Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

Few times GZ crashed after I killed a Tick on Archipelago region :wink: …and that’s as far away from FNIX Tanks as I can imagine.

1 Like

Its definitely combat related all my crashes come whilst in combat or just after

I didn’t say it was the -only- cause for -all- the crashing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The game “obviously” (and sadly) has multiple triggers for crashing.

It just seemed to be the cause in my case. And it could just as easily be mere coincidence (I wouldn’t be surprised) that my “solution” seems to have “solved” my own crashing problem.

Maybe your crashes had nothing to do with spawning Rivals. Or maybe it did. Maybe sometimes the game just screws itself and gets stuck in trying to spawn the same Rival of a different type or class.

Who knows. I hope the devs …

Its true the game has multiple ways of crashing the game but recently it’s been combat related for me…maybe the game is getting fed up of me killing the bots and is getting its revenge😂

1 Like

Yes the game has plenty of ways to crash. Some ways become more prominent for whatever reason so it makes it look like that is the cause but when you get rid of one reason for crashing it finds another. It may be lots of little (or not so little) things or it might be that there’s something so haywire in the code that it simply expresses itself through all sorts of means. Kind of like trying to squish the air out of a half-deflated balloon and it makes it create another bulge somewhere else instead. Or you’ve got too much water flowing in a weak dike and you plug one hole and the rising water just makes another hole break open.

2 Likes

A rival spawned on himfjäll just now, first one for the last two weeks. Anyone else? Have avalanche managed to fix this bug?

1 Like

There hasn’t been an update, yet.

Nothing as of yet, but i can say rival spawning seems a bit better now that the holiday event has ended. Whatever was in that christmas spirit caused the rival crashing to happen tenfold. Still an issue, but i’d say 1/20 rival spawns doesn’t cause a crash now.

1 Like

Not me. My game crashes normally.

Hmm… no, not really, I still get the occasional crashes after fights. But I had the chance to play for a longer period after killing the 3 Rivals on Himfjäll one after another. That gave me at least some time to get further with the DLC missions but now I’m back in the crashzone…
So I definitely won’t start the “Ghosts from the past” mission or whatever it is called in english. Couldn’t stand a crash during that mission, especially when there’s wave after wave of enemies… meh

Edit: I went to Tarnböda Skans and tried to force spawn a Rival by letting me get killed by Runners and some Hunters… A boooring process and every 2nd to 3rd time the game crashed. The occasional APO Tank lingered around, too. After about the 10th time I lost my nerves as the Hunters didn’t want to attack me and refused to shoot back. meh I killed all four and started to loot some ammo when the Tank joined the action and flooded me with his cluster bombs. Finally he got me and… tadaaa …turned into a Rival. So it works, but it is totally borked since around X-Mas, at least for me.

Hmm… I wonder what happens when there are all 6 Rivals active in a specific region ? The game has no need to spawn further Rivals and we should be fine and crashless… theoretically…

Maybe somebody can confirm this ?

All fine on my end as I’m not experiencing this issue it’s running smoothly

What did you sit there and count or are you being sarcastic idk if your console would be working after “53” crashes

On PC, started making a mark for every crash.

1 Like

i think this might be dew to the rivals try to spawn but it crashes the game yes having same problem sence november update

2 Likes

Today I thought about the issue and how much I hate it …
I thought about when it started for me, too and looked up some older saves, and I guess it must have been triggered somewhere between 22.12. and 04.01.

I played until 22.12. nearly without any issues, or better said, crashes. Playing since around the mid of August and encountered only a handful of crashes since then, pretty much luck I guess.
Right before Christmas I played a few sessions to try to get some festive clothing from the holiday event and stopped playing to dust off some snowflakes from my WoWs ships over the holidays, etc.
When I started to play GZ again by the 04.01. the crashing started… cause unknown…

Ok, so I guess we all can go with the assumption that it is related to an erratic spawn of rivals, right ?
But how? Why? My latest thoughts on that are circling around the holiday event and the festive clothing that was available for a short given period of time. (Btw, on what date did the holiday event exactly come to an end ?) My thought is, that the crashes might be caused by some erratic behaviour of the rival loot table, like one part is injecting festive clothing and the loot table doesn’t contain that item any more… -> no error handling for that -> crash

Something like that, I think you get what is in my mind… hopefully…

Sadly no possible workaround for that and I’m still trying to get a 6th rival to spawn in my southcoast region… No real fun in that and my rather good K/D ratio is going down the drain… lol

I think your on to something here!
For me the crashing started late in the evening january 3, maybe it was past midnight, don’t remember.
It has come to a point where the game is completely unplayable for me, crash wether I kill a seeker or a tank no matter what region or rivallevel.

Bought this game for my son couple months back because he likes playing multiplayer with his old man. When he first got it he played a lot without me just running around taking out bots not really doing the mission’s (kids right?) Finally decided to start a new character since my kid still had a ton of missions to complete figuring this would be a great way to level up quickly as well as show him the ropes. I go into his game and check the map and see a rival nearby ,it was a hunter, so we go take it out as well as a couple other bots hanging around, no crash. Check the map again and see a rival just peaking out on the upper edge of the map. I zoom out and I count 12 rivals that he has neglected to destroy. I’m thinking “here comes the crashing”. Most of his rivals are spread across the mid regions of the map, with some being clustered pretty close together. We go take a couple out no problem. Try a couple more and we crash. But those were some heavy fights that lasted for bout 20 min or so. We move away from those areas and come across a lone military tank start a fight and crash 5min in. I can’t fig it out. We play by ourselves and it runs smooth with a random crash here and there but multiplayer turns into a nightmare. Ive also noticed the further north i travel the worse it gets and the new island has been a hotbed of crashes. We both are on pc running decent hardware but a lot of people blame the game. Maybe it is the game or a setting in my pc or both. Who knows. All I know is I’ve experienced a ton of crashes in any given scenario and that was before rivals came on the scene. I’m not saying rivals aren’t a cause, may have made things worse for people, I’m just saying I haven’t seen much difference in the crashing. Seems totally randem. It’s weird, I’ve been in a fire fight with a friend involving bout 10 or so hunters 15 runners and the tanks would just keep showing up with us pinned down in a house. Game wouldn’t crash but I would get kicked out bout every 15 to 2o min as the client until we exhausted all ammo. We go strolling across an open field with nothing but grass and trees in the distance and then crash. Seems like a lot of variables in play. Hope the devs can sort them out.

So, this crash-thing has gone from bad to completely unplayable in January!
Whenever I engage in a fight, no matter if it’s one enemy or multiple, doesn’t matter if it’s a seeker or a tank or what region or level. What happens is then the fight is over and the music goes silent game crashes hard! This last patch didn’t make things better! If anything it intensified the crashing!

1 Like

Merged two threads about the same issue, the frequent crashing. Let’s keep the discussion to the bigger one.

/Mod

2 Likes

I only spent 40 mins in multiplayer on update day and two hours solo with no probs , like i described earlier today i was in solo when it crashed in two seperate locations … Fyi- my post was so Xezr/Devs can keep tabs on when and where and which platform , cheers @SteampunkPagan :+1:

1 Like