FNIX Base Assault - how it works (spawn rate, level, loot etc.)

Yeah all I get are in the forest regions. I usually kill rivals spin other regions and they just appear when the region levels up. I’m not sure if that’s the way to spawn them though.

This is a screen shot from the only thing I have found

Also, check 2369.144, -3107.515
1485.599, -2422.650
352.197, 16.431
2751.154, -1744.659
These are “neutral” and you have to earn the command tokens to claim them

I had one FNIX base spawn the day of the patch when I had a buddy in the game with me. Once we captured it we could use the console to build our own base but we didn’t have the required base tokens. It takes 20 and, apparently, you only get 10 per base captured.
Which brings us to today with the assignment to knock down a wall with a sledge hammer. I’ve been running around Forest region killing rivals and anything else that crosses my path and even found 4 more capturable spots where FNIX bases are supposed to appear. Each spot has the hand icon saying I own that base and can now build on it. But despite all of my efforts today no FNIX base spawned (I assume they spawn and level by the same mechanic as Rivals). The base we captured the other night leveled to 2 or 3 before we went after it.
Not only have no FNIX bases spawned but the Home Base defense mission also has not popped and it should have. I think they are tied together and right now neither is working. Maybe the game can’t tell the difference between the two types of bases. In any case no amount of threat is making either one work.

I think I see a pattern, here, though. Whenever they make a FMTEL assignment for something it breaks that thing.

1 Like

May I suggest a merge to this thread?

It’s already being discussed that FNIX bases don’t spawn (as in almost never) as often as we could hope for (which should be the same rate as rivals or something like that).

And as others have said, it’s tied to the Forest Region only.

Did just one base defence mission, to see if its connect to that. And midway trough with FNIX base spawned to forest region.
And continued to kill some machines after that, and it evolved to level 2. Then proceed to see what it was all about.

@ameinild Consider the threads merged. I’ve also moved yours to #general-discussion. This is now the primary thread for discussing the mechanics of the FNIX Base system :+1:

//Mod

1 Like

Something I also have noticed. Not only am I not getting the bases to spawn, my Base Defense Missions are also not generating. I knocked my threat level down to 1 and have built it back twice and nada. I’ve also done the same in the other regions. I just get the normal rivals and reapers. No FNIX bases and no more Base Defense Missions. I am on PC if that matters. I am giving up on the Forest region at this point, i’ve spent 3 days trying to get these things to spawn.

2 Likes

I have 7 Neutral bases in the forest region…i thought that ,the more bases u have found,the bigger the chance…still only had 1 base spawn in 4 days…and i’m playing 10h/day…So that tactic,went kinda sour :frowning:

1 Like

What system are you on? Asking because it seems that the PC guys are having this issue while the PS4 crew are not. This is a complete assumption based on posts i’ve read.

I even didn’t discover any of these places and got a fnix base last time I played in my game.

Im on PS4 as well and still have yet to get a second base to spawn ever since the first one last week. I dont think all PS4 players are getting them but rather a minority of them.

Hmm… neutral bases ? So you found them by accident or visiting those places or are they shown on your map already ? Just asking because I didn’t run around to find them and on my map there are only two base locations, one neutral now as I destroyed the lvl 1 FNIX base there and one lvl 2. The latter leveled up after destroying the other base.

Oh and another question in general about the command points, do we always get 10 points per destroyed base or is it like lvl 1 = 10 points, lvl 2 = 20 points or similar ? Just asking because it looks like I’m 20 points short to start building a base ? ( -20 / 10 )

Its always 10 per base taken out. Found that out when i took out a level 3 and got the same amount from a level 1.

The latest version of Gysberts maps with labelling has all 8 control points marked.

2 Likes

I have found 4 so far. Can’t claim them, and they don’t ever spawn a FNIX base.

Dude, this is money! Thank you for sharing these.

1 Like

I had a theory that I tried - but no luck so far. I came to think that mostly I had been playing the forest region with my lvl 31 character - but in the beginning I played with a lvl 20 char.

So I thought that maybe FNIX Bases only spawn if the character gets XP (which would obviously be a bug). Can any of you guys confirm or deny that this has been the case? And if it fits, maybe try playing with a character below lvl 31 to see if bases spawn there?

Just a suggestion, since I’m all out of ideas… :grimacing::thinking::sunglasses:

I did get a base on PS4 originally with a level 29 character but on PC i got both my bases on a max level character so i dont think its tied to that.

Thanks for reporting back anyway - it was just a thought! :grimacing:

My route for reference.