Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

Thanks I was curious is why I asked for me in MP I am fine most of the time but single player (my preferred play) the game now is even worse than before this update. It is frustrating since I love this game so darn much…Thanks for the reply & Take care.
SPP

2 Likes

GZ also constantly freezes on me right now (GenerationZero_F.exe has stopped working) and almost every time battle ends. If i walk around or loot, game works fine. Until i don’t get myself into combat.

When the holiday event came, GZ was fine for 3x days. I was able to collect some of the Fancy set but since 24th Dec '19, game started to freeze constantly. My guess: it freezes when new Rival should spawn in.

I’d like to get the 2nd chance right now with Fancy set (current event) but i can’t due to the freezes. :confounded:

I have the exact same thing happening right now.

1 Like

So just to confirm it is absolutely WORSE THAN EVER now after the last update. Crash Reporter is kicking in half the time now as well.

Since GZ is something close to completely unplayable in this condition for me I have been trying lots of other titles during my quarantine.

Not a single crash or problem with any other game. My preference is huge open-world survival/crafting titles that eat up computing power like nobody’s business and yet GZ with it’s lesser system requirements chokes and dies back to desktop every 5-10 minutes. This is just abysmal. Three months I’ve waited and every month it’s “Well wait until the end of the month it will be sorted,” “waiting another two months they’ll fix it”. No fix. No personal contact or support from Avalanche. Just… nothing.

2 Likes

I feel and share your frustration 100%.

1 Like

Could you try doing what I did? (make a copy of your current save files and start a new game).

After more than 10h I had only 2 crashes:

1. I parked at a safe place and went to the bathroom… when I got back I was greeted by a crash report.
  2. I started putting 7,62 FMJ ammo stacks into Plundra.

I just finally managed to kill one rival through the crashing. I had to whittle it down between crashes and I finally killed it and I opened the loot box and there were two awesome special clothing items, a hat and a shoe, and when I clicked take all it locked up. AAAAAGH!!! I QUIT.

Could try… Tried a second caracter, was fine for approx 3h before crashfest began.

No, no, all 4 characters play on the same save file. I’m saying about starting on a fresh one (deleting the old one).

@SkEyE Did you read my post, right above yours last?

Oddly enough I should add, I’ve never experienced any of the crashing issues on Himfjäll.

Edit: Nvm, just got a crash there exiting combat with some Hunters.

1 Like

Not Himfjäll for me either the farmlands and forest area are the biggest culprits for me

1 Like

Me to…;(

Its very sad and my frustration is now 1000%

1 Like

So, great, now I’m introduced to a brand new type of crashes I never experienced before. Tried to fasttravel to Måsskär, and the game crashed. Two times the exact same thing.

I can’t fathom how they managed to introduce even more bugs, while not really fixing anything. :frowning:

Edit: A few more tries, keeps crashing on that particular location.

Edit 2: And now it suddenly worked… :open_hands:

1 Like

I Have posted these last few days on ps4 >> ’ 1st day ’ no probs i was on ‘’ HimfJàll ‘’ solo and multiplayer host << >> ’ 2nd day ’ 2 Crashes 5 and 15 mins into solo game ‘’ Main island ‘’ << >> 3rd day ( today ) i had a 2hr solo sesh this morning with no probs at all and like @Zesiir i was on HimfJàll (alpine dlc island ) - :eyes: can anyone see a pattern here with main island and possibly rivals spawing :+1: I am staying on HimfJàll guys for now :joy:

On PC - the crashes happened on the mainland an also on hinfjäll before and after the “update”…

At least for me

2 Likes

On Xbox it is worse as well, For me it breaks my gamer heart. I love this game but now I can not even play it let alone stream it. Then the lack of communication here is TBH unsettling since this is such a major issue… I am still in love with the game, not giving up hope & still have faith in this team but I am un-nerved by this situation.
SPP

2 Likes

Worst of all - they don’t seems to be paying enough attention to this issue. I remember some time ago a new crash bug was introduced with an update (crash upon using firework), and they deployed a hotfix withing a few days. Now it’s been literally over a month, regular update didn’t help, and we still have no response from the team in this (most active on the forum) topic. I guess we (loyal players) don’t matter to much anymore.

3 Likes

Well, they have another game out there with the same (?) engine. Same problems it seems, and still not sorted three years in, so let’s just say I’m starting to lose hope.

If they ever relase another DLC, I won’t be buying it before these bugs are fixed.

(Edit: Missing words!)

3 Likes

This is due to the November update. For me. I have a little crash until then. Many crashes now.I send crash reports once every five minutes.
Sorry for google translation.
correction.Not November.after the December fix.sorry

3 Likes

Originally posted on Post #259 here about crashes happening 10 to 60 minutes (random spots).

Now, after this January update, it’s gotten A LOT better and I’ve been able to play for MUCH longer.

2 Days ago I was able to play for over 3 hours 35 minutes (i had a stopwatch going on my phone to time it) before I did get a crash (yes I did submit the crash report).

Yesterday I played for about 30 minutes during the day (no crashes), then later last night/early morning and played another 2 hours and no crashes.

So while I know the crashing issues aren’t 100% fixed (due to that 1 crash I had), for me it has vastly improved that I can sit down and play the game for hours.

I have made some story progress, even took out 2 rivals last night (using up a helluva a lot of ammo on them).

So, to the devs, very good progress on the bug fixing in the last update as it’s at least helped me be able to play the game. Fingers crossed this keeps up as I progress through the story.

Edit: Well, maybe I spoke too soon. I played for about 45 minutes and the game crashed again just a little bit ago.

Yes that’s how it goes. Maybe you mysteriously get three days with rather few crashes then it gets to where you can’t make it five minutes for days at a time. Only the devs might have a clue but I doubt it at this point. I think it’s either some kind of DRM that’s flawed or the engine itself is flawed. Maybe the team that built this game around the engine doesn’t have any ability to dig into the engine to fix it. Seems like all they do is tweak gameplay characteristics. Font size, item placement and handling, etc. Never anything addressing the flaws in the engine in terms of audio, graphics, memory management, where the major issues lay.

2 Likes