Talk about the Planes and Airports in Generation zero

They probably do when they need some inspiration.

1 Like

Yes, they do. :slightly_smiling_face:

Umm… stand in one end of the runway and in map view, put waypoint at the other end of the runway and then hover over the waypoint? (To see it’s distance from you.)

:wink: Yeah, but then you don’t know the distance in Bike units, do you?

2 Likes

Without knowing the length of a Bike, what good does that do? :smiley: However, if Bike units is something to keep you busy, how about Runner units and Tank units? :smile: Or when very bored, Tick units. :joy:

1 Like

A tick, that’s easy to see, those are 4 smiles wide.

3 Likes

Looking at the map…

There are now (again) two Anläggning Locations that have the same name. Vidsele is in South Coast too. So does that mean that there were always Five instead of Four ANLs on the map?

I wonder why they didn’t just think of a new name for the fifth one. I can’t remember if there were missions to some of these locations, that might be important.

Anl 182 Hässlehed and Åsötungan Outpost Bunker both have a plane in hangar, but they have no designation Airport on the map
The other 4 ANLs do have the designation Airport

Anl 118 Färela -2365, -2606 (ML) (airport and Safehouse + 1 plane in hangar)
Anl 129 Viggohem 288, -1289 (F) (airport + 1 plane in hangar)
Anl 144 Vidsele -297, 1283 (FL) (airport and Safehouse + 1 plane in hangar)
Anl 144 Vidsele -2685, 1788 (SC) (airport and Safehouse + 1 plane in hangar)

Anl 182 Hässlehed -1234, -1445 (FL) (safehouse + 1 plane in hangar)
Åsötungan Outpost Bunker -260, 2040 (safehouse + 1 plane in hangar)

New fix for double airport names with Feb '23 Update.

Anl 144 Vidsele -297, 1283 (FL) has now become Anl 126 Östra Mark.

1 Like

I found a new crashed plane in the Eastern Farmlands, it’s right next to a barn in a field

2 Likes

Here’s a screen of it:

1 Like

Yes that is correct, boy that field of hay bales scared the life out of me, I thought it was some sort of FNIX building project before laughing at how they were only hay bales.

1 Like

I had a high machine presence at those hay bales: 2x mil tanks (one is lvl4 rival), loads of mil hunters, several mil runners and 3 mil seekers. All guarding, what it seemed to be, one military tent with some loot boxes. :thinking:

Check out picture 8 of the crashed Vråken it’s the same plane.
Below that photo I have “view of above plane after the 2012 feb update” click that too.

Ah it is the same one except there are 2 people next to it and a barn now

1 Like

:wink: I know, I added the new picture this afernoon because I liked the change.

There are two bikes on the other side of the plane as well (when looking my screen), indicating that these two were on a bike trip and came upon that crashed fighter. They both also have a walkie-talkie, most likely indicating they were part of the resistance.

Map of F23 airbase.

There are 14 Intact Vråken on F23 Air base.
7 in the underground bunkers, and 7 in the hangars.

3 Likes

What happened to the Vråken strike fighter that crashed in the Farmlands Region south west of FOA Facility (214, -2776)? It is still showing on the map, but it is missing. ('21 Feb update) I’ll have a look around maybe some farmer moved it to the scrapyard. That would be funny if ended up there. :wink:

1 Like

vagen

Road location question for die-hard GZ-players. :nerd_face:
I’m trying to identify the locations of the roads mentioned in the Lore of “The Fallen” mission.

In the mission “The Fallen” you have to locate the Crashed Vråken Strike Fighter. The plane’s location I marked with an X on the map.

However, in the Lore, you be given the clues that it is near the roads Gunderbergsvägen or Ängnäsvägen. So do any of you have any idea as to where these two roads are located? I have numbered the most logical candidates.

I believe that the long road (3) is called Österviksleden, from the Lore clue in side-mission “Secret Cargo”.

For now I think that Gunderbergsvägen is (4) and Ängnäsvägen is (7) because they are both close to the fallen Vråken. Ängnäsvägen is most likely passing Ängnäs Church.

What do you think?

1 Like

Forest Region now also has its crashed Vråken. Very nice surprise. I hope nobody got killed!

1 Like

Well, with the May-Update, the missing Vråken is back, but not on the same spot as before. Instead it’s has moved about 200 meter more south in the same field. And on the old spot the devs introduced another Vråken. This one has the pilot lying outside and has some loot-boxes as well.

2 Likes

With the 2021 May update the switch on one of the concrete slabs is removed again. Must have been a coding error and I guess, there was never a switch intended.

2 Likes