PLEASE add April 2020 Difficulty as an option in the future

I just played the patch. Hunters have now been neutered. I was dancing around 5 or 6 FNIX Hunters, and their shoulder canon couldn’t even hit me. Their flechette guns were barely any better. I REALLY enjoyed the April 2020 difficulty. Now Hunters feel like blindfolded drunk toddlers. An FNIX Tank was barely any better. I was shooting it, I hid behind a wall to reload, I get back into view, and the Tank is shooting at the other side of the building. What will prototype and military Hunters do? Come shake my hand?

I was very much loving the accuracy of all the robots in the April 2020 patch. I expected GZ to get soft as so many whined about the difficulty, and I was right. You can only go as fast as the slowest person in front of you on a one lane road.

I used to be genuinely afraid of the robots. I had to plan every move out. I had to scope out each area to plan my attack. I had to strategically pick at each robot from a distance to make sure I would survive in a specific area and not eat up 30 health packs.

Please strongly consider adding the precision of the April 2020 patch in a new difficulty mode. “Punishing” would be a proper name for it.

11 Likes

+1 from me… Just nerf the gas grenades of Military Hunters a bit, and lave everything else alone :wink:

4 Likes

I like whenever i get to plan a attack just like you. In the newest patch I don’t need to fear the robots. They’re worse than stormtroopers att there aim.

So that didn’t change ? What about gas resistance (mask/skill), is this finally in a working state again ?

I’ve noticed a lot of people asking for the machine behavior post April update to be left alone
Problem is that new players may potentially be scared off by this duifficulty spike
I personally don’t play a lot of rage games (cup head and dark souls for example) so I’d personally prefer that the machines be fixed
But I want to try and come up with a compromise
How’s this sound for gen zeros duifficulty settings
Adventure (easy mode)
Skirmish (pre April update duifficulty
Gorilla (post April update skirmish/adventure duifficulty)
Apocalypse (post April update gourilla behavior

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Exactly the same here, when i 1st started out and when April '20 AI bug came.

Haven’t played the new update as of yet and don’t know how toned-down the game now is. But most likely to the level of pre-April '20 update.

For the name, i think “Armageddon” is a good fit for such difficulty level.

1 Like

I agree, I think there are more tweaks than just the gas to be made but I really liked the high lethality of the machines and though I have been playing on console and so haven’t had the update yet just looking at how little resistance Tenebris had from the rivals in his video (yes, I don’t care about being spoiled) I know that I will have no problems with any of the machines going forward.

And as far as a name for the new difficulty… “Undergång” just to keep it swedish.

So, I tried it myself.
Went to the airfield and charged into a groupf of hunters, a few runners and a harvester, all FNIX class.
I only got hit twice, one time when I stood still and a runner rocket hit me after missing two times,
and the second time when I charged two hunters who were chilling in the corner.

I can’t help but feel like the team keeps overcompensating.
People say the game is too easy, the make it extremely hadcore and uninviting to newcomers, people, myself included, complain that the game is too hard now, devs make the game easier than it was before, to the point where it almost plays itself.

I hope the team gets there stuff together, because I normally really like the game, but if this keeps up I’m out.

What mode where you on?

Skirmish Difficulty, I think.

Try guerrilla and adventure see what that’s like you can’t judge a book until you have read all the pages! Or in this case all the difficulties! How do you know guerrilla isn’t April machine strength? Test! :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe a separate Hardcore game mode?

No missions… just machine-grinding painful pleasure.

That is exactly what I had hoped for. A 4 or 5 tier difficulty rating.

I have ONLY played on guerilla. What Fraeddy mentioned is exactly what I experienced in guerilla. I have seen 1 or 2 replies of people mentioning it is now easier than Pre April 2020. So maybe the easiness is accidental? I can’t imagine a logical reason to making it easier than what it was Pre April.

Honestly, it fells like (and I hope that’s the case) the machine’s pathfinding and aim have become bugged.
Like when the team tried to tone down the difficulty, something went wrong.

Because some of the new behavior doesn’t seem intentional.

I really hope that’s the case, because if it is a bug, there could be a hotfix out soon.

Ironically, I put similar to this in the discord earlier.

I thought as a kind of ironic nod to “what used to be” just call the difficulty… " April Update " :rofl:

Posting withdrawn by author

1 Like

Difficulty’s a hard thing to master, let alone so it pleases everybody. Adventure, Skirmish and Guerilla were added so people who enjoy higher difficulty can do so at will. Guerilla as it is right now is hard, without the annoying bugs and lightning reflexes that came with April Update. I tried Guerilla as it is now, and I did my best and I still got my ass kicked.

But I have my doubts that we’re going to see Guerilla become more hardcore than it’s been balanced to with FNIX Rising. In the end some are going to want more regardless how difficult it gets, but they’ll have to accept that it can be very difficult to balance the “fun factor” with “frustration”.

3 Likes

Thank you all. I played for about an hour this morning and was too tired to provide details as some of you did.

Much of what you mentioned is exactly what I wanted to write a war and peace article on, but I was too sleepy.

The Hunters standing still, not shooting, shooting and missing too often, etc. The Hunters have been turned from a worthy advisory to a windshield bug annoyance equivalent.

I can’t put this game down because of the atmosphere. It is everything I love. 80’s style music, crazed industrial robots, beautiful scenery, etc. But unlike the people that rage quit because they whined it was too hard, I am not going to rage quit because I think it is too easy. I will have 10 disabled Harvesters chase me if I have to in order to provide that crazed need of mine. Oh and you guys know how the Harvesters and Tanks like getting up close and personal when you destroy their missle launchers. :grimacing:

1 Like

We need a meme on that
You: Ha just sniped off dat stupid tanks weapons im so far away he cant do anything
Tank: Oh yeah bruv? ( walks at super speed )
You (turning around after killing a hunter quick) where were we? HOLY CRAP HES RIGHT IN MY FACE