worked !
Thankfully PC now working :+1::+1::+1:

I linked account did seeker mission!!
:+1::+1:

Ronnhalla emergency shelter found tasks !!!

I still have save issues, the update did nothing.
My game keeps crashing when i attempt to go to Ronnhalla emergency shelter.
I never used any kind of exploit or 3rd party software, but because of one of the last updates my save game has been corrupted to the point that a good part of Himfjall island just crashes my game.
Will this ever be fixed or do i have to just begin a new game?
It´s not my fault an update corrupted my save file.

Thanks for the update as always @Avalanche_Pontus. Update done, daily & weekly missions done - games been flawless.

I’ll be putting highlights together for future content. Oh, and thank you for the faster counter slider - spot on :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

I’ve not heard anyone else mention it so far but I found two Semla in the farmlands today. Have they made an unannounced return or is it a bug/glitch?

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The semla returns

Well… I really wanted to make a full account, but i do not receive that mail to confirm my account. So please get that issue sorted that the process doesn’t accept any given mail adress. That’s somewhat ridiculous as it is a side adress of my gmx account.

And I’m of the opinion that it has to be my choice what adress I want to use for that, so I’ll definitely won’t use my gmail adress for that nor some of my other adresses which I reserved for more serious purposes than opting in for some game extras…

Hey! Check out the support page for Avalanche Apex Connect and you’ll find an answer to that! https://support.generationzero.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019621419-Avalanche-Apex-Connect-Frequently-Asked-Questions

1 Like