Feedback request - Sorting items in the inventory

Now that you have had a while to work on the item sorting options (is that still ongoing???) perhaps I could also suggest an option for sorting missions by time completed, alphabetically or by region.
I found the mission logging horribly confusing and would often run around looking for mission objectives after a mission had been completed because the completion message was too subtle and easy to miss.

I surely hope the devs bring the sorting with the coming update.

Even then I think the mission shouldn’t just “unfollow”. I find it annoying to scroll through the finished missions to find the last finished one.

1 Like

A smart filter as default would be useful that matches previous selected item compability in inventory when switching between categories. This would give faster overview of what you have and decide if use, drop or save to recycle item later.

I.e. show compatible items that is specific to a weapon type first in the list and then the rest in default sorting order (item levels then alphabetically).

User Inventory action:
Inventory default sorting list.

1. Select AG-5 and switch to Attachments shows type unique items (clips), then compatible items (silencer, barrel, scopes for assault weapon type), then the rest of Attachments sorted as usual. Switch to Ammo and shows compatible items first and so on.
  2. Select assault silencer Attachment item and switch to Weapon shows compatible weapon types first.

Items with no compatibilty and don’t require switching category should be sorted by object type as default. That is all items like Health, Explosive, Lure etc. Only these items don’t sort by switching category (see comment at the end about this).

A highlight of compatible items first in the list would probably be needed to give visual feedback of that the list is sorted by previous selected item.

User Plundra action:
Here you have two Inventory lists and selecting an item I always want to see what I have in the other Inventory. Sorting and cleaning severely limited storage space is painstaking wasting time today.

Selecting an item in one Inventory should automatically sorts and highlights related items first in the other Inventory. This single implementation using Plundra would raise quality of life saving time to scrolling in lists and get back to next mission faster where the fun is.

As @SR_Carni pointed out the “Total weight of all units of an item, descending (heaviest first)” is another much needed sort order imposed by the limited storage that just takes time from gameplay.

In Call of the Wild there is a button to filter and show compatible items. I don’t think that way is optimal in Generation Zero where you have to evaluate and load/switch items in action.

@Francesco take a moment and raise the question if the items that have compatibility dependencies (weapons, ammo, attachments) really belongs in Plundra at all. A separate weapon locker with also 200kg storage would probably make more sense. User Inventory have three distinct category types where Materials already have a separate storage in Recycling Station, so why not a separate storage for all things related to weapons?

Is there any reason why weapons and attachments can’t also be stacked in the list like ammo and consumables?

I don’t know if Francesco is still with the team, but I’m wondering if maybe a quick fix for this would be to include the option in the settings in the next update, until it can be included in the inventory UI.

So, to summarize from what others have written above, you’d go into Settings > Game, then select options for “Inventory Sorting”:

• Default “Items ordered with most recent items first”
  • Alphabetical “Items are organized based on name, and then quality”
  • Total weight of all units of an item (Heaviest first)

Also, as incendito said earlier, is it possible to stack weapons and attachments in the inventory? Maybe this can be an option as well.

4 Likes

Thanks for adding this, but there is no quality sorting. Only filters that display weapons or attachments of a specific quality… and to be honest it sux.
The same goes for the attachments and “type” filter.

We need an option to sort in both Quality and Type.

On the first inventory screen sorting is unnecessary. We have there only 8 equipped items and it should be from 1 to 8.

3 Likes

I think this new inventory filter implementation is an excellent base to enhance in future updates.

I would like to add just one more request:
Add a “Reset to Default” or “Activate/Deactivate” button. It will make sense since filter have ‘exclude’ function. This will make it easy for support when players who forgot about using the filter and think all ‘excluded’ are missing :wink:

2 Likes

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but it needs work for sure.

I wish I could sort by rarity like before the update, but with everything in alphabetical order. That’d be perfect for me.

the sorting could be a bunch of little squares that you can select, opening the menu is a bit slow

1 Like

Looking forward to when you can see what Plundra stored attachments are on a stored weapon, similar to your inventory.

1 Like

If I have five identical weapons in my store can I have one box with a little number 5 in the corner. Like ammo and everything else in the game.

Maybe I’m dumb, but… How can you filter using the new mechanic? The UI is confusing me. I circled two things which I though would be buttons…

Thw filter is stuff like Chronological, which is default, and the others within the drop down as idnicated by the down arrow next to Chronological. The sorting is of what you have selected. For example one is Quality for weapons, you can sort by the quality it is such as Exceptional which is 4c.

1 Like

I just tested and understood what you meant.

Yeah… So if you select “Quality” or “Ammo type”, you can then select which filter to apply. So, I found the filter mechanic. :smiley:

THANKS, DEVS!!!

2 Likes

Sort by Quality should have a high to low, low to high option that’s list all of your items by quality.

2 Likes

I just want to know what attachment is attached to what gun for those that are stored in the Plundra.

4 Likes

Actually that could be pretty neat!
Having weapons with attachments that you’ve put in the Plundra. Show that it have attached; Muzzle, Vision Module, Mag or Scope on it.
and then have the Attachments show the weapon icon if they are attached to a Weapon too ^.~

3 Likes

Yes, just the same as in the inventory. That would be enough.

2 Likes

That is and will always be my biggest want for the plundra. The attachment icons are there but they are not in use.

Exactly. In my humble opinion the inventory is now perfect. The same for map filters.