Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

Yep, This is some new shit, have been running perfect uptil now…

Update at the end of January so maybe there will be a fix by then.

Surely there must be a hotfix much sooner. Have 368 hours inte it. 360 without any problems what so ever…

There’s always been crashes in the game but the last 2 weeks have been almost unplayable for me with up to 6-8 crashes per day

Ok. Must have been lucky I guess. Thanks for the input!

Sort of what @OGDH said but slightly different.

It seems to have gotten me out of the crash fest (for now) so -maybe- it works for you too (if it wasn’t some weird coincidence, of course):

1 Like

Thanks, Will give it a go later this evening!

Unfortunately this method does not work for me, game keeps crashing, more than ever it seems.
Doesn’t matter what class I fight, if kill or killed game will Always crash. rival level 5 to 15.
So sad to see this game go. thats it for me!

Yeah, it’s getting more and more annoying…

So I decided to start flooding Avalanche with crash reports… :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::grin:

Are the crashes on all platforms or just xbox?

Starting from Dec 8th I have 146 exported crash reporter crash dumps saved to disk. They were also of course each sent via Crash Reporter. I have missed saving several just because I forgot to export them at the moment of them happening, and there has to be at least 1/3rd of that total that have not triggered crash reporter and thus have not been saved or reported which pushes the total well into the 200’s in this relatively short time frame. That is just in the last month and does not include the crashes from November or October. It has been over a month since a dev asked for my DXdiag and explained how to export the crash logs so I could send them to them via email. I played the game for 20 minutes or so, enough to generate three or four reports and sent that in. I have been continuing to save every one ever since. I never heard from the developers again so far. After more than a month I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

I’m on PC… but I guess it’s platform independent

Windows 7, Windows 10, PS4 and Xbox

Over 150 crashes since friday here. It was fine until then.
Impossible to play this game any more.
PC win10

1 Like

150 in the last five days!? Wow!!!

Avalanche haven’t done any server maintenance since before Christmas so i wonder if its Microsoft related as it seems PC and xbox mostly?

The game doesn’t rely on servers, it’s peer to peer. There’s been a longer hiatus with the holidays but a lot of work accumulated before then. I think for the January patch, we’ll see a huge number of fixes.

The point was not only to not fight high level machines but to be (very) far away from FNIX Tank spawn locations when doing so.

In my situation it looked like the conversion of a FNIX Tank (even though it was not in front of me) into a Rival triggered the crash.

For instance (if I remember correctly), I went to that Skyttenklubb safehouse and had myself killed by Runners a couple of times. That converted one of them into a Rival without the game crashing. And I repeated the “far away” process for other regions.

But if it didn’t work for you then that obviously sucks :frowning_face:

1 Like

I think you may very well be onto something about FNIX tanks turning into (or attempting to turn into) Rivals, @Voodoo

1 Like

I know, I play to much sometimes. 53 crashes on saturday alone. Impossible to play.
Joined a MP last night, that was perfectly fine behavior. So fun to be able to play for a couple of hours.