FNIX Base Assault - how it works (spawn rate, level, loot etc.)

What system are you on? Asking because it seems that the PC guys are having this issue while the PS4 crew are not. This is a complete assumption based on posts i’ve read.

I even didn’t discover any of these places and got a fnix base last time I played in my game.

Im on PS4 as well and still have yet to get a second base to spawn ever since the first one last week. I dont think all PS4 players are getting them but rather a minority of them.

Hmm… neutral bases ? So you found them by accident or visiting those places or are they shown on your map already ? Just asking because I didn’t run around to find them and on my map there are only two base locations, one neutral now as I destroyed the lvl 1 FNIX base there and one lvl 2. The latter leveled up after destroying the other base.

Oh and another question in general about the command points, do we always get 10 points per destroyed base or is it like lvl 1 = 10 points, lvl 2 = 20 points or similar ? Just asking because it looks like I’m 20 points short to start building a base ? ( -20 / 10 )

Its always 10 per base taken out. Found that out when i took out a level 3 and got the same amount from a level 1.

The latest version of Gysberts maps with labelling has all 8 control points marked.

2 Likes

I have found 4 so far. Can’t claim them, and they don’t ever spawn a FNIX base.

Dude, this is money! Thank you for sharing these.

1 Like

I had a theory that I tried - but no luck so far. I came to think that mostly I had been playing the forest region with my lvl 31 character - but in the beginning I played with a lvl 20 char.

So I thought that maybe FNIX Bases only spawn if the character gets XP (which would obviously be a bug). Can any of you guys confirm or deny that this has been the case? And if it fits, maybe try playing with a character below lvl 31 to see if bases spawn there?

Just a suggestion, since I’m all out of ideas… :grimacing::thinking::sunglasses:

I did get a base on PS4 originally with a level 29 character but on PC i got both my bases on a max level character so i dont think its tied to that.

Thanks for reporting back anyway - it was just a thought! :grimacing:

My route for reference.

I wonder if the XP level matters? I am level 31 (the highest) so I never get any additional XP I wonder if the there is something to do with that. I mean I never have rivals in the Forest region anymore just a thought

There is a chance that XP does matter but rather for the region since it does appear to work like the rival system. I highly doubt that player level and XP would matter for something spawning.

They pop up as a control point when you get close and discover them, just like discovering any unknown location.

I only have lvl 31 chars, 4 of them. And i got base spawn on Forest Region. But that was during base defence mission. So it is not linked to player XP. More like to region score like rivals.
In test purposes cleaned all rivals from Forest region and get reset of the region score also. We will see where this leads.

Edit:
Confirmed first FNIX base spawn in friends game. Accumulated score to trigger base defence mission, and in middle of defence fight FNIX base spawned.

Today I played just a bit in forest region.
With an active fnix base (lvl1) one rival spawned and leveled up and the existing base leveled up to maximum.

Edit:
Another rival, another base…

Seems that this works for me…

Don’t wonder about the many missing safehouses… I told you, they got lost several times after the last update.

7 Finally done, Reaper helps with base threat level.

Focus the main 3 hotspots - keep low rival numbers, destroy any past 3 L4.

Do not allow any Rivals to spawn in any of the 3 hotspot locations

Rinse and repeat hotspot locations, Base Assaults will spawn.

Level Base Assault locations, again by killing in hotspots.

Rinse and Repeat

5 Likes

Thanks bro, I gotta give it a try!

So you have to kill Rivals after you have 3 level 4s? Wouldn’t that lower the Threat Level?