Game crashes when using scope and/or vision mod

Platform: PC

Description: Game crashes when aiming Reaper with EXP pvg90 and 8-16x scope. Start to happen after December update. Reaper was spawned before update.

Steps To Reproduce: Fight Reaper with EXP pvg90, 8-16x scope, 5* ext mag, IR/OPV module.

Images / Videos: None

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Single

Specifications: i7, 16gb, SSD, GTX980, Win 10 pro

UPDATE 1: This is non consistent, latest reaper fight did not crash when using scope(s).

1 Like

I got this crash while using a 6-12x scope on my AG 4. My friend got a crash while using the thermal vision attachment. It crashed nearly every time he tried to ADS the reaper when using it.

Same here. I repeated it 3 times with the same reaper and took video on the last.

Description: Game crashes when aiming Reaper with EXP pvg90 and 8-16x sniper scope. Start to happen after December update. Spawned after update 2 days ago.

Steps To Reproduce: Fight Reaper with EXP pvg90, 8-16x scope, 5* ext mag, Full module.

Images / Videos: Yes - https://youtu.be/GnKV3nNb_zE

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: Single

Specifications: i7-8700k 3.0ghz, 32gb, SSD, Dual NVIDIA GTX1080Ti, 64bit, Win 10 Home

All 3 times it happened approx 3 minutes into fight

Description: Crash on Aim Down Sights

Steps To Reproduce:

1. First instance:
  • Fight the Reaper in Farmlands by the two bombed out barns and grain silos near the deforested area.
  • Use the Experiemental AG 4 with T5 attachments, 6-12x scope. No optical scope enhancements equipped (ex: thermals, x-ray, etc.)
  • Aim down the sight / scope.
  • Game may crash at any point here.
  1. Second instance:
  • Travel to the Bjorntunet Hotel on Himsfjall.
  • Travel north to kill the rival in the immediate area (about 200-300m away from the hotel). Rival is Giant D-692 TANK-Apocalypse Class. The Commander of Gudlogs stenar. He had 2 harvesters with him, also Apoc class.
  • While fighting the hunters spawned by the harvesters, ADS with experimental M/46 “Kpist” SMG.
  • Game crashed after using ADS after a few times on hunters. Again, only a tier 4 red dot sight equipped.

Images / Videos: N/A

Host or Client: The first instance I was in solo play as the host. The second time, I was hosting while playing with my friend.

Players in your game: Only one other in the second instance.

Specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.80 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super with 16 GB.

Crash report was submitted both times.

Same issue topics merged.

Also, @Sgt_Engee, why would you cross-post the same issue again, if you are capable of using Forum Search?

//Mod

I have some serious doubts about this crashing being caused by scopes, vision modules or ADS… especially after viewing @MarsGodOfWar video and doing my own failed attempt of recreating this bug (I used X-AG4 + 4-8 scope + IR, X-KVM59 + 2x red dot, X-PVG + 8-16 scope + IR/OPV).

I’m 3 for 3 crashes while the scope is up, but only against the reaper since the update. I’ve got 270 or so hours in game, with it only crashing once before. I shared the game crash with the devs when the box popped up, so maybe that will tell them more.

The game crashing issue could be due to this as well: Crash when reaper does gas/explosion attack :thinking:

Not in my 3 games. No farting happened yet. But maybe it was just about to start… I don’t know.

Never happened to me also. There might be 2 reason Reaper causes crash, and somewhat software/hardware depending which crash occurs.

It’s also entirely possible the crash is the cause of something else that just happens to occur when you’re aiming down sights (like one does during the fight) so it would be interesting to get more details on this, perhaps even video.

More video of 2 more attempts. This time it’s happening sooner than the 3+ minute mark and also now without me having my scope up. Both times in these he sounds his horn just before the crash.
Because of this the game has become unplayable for me. I grinded away to get the reapers, only to find I can’t fight them without the game crashing. Guess I’ll check back in a few months.

It’s more likely related to running attack.

With shields operational Reaper doesn’t perform thermobaric farts.

Because one issue was related to the Reaper and one was not @Aesyle .

Since many people are getting game crashes when ADS towards the Reaper, and you did as well, it got merged into here.

Also, it looks like there is issue with ADS system in general (when considering your 2nd instance) and all these reports being in one topic makes it easier for devs to troubleshoot the issue.

Of course, you could say that your both instances have nothing to do with each other and they merit their own bug report topic. But since our way here is: one bug report per topic, we could have the following:

• bug report topic about game crash when ADS towards Seeker
  • bug report topic about game crash when ADS towards Tank
  • bug report topic about game crash when ADS towards house
  • bug report topic about game crash when ADS towards sky
    etc.

This gets silly since all those separate reports are connected by 1 thing: ADS. Due to that, it is better when all following bug reports, that cause game crash when using ADS, are in one, neat topic. This topic.

//Mod

@Aesyle I understand your reasoning and it does help that ADS is the one thing it may very well be tied to. However, another thing I’m not sure that may or may not also be a factor is whether or not optical attachments are a major issue. My friend has his game crash consistently if he tries to use thermal attachments with the reaper. And it only happens with the reaper. My other friend however, has his game crash whenever he uses optical attachments at all when fighting ANY type of machine.

ADS is the common thread, but you also have to look at everyone’s individual case. Did they have thermal attachments? What kind of computer hardware do they have? How are they running the game (windowed mode vs. full screen), is it a multiplayer session, etc. etc.

Which is why I didn’t post in this topic thread for the other because it mentions the reaper. I’d suggest maybe renaming the topic if you can? Perhaps “ADS crashes”?

In light of more bug reports, corrected the topic title.

//Mod

Here, i agree and topic title got some change, to best show what the issue is about.

Well, hardware conf doesn’t matter. Since when game crashes on e.g Core i7 build but not on Core i3 build then the issue is with the PC itself, and not with the game.

As for others: using vision mod, playing full screen/windowed, in solo/MP game etc. - that should be stated by the person who makes a bug report.

Had same loadout but the 6-12x scope and fighting reapers on South coast at night.
Had 4 or 5 crashes if not more with 2 different reapers there but other reapers in other regions both day and night was fine.
Learned that if I didn’t look at the blast wave it was fine but then I missed one blast wave again.
And after that last crash I remembered that I did activate Steam overlay some days before it started and after deactivation of it I never got any crashes during reaper battles.

Platform:
PC

Description:
Post-February '21 update, game froze and crash during Reaper fight and specifically when aiming at Reaper with 8-16x scope on 6* .50 cal and Reaper fired it’s rockets.

Steps To Reproduce:
Fight against Reaper, aim at it with 8-16x scope while it’s firing it’s rockets at you.

Images / Videos:

Freeze and crash happens at the end of the video, at 23:20:

Event Viewer:

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 (myself)

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 2004 (build 19041.804)

Platform:
PC

Description:
Continued from above report:
Went back to the game, was able to fight Reaper about twice as long but game still crashed. This time, i was looking through 4-8x scope on my 6* AG4. And game also generated crash report.

Steps To Reproduce:
Fight against Reaper, aim at it with 4-8x scope.

Images / Videos:

Freeze and crash report happens at the end of the video, at 47:55:

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 (myself)

Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
MoBo: MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM: Kingston Savage (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo (500GB)
SSD: Crucial MX500 (1TB)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB)
GPU: MSI GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X 6G
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 650 (80+ Titanium)
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 2004 (build 19041.804)