Generation zero ideas

Some very good points well made. You should put them direct to Pontus in live stream

1 Like

Another list of features merged into more appropriate topic.

//Mod

1 Like

So I’ve played in excess of 70 hours and really love this game. There are however a few things I think would make the game more enjoyable.

Simplified inventory
It’s always an issue if you have to enter a menu to access the item you want. And because the game has many different types of items that fill the same role, you have to do it often. There should be an option to make the game work a bit more like The Division, where each slot is assigned to a role. One for health, another for distractions, another for traps and a final for miscelaneous. Thus, when you run out of your currently equipped health pack, the game immediately switches to another.

Regain health "for free"
Another issue is that the only way players can regain health is through items. Where other games allow players to regain health by sleeping or even just fast travelling, GZ forces players to either use consumables
 or kill themselves. One solution could be to

Differentiate safe houses and Bases of Operations
To me it’s a bit silly that every single safe house has facilities to store your stuff, build bicycles, disassemble weapons and make clothes. IMO, there should be a differentiation between safe houses, meaning places to which you can fast travel, and what I’d call Bases of Operation: places with all of the facilities. Bases would (perhaps after a line of side quests) could have the facilities, as well as a bed where players can sleep to adjust the time of day and regain health.

Better weapons for abundant ammo
The guns that players unlock early in the game become quite useless later on. Möller PP isn’t really adequate to even take care of ticks, Meuser isn’t powerful enough to destroy enemies even when hitting their weak spots etc. As such, these weapons go unused and the ammo floods storage.
So a solution to this would be to introduce better weapons that make use of these ammo types.
PansarvĂ€rnsgevĂ€r 42 A semiauto rifle with a 10 round capacity, based off the AG42. Fires Älgstudsare ammo.
KILO63 A prototype domestic assault rifle designed to fire Meuser ammo. Looks like the GRAM m/63.
Kpist m/84 An SMG that fires Möller PP ammo. The Tec-9 was originally designed as a military SMG, featuring a stock, and could thus be the visual inspiration.

1 Like

I have not really had that ammo problem. While yes you get ammo for guns you do not use sometimes. the option is to just not pick it up. Also ammo pickups and loot chance is based on what guns you have on you.

3 Likes

Another list of features and another merge.

//Mod

1 Like

Oh, and one basic change I’d like would be the ability to mark items as favorites and perhaps even name particular guns. Just to make it easier to find what’s what.

1 Like

As most know, I am a tad
 ummm
 intense, maybe
 extreme
 VERY probably

We now have this hard mode called Guerilla, where machines have even more armour and life slapped on (Bullet Sponginess), and increased damage.
While sure, it drags a battle even further out, and thus DOES have an increase in difficulty
 it does not really.
Not sure if you can get what I try to say here, but that is how I feel it.

Dragging out fights this way, to me, is not actually a more difficult setting, more a form of increased, shall I say, boredom?
Mind, English is not my prime language.

What I would like to suggest, and mind, numbers thrown around are suggestions, nothing more, are a few changes in various ways.
Also, the suggested mode would NOT be a ‘forced upon all players’ change, but a new, optional game difficulty mode on itself.

When I point to survival, I do not mean need for food, liquid and sleep, for one, but alterations in game and machine AI.

MACHINE AI:

1. Machine responsiveness: Machines right now either respond fat too slow to being under threat, or do not respond at all. I would like to increase this to have nigh immediate response. In fact, machines should basically be able to detect you before you detect them. Note: should.

2. Machine Aggression Range: Right now, when you engage them beyond their detection/aggression range, they fail to react. Increasing this to say 300M (given of course they have for instance Line of Sight, and holding in consideration that one is sneaking, or has active sneak skills, or has sneak supporting clothing (whenever that gets fixed, that is). A machine seeing you through a hill, or hearing you when you’re very silent, would not be OK. So adding realism in this regard would be darn sweet.

3. Machine Action: Machines know no fear, and should basically follow you until they either terminated you, or the machine died/failed. Note here: a machine would be able to make a tactical withdrawal to get fixed up or get support, but should then return to battle. Right now I have encountered (in FR) that machines dare run of to disappear. I DO need to say, only one so far did this (a shotgun Runner, military class), but as I have reported this issue way back, and encountering this in FR, makes me think this issue is still around. Also note, while it should always try to follow you into a building, taking in account, it can, size wise, and safe houses should not be among these buildings. A safe house should be just that: safe, a spot to withdraw, rest up, in safety.

4. Where Machines became tougher, the suggested Survival Mode should not need these buffed machines. Their increased reaction time, increased detection/aggression range and determination would be FAR more threatening than their current Guerilla state. While it is not meant they should be able to be one-shotted, no matter the weapon, they would not need to be the bullet sponges they are, right now. IF we were to keep this sponginess
 machines would be godlike, and that is NOT the idea for what I am suggesting here. I will post a simplified idea below. Thus, machines should be made weaker in toughness and life, while their AI would be increased decently.
    The simplified suggestion:
    => Proto Tick can be one shotted.
    => Proto Runner needs 2 bullets.
    => Proto Hunter needs 4-5 bullets.
    => Proto Tank/Harvey needs 8/10 bullets.
    Military class needs 10-15% more resistance (based on Proto class).
    FNIX class needs 15-20% more resistance (based on Proto class).
    Apoc class 20-30% more resistance (based on Proto class).

Note that a Proto Class could be less effective (which I would suggest) in detection and maybe aggro range, possibly even in aim ability.
This should increase per class if implemented, where for example the Proto class would be 60% of the effectiveness, Mil class 70%, FNIX class 80 and Apoc class 90% effective in mentioned abilities.

GAME AI: Machines should be able to actually use the terrain, as well as we players do.
This means: they should be able to think logically (IE: not stand prone in one spot, use cover, use tactics such as flanking and rear assault, “sneaking” where applicable (A tank would be slightly less proficient in sneaking around than a runner, I think? lol), and use means, if you have been detected, to make a tactical plan to get you (circling the prey (you), or await you in a bush if you head it’s way (thus ambushing), things like this).
Considering these (even the Proto’s) are still MILITARY machines, they should be at least base tactical and proficient, no?

Additional OPTIONAL tweaks: Hunger, thirst, fatigue.
Though, that last one should be only applicable in SOLO mode, due to the issues for bringing additional players in sync.
Not everyone would appreciate it if they had to wait for you when you go to rest, while in solo mode, you resting would be mere game clock adjustment.
To keep everyone synced, this game clock adjustment would not work, therefore you have to rest in real time.
IF of course implemented.
Other survival options could be brought in, such as injury systems, or paralyse systems.

One could, given IF people like this idea, and/or Avalanche/GZ implements this, even make a normal and a Guerilla mode in this new game mode.

Also, IF liked and/or implemented: amount of machines should increase per player added (thus game scaling).
Further more: IF liked and/or implemented: if they add “companions”, the game should also scale up in difficulty.

This is a base idea.
If you like it, good.
If you do not like it: good. BUT please tell us WHY.
If you have ideas, or would like to see an alteration on my proposal, tell us, but also motivate the why.

Placed in Discussion as I aim this to be that: a discussion.
If people prefer this rather than to dislike it, I will ask for this discussion to be moved to suggestions.
Here I can alter the whole based on the input, which is the second reason it is placed here.
Once we have a final, completed idea, it is better to be placed under suggestions.
If shot down, well
 no need to suggest it, right? :wink:

I will be grateful to those participating, whether you like it or not.
Thank you in advance, people. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am totally agree with you Xogroroth👍Extra challenges will be nice add on :))

2 Likes

Long and winding list of ideas merged into collective topic.

//Mod

2 Likes

@Dusty:
It’s not so much an add-on sir, but a whole new additional mode, seperated from the current modes.
I truly dislike shoving stuff down someone’s throat, I prefer it that people can choose their preference.

Thank you very much.

Would you like to see something altered, or added, removed?

@Aesyle
Thank you, miss.
Very kind of you.

May I ask, miss, what your thoughts on the idea are?
Seeing you are not just a VERY long time player, but also an authority on GZ

1 Like

Well,I really wanna test everything what you wrote above with guerrilla difficulty :+1:with couple experienced players,like you,for example :smirk::sunglasses:

1 Like

Also,I would like to see extra tools for ambush organization (Mined trees for barricades,C4+propan/air tanks,alarms in cars)
Bench expansion:combine different types of weaponry and devices (AT mines explosive+detenotor from hand grenades+radio-for ultimate handmade bomb,Molotov cocktails,AP/Tracer munition for PVG-90)

1 Like

Hard work pays off. :wink:

Well, some i do agree with but others i don’t.

Where you were post-April '20 update and before June’20 update? Since at that time, machine AI was cranked to the max, with instant detection over very long ranges and pinpoint accuracy. You would’ve love that and i also liked that but most players hated it. And devs fixed it. Though, there is a topic to bring it back: PLEASE add April 2020 Difficulty as an option in the future

Current in-game difficulty level already changes that where on Guerilla, i can’t walk past tank at around 100m without it seeing me but on Adventurer difficulty, tanks finally spots me when i’m right under it’s nose. Though, even on Guerilla, range caps off at 200m and i don’t mind it being more.

Have you thought that perhaps the machine is disengaging to lure you to other machines?

I once followed fleeing runner and it lead me to it’s buddies. :smile:

This i don’t agree with. For asking more realism, machines should be able to enter the safehouse and kill you there as well. Moreover, machines should have higher interest in safehouses since it’s known place which player often frequents and thus, it is high value target to keep patrols around it.

I see a glass cannon here and with it, i don’t agree either. Machines in GZ are made out of metal, not cardboard and for that reason alone, it doesn’t make sense to kill Apocalypse Tank with 13 bullets. Moreover since you fail to state which kind of bullets exactly? Möller Hollow Point? 9mm SMG FMJ? .50 AP?

Hunters already deploy the flanking and surrounding tactic quite often.

Ambush, as such, is only useful for the element of surprise, especially when the one doing the ambush is outnumbered or outgunned, which machines are not. Due to that, i don’t see why superior force (machines) need to ambush weak pray (player).

No. Just no. There are plenty of survival element games out there to play. To name the few: Subnautica, Grounded, 7 Days to Die, The Solus Project.

There is already disorientation in the game, when you take a solid hit and are down to only few HP. I think that is enough and players don’t need further handicaps.

Already in the game in form of Auto Scaling, if turned ON from the Game settings.

2 Likes

You wrote above:

“I see a glass cannon here and with it, i don’t agree either. Machines in GZ are made out of metal, not cardboard and for that reason alone, it doesn’t make sense to kill Apocalypse Tank with 13 bullets. Moreover since you fail to state which kind of bullets exactly? Möller Hollow Point? 9mm SMG FMJ? .50 AP?”
It’s very good explanation,but what about non physical damage?For example ballistic shock.It’s already tested in couple hot spots in modern world,when heavily protected,remote control,engineers robots stop working without any visible physical damage.Just because their soft electronic internals have been received fatal damage from close mine detonation.Or good example high radiation damage for robots in Chernobyl in 1986.They’re just burned out.
I believe,Xogroroth mean standard NATO 7,62 cartridge.If hit,for example,robot’s weak point with first shot it’s start freezing and you can finish him with following rounds😎
Anyway,it’s just my opinion :thinking::wink:

2 Likes

If machines disable/die on their own, it doesn’t make much of a game now, does it? And frankly, that too is already in the game. Topic about it: Poor suicidal doggies

Though, rather than increasing machine overall HP, as devs have done it so far OR decreasing machine overall HP, as @Xogroroth suggests, i think components should all have same HP as currently but it’s fixed how many components you need to destroy before machine blows up.

For example:
Currently, apo hunter has 90% of it’s HP in it’s cluster mortar. Shoot that bullet sponge off and few more shots are needed to blow it up.

Instead, how about the apo hunter won’t go down before 5x out of it’s 7x components are destroyed? The 7x being: flamethrower, mortar, tick pod, 2x engines, back fuel tank and optics (head).
FNIX hunter would need 4x, military one 3x and proto one 2x components destroyed before blowing up. Also, it’s up to the player to choose which components to destroy, as long as the amount of components destroyed reaches the amount of machine blowing up.

And for Rivals, there would be one extra component to be destroyed based on the class limit. E.g when regular military hunter needs 3x components destroyed, Rival military hunter would need 4x components destroyed before going down.

3 Likes

Thanks for your previous reply;))I believe with chance for “Lucky” shot,when badly damaged machine will attack anyone around,game could be more interesting,cuz you can see your skill effect.Machines can’t be well protected in all points.Always,you can find a weak spot and use it against machine)As for me,I sometimes feel disappointed when machines reach organized by me AT mine field and stay on their own legs after mine’s detonation.Why,for example,close mine explosion can’t cut their limbs,damaging all external weaponry (I mean hunter/tank class) and make following fight much easier?!Will be fun to see tank on the ground without one leg!:sunglasses:
Decision make from robots bullet sponges,when they stay in the fight without 5 from 7 critical components,as for me ruining all game atmosphere :smirk::thinking:

2 Likes

I like this. It would bring more distiction between the different classes and one would have to think a little more when taking out a larger machine. This would also mean better use of component view and collected blueprints.

3 Likes

Exactly my point. :+1:

Moreover, it also makes sense for machine not to go down until certain amount of components are destroyed. Since currently, you can destroy the machine when shooting at it’s main frame, without hitting any components what-so-ever. E.g last week i destroyed FNIX hunter while shooting only at it’s foot (since that sticked out behind corner).

Hacking specialization covers that in the game. And if disorientation is achieved by shooting out machine’s optics (which would make sense) it also makes Hacking specialization and Remote Hacking skill obsolete. In that case, i and all others who have spend skill points there want their skill points back.

Back in the early days, land mines had far more realistic feel where it took only one land mine to destroy: any runner, any hunter, proto harv and proto tank. I can’t remember if military harv and tank needed one or two land mines but FNIX harv and tank needed 2 land mines to kill them from full HP.

This realistic damage made things far too easy since back then, you only needed 2 land mines to take down FNIX tank. Just run up to the tank, drop 2 land mines at it’s feet, run away, tank stepped on the land mines and BOOM, no more FNIX tank.

While the complete machine dismemberment is fun to see, i think it wasn’t added to the game due to the console hardware limitations. Even now, we have dismemberment of machine armor plates and weapons when you blow up the machine but consoles struggle to render all that.

At some point, devs even shortened the time of dismembered parts remaining in the game. Now, those despawn in 5 seconds or so, leaving only machine body to loot. In the early days, those parts remained as long as the machine body remained.

Even in the forums, there are few console players who like the dead machines to despawn even faster, topic: Fix frame rate with new setting/PLEASE READ

3 Likes

Yeah, as I slowly get more experienced I notice that killing enemies are getting more and more tedious and frankly, sometimes even boring.

I think land mines should be a very powerful weapon, but in return sneaking up at a harvester to place them should be very risky. Perhaps all tanks/harvesters should be able to release gas (even though I really hate gas) as a close perimeter defense? Just riffing

2 Likes

I never used Hacking Specialization,thinking it’s useless,because if you can not get instant control over hacked robot you can solve a problem with bullet.Thanks,for your explanation :+1:Yeap,I totally agree with your point of view about console hardware limitations :thinking:cuz I would like to see my results on the field after battle :sunglasses:Also,I remember good ol’ days when using mines make sense and here I support Kompani_Iboholmen idea about mines;))I and many of others players wanna to see heavy weaponry work as fast and effective way to destroy the robot.I believe Devs could make it))Mbe,it’s will be rare,with smaller chance for spawn,but it’s must overpowered,because currently no big difference between small arms and AT mines/Rocket launcher.

2 Likes