Game crashing regularly after July 23 update

Yes, we both did the 40gb update just before playing.
We both had the companion. We did the mission in coop.

I didn’t know we could setup the companion as scavenger or something else.

There is an optional (paid) companion dlc which offers some cosmetics, more armor and behavior modules.

There are know issues when using the companion with scavenger module while looting or using the inventory.

That’s why I asked.

Oh oki.

Nope, I didn’t bought that DLC.

Platform: Steam - PC - windows 11

Description: The game crashes after playing for a few minutes - Crash seems to be random

Steps To Reproduce: Just play multiplayer for more than 5 minutes

Host or Client: Client

Players in your game: 2

Specifications:
ryzen 7-3700x
16gb RAM
RTX 3070 8GB
1TB pcie4.0x4 ssd

The game seems to crash much more quickly if my friend has his companion runner out - but it will still crash eventually, even without the companion. Very annoying!

The crashes we are referring to are decidedly not caused by companions and how you use them. There is indeed an issue pertaining to the scavenger module, but that is a separate and completely unrelated problem. These crashes happen regardless of whether a companion is active, host or client, and regardless of how it’s configured.

1 Like

Platform: im on Pc and play it from Steam

Description: so i got the game like 2 days ago and after the update that dropped today, i keep crashing every 5-10 minutes after entering the game. I have tried everything and nothing works. I rly enjoy the game but if i keep crashing idk if i wanna play it…

Steps To Reproduce: i tried to reinstall the game, update my drivers and update my pc to make it work.

Images / Videos: No cant rly capture anything if i crash

Host or Client: i was joining another session with my boyfriend.

Players in your game: only me and my boyfriend

Specifications: Intel i9-9900k, RTX 2080, 16GB ram 3200 mhz, The game is on HDD.

3 Likes

You need to provide some more details about the crash if you want some help, the “read before posting” section has the details the team needs.

You can send your save-game-file to GZ-support. So they can maybe find the problem. Below a link to the page that tells you how.

https://support.generationzero.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415713127058-How-to-send-your-save-files-to-support

Is there any specific moment the game crashes? Like, does it just randomly crash or when you do a specific action?

No, it just randomly crash after 5-10 minutes of me playing. I have tried to fix it myself but it just doesn’t work whatever I do. I even lowered my graphics when Ik the game works with high graphic when I played it yesterday without any crashes.

So there is no relation to the new machine companion? It crashes just out of the blue sky?

After the update it started crashing. Cuz 2 days ago i played it just fine without crashing.

If you completed the Companion mission and are a client, do not use the companion otherwise your opening yourself up to constant crashing as a result

1 Like

So I can’t use the companion at all?

Not in MP you cant until it gets fixed, only in SP or as the Host to a MP session you can.

1 Like

Ps5 player here I too am crashing every 5 to 10 mins , also my daughter, my other daughter whose hosting and starting from level 0 has been fine. Been mainly around the Iboholmen Church , that wounded wasn’t in there when I previously played.
Stopped playing after last DLC which I bought cause loot was disappearing (hope it’s fixed in this patch/update) now paid for companion and crashing non stop.

So far some dc’ing walking, opening boxes , riding motorcycle.killing…

Mine kept crashing too. (xbox series x) … 4 times playing Multiplayer with a friend. ended up dashboarding,… deleting and reinstalling the game and add-ons. Friend went to bed and I played for another 3 hrs with no issue. Not sure if it fixed me or not but, Ive had to delete before because the last update bugged it to dash crash. We shall see.

This helps a lot. Thank you :slight_smile:

I just quote Gysbert

1 Like