FMTEL Assignments not tracking

Assignments appear to be bugged. Today’s were blow up 10 cars and kill 5 runners with a hunting rifle.

Because I had read somewhere about bugs I took the assignments individually rather than both at once. Blew up 10 cars, assignment completed;

Kill 5 runners with a hunting rifle. I dug out my Meusser and went hunting. Killed 7 or 8 hunters with it and the assignment didn’t complete. Does it have to be an Augstair? Will try that.

But there have been several assignments that refused to complete so either they are bugged or there’s some kind of detail we’re not getting.

Shut down a machine using an EMP. Like everyone else I tried the EMP round from the Granat, tried various batteries and the experimental pistol, even though I shut down machines, the assignment didn’t complete.

Fully repair a structure while doing a defense mission, wouldn’t complete.
Do a defense mission on easy, wouldn’t complete.

There is either something I’m not doing (and the instructions are extremely vague as to details) or the assignments are bugged and because of that bug there’s no way to get to top tier of rewards.

Welcome to the other thread already discussing this topic!

1 Like

Indeed. Moved there.

//Mod

1 Like

I’ve been having weekly assignment bugs. Some of them don’t complete for me.
Kill 5 runners with a hunting rifle. (Tried with both hunting rifles)

Shut down a machine using an EMP. I tried the EMP round from the Granat and tried various batteries even though I shut down machines, the assignment didn’t complete.

Fully repair a structure while doing a (tired on all difficulties) defense mission, wouldn’t complete.
Do a defense mission on easy. No luck

1 Like

Really enjoy this new assignment mechanic, with daily assignment that builds up to a weekly goal.

My fear is that the way this is calculated is that you will only reach “tank level” if all daily’s every day are completed… If this is the case, this is a setup of disappointment, because if only one is bugged out, you are screwed…

I’m hoping that the devs in the coming weeks will add some extra assignments per day(?) to give some leeway for one or two “mishaps” during the way…

Fingers crossed!

But in all, love feature! Today I really enjoyed the simple task of blowing up cars…

4 Likes

I came on to say exactly this - I have had three assignments bugged this week, which makes my chances of Tank Level nil. If this is going to be ongoing, then we need three a day, so that if one a day is bugged, we can still make the level.

Can someone ask the DEVs, please? I normally play once or twice a week, but have been logging in religiously every day to do the assignments and three are bugged this week. If one a day is bugged, then three should be standard, so we can make the prize…

Same problem with today’s assignments.

Kill 10 drones with a handgun. No problem (except finding the drones, they all went and hid)

Do a defense on medium. No love, doesn’t work.

Whatever is the problem, please fix it or it’s not worth even looking at them.

Also, does anyone else get the random toilet flushing sound when wandering around the world? Maybe it’s the sound of my desire to do assignments going down the drain.

You had to destroy 10 seekers with a handgun ??

Hmm… for me it was only 5 in that assignment ?! :man_shrugging: But at least it worked out, except finding seekers… lol

Oh and no way I’m even going to try the second assignment as it’s probably bugged again like every base defence related assignment until now. Don’t want to get my (rudimentary) base wrecked for nothing…

Forget the Tank reward pack! With this many bugged assignments, even getting the Hunter reward is impossible.

I want to clarify: I love this game with all my heart, I still play it several times a week and I really enjoyed the Landfall update.

BUT!

Its obvious that the new assignment feature was not ready for implementation.
Todays assignment “complete medium base defence” is not working, tried 3 times just to make sure.

Thought I’d chip in about the Assignments and the base defence ones primarily not working. I’ve noticed 2 things since Landfall dropped to do with the base defence mission itself. At first, it used to be a bunch of cubes in the log after completion and not appearing again, now it just plain doesn’t exist in the log anywhere as of the Landfall Hotfix. I think this is the cause of the base defence assignments never working.

Actually it was 5 but not all of the drones I’ve downed with my Klauck have counted.

Hi, first post. My FMTEL assignments regularly do not work. Yesterday, I shot 30 runners using different ammo and hunting rifles as it would not register my progress. The car assignment worked however, so hit and miss. I’m playing on an XBOX.

Well, the kill 3 rivals is the one that’s working, thankfully. I’m not even going to bother trying to do a 4 man def.

I’m not even going to start any of todays assignments. I’m not going to waste three of my Rivals to not being able to finish the Hunter weekly assignment… And as a Solo player the other assignment is a no go for me… :man_shrugging:

Imho we need one or two more (and working) assignments per day to have a better selection and to be able to finish the 3 weekly assignments.

1 Like

Todays results:
While the “Destroy 3 rivals” assignment did indeed track progress, it did NOT grant any resistance points and NO rewards were granted upon completion.

As for the base defence… Yeah Im not going to bother, because there really is no point to it is there?

Finished the 3 rivals disposal, worked fine for me.

Not playing multiplayer, so that one is not up for grabs for me.

Regarding multiplayer assignments; will all partisans get a completed assignment or only the host? Guess the first?

Further more, Will there be any demand that all participants actually participate in the assignment, in this case defending the base, shooting at machines? Or could someone just wander off to do something else and still get complete the assignment?

Same for me. Finished the 3 Rivals and got the points and the Rewards. Never played multiplayer, so… With the Assignments being a little wonky, I’ve started my own assignments. Right now, I’m trying to find all the Rubiks Cubes there are on the map. Still discovering things I missed in the first 300+ hours of play.

2 Likes

Latest two base defence assignments are bugged. Do not tally or complete.

Assignments should be orientated towards solo to be honest.

The rival one works quite fine. I targeted Himfjall as that is a happy gold hunting ground. Three experimental weapons. Worth the risk for me at least.