Generation zero ideas

OOOOH, naughty…
I love that!!! XD
I added this for other players, for me, as you probably know, i feel the same as you do, miss.
But yeah, depriving ALL to other players is maybe… a tad harsch?
Still, I’d love if they’d also followed into the safe houses!
But it’s not just me, is it, miss. :slight_smile:

Now, the current machine toughness and a boosted Machine/Game AI… you’ll never ever get away.
Trust me.
I did not think light over this, miss.
If implemented well, one can easily half the toughness and life bar, and still be beaten into a pulp.
“Instant” reaction alone will prove dang deadly.
Too bad, I am no coder, I would love to show you what I meant, miss…

Still, I do respect your opinion!
Don’t get me wrong, please.
But even with 1/3rd the current machine toughness, they will be HEAVY…

Also, the suggestion I made in bullets, was mere an example.
I said in the beginning, the numbers will be a far fetch, lol. :wink:

Good point.
Thank you.

Also true.
Another good point, miss.

Peculiar… I do not notice an increase in scaling towards my “abilities”?
Or am I completely numb to it? o_O
Tres bizarre.

Thank you very much, miss. :slight_smile:

@Dusty
I did partially pointed to this, indeed, but as I stated, the numbers are mere examples, not to be taken serious.
No matter which values they will have, it is the system I rather wanted to point out. :slight_smile:

Thank you, sir!

NICE, I’ll implement this in the final form.

Thank you, sir @Kompani_Iboholmen.
Seeing you approve, and hopefully, none will disapprove, we’re one step closer to adding this. :smiley:

I’m pleased you participate, for which my thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While lands mines should be powerful weapons, most players don’t sneak up to the machines to lay the mines down. Instead they sprint to the machine, drop the mines during running and get the hell out of there before machine steps on the mine and blows up. <- This kind of tactic was very common in the early days when land mines (and gas tanks alike) had realistic level of damage dealt. Heck, even that old cheese tactic is still present in GZ wiki, under Land Mine section: https://generation-zero.fandom.com/wiki/Land_Mine

Since land mines and gas tanks were OP, devs did reduce their damage output.

Not everything needs to be instant gratification…

I’ve found use for the Hacking specialization and while it does have cool down timer and success rate, the wait doesn’t hurt since it fits my slow play style (sneak&snipe). Run&gun players, yes, don’t have use of Hacking since they don’t have time to wait around.

The issue with land mine deployment (actually any item deployment) is that all that can be done standing up and while running. To avoid the old cheese tactic, devs may need to set some restrictions to their placement.
Here, i mean that to place any place-able item (field radio, gas tank, large EMP, comm array lures, radios etc), player char must be in Crouch. Since it makes sense you to be crouched down when setting up those items. And to place land mine, player char must be in Prone, to simulate the delicate placement and priming of land mine.

Btw, they are machines, not robots.

Well, your whole idea is making new, even harder game mode. Why hold back there? :thinking:

With “ON” Auto Scaling, the more players join your game, the more machines can spawn at once, to engage with all of you. There is no difference when playing solo though.

1 Like

“And to place land mine, player char must be in Prone, to simulate the delicate placement and priming of land mine.”
Not really like this…I am sure you heard or have been read about “walking mine field” or special tactic for AT troops groups.It was in use by Germans and Soviet armies in WW2,Chinese in Korea and Vietnam and many others conflicts.Tactic is simple:group,armed with AT grenades,Molotov cocktails and AT mines,using landscape or any others covers rapidly attacking enemy armored vehicles or tanks throwing grenades/mines on top/under the vehicles,blowing or seriously damaged them,and fall back behind main forces lines.
Sorry,of course machines​:+1::wink:

2 Likes

Never been in the army, so, i got 0 clue about this.

Here, i relied on what makes sense and land mine, being sensitive equipment, needs sensitive deployment.
Though, anti-tank pressure mines, that require several tons driving over it, yes, can be thrown on the ground since the 1m fall wouldn’t trigger it’s explosive. However, i’m not that sure about anti-personnel mines, which trigger with only few kg of force. Those could blow up by just dropping them.

1 Like

AT mines requires something around 100kg weight for detonation.If you weight less you can easily walking on the mine field,of course if it’s not mixed with anti personal mines :joy::joy::joy:
“Here, i relied on what makes sense and land mine, being sensitive equipment, needs sensitive deployment.”I totally agree with you,if you not prepared enough,don’t mess with “silent” death:))
By the way,my favorite tactic not run and gun,but more guerilla style-sudden attacks and back to the forest :smirk::wink:

1 Like

I passed basic military training long time ago in Latvia :wink:

2 Likes

I was thinking: a HUGE Underground Maze Bunker.
The end mission would be to kill off another FNIX AI, but the main goal would be to explore and take on a plethora of enemies.
Maybe a new enemy type, specifically intended for said bunker.

The bunker can have a story by itself, with side quests to gain information, or specific items that could unlock X (where X can be anything, such as a pack of them cookie thingies from way back, or a clothing set that is no longer available, or…), it can go far, if one has the imagination.

Which the Dev Team SURELY has.

As for a machine type: I was thinking a spider type, very fast, spraying lethal gas, but further unarmed, and following you everywhere until killed.
It should not be too tough, it’s speed should make up for armour, as trying to hit it would be hard.

Thoughts?

Addendum:
The entrance point would be a FNIX Factory, a really big one, in which all types and classes are made, except for the spiders (if implemented), these would be made on one of the lowest sections of the complex.
The factory would be heavily guarded, naturally, and very hard to infiltrate…

1 Like

first off new update working nice.

1. Prone: When standing tap crouch button and crouch, then when crouched tap and you stand or when crouched hold and go directly to prone. No more stand then crouch and prone.
  2. My personal biggest problem with this game. Skill Reset: Make a currency and an npc that will exchange currency to reset your skills. You get currency from rivals. this way we get to reset but not just anytime on a whim.
  3. When starting new character you basicly have whole new game. you have to do the story over. But you still share storage.

Thanks hope you do these or at least some type of variant of them.
Side note there are still 3 islands not being used hope that changes.

1 Like

I have to say, your 3 points are some of the most important right now, trying to change all the changes made and just criticizing won´t do much.
But this things are actually important, they give move value to the game (2 and 3) as well giving it more comfort (1)

List of features asked for, merged to proper topic.

//Mod

Some ideas i think would be nice is firework rockets to give a little more distance of the utility. The Robot idea i have it to make a apoc seeker leave behind a radiated area so it would be a bigger threat then just calling out the the other robots. the mechanics i would thing would be cool is the ability to shot the robots eyes to temporarily blind them for a period of time, wile blind they would shoot wildly damaging there own. Just some thoughts i had wile playing.

2 Likes

Not bad ideas honestly. The one I really like is the apocalypse seeker because that would be a good deterrent. And shooting the optic sensors could possibly work but it would take away some of the challenge. And the firework ammo would make sense as there is already smoke and emp rounds.

1 Like

List of ideas merged with collective topic.

//Mod

While I actually LOVE this idea, sir… it would not be good, I think, to implement this (at current time).
Seeing, well… they already fail beyond any reason to be a threat?

But I REALLY love the idea.
If the machine AI gets fixed, hell, chalk me up for some…

First time posting so here’s to hoping I do this right! SPOILERS

SPOILERS (Figured I would add it again just to be safe)

After playing FNIX Rising and Alpine Unrest, I was thinking of what’s to come for the game. We see a tougher class of machines and know there are survivors out there, so what else can be done? What else could they add without it becoming too much of a grind with the same kind of missions over and over?

For one, I was thinking of a different type of machine. If these machines are geared towards “learning us” or progressively getting more tough, perhaps a new type of machine will be introduced. A camouflaged or invisible machine that stalks you maybe? A submersible type that burrows in the earth? Machines that vary attacks such as stunning you and you cant see or uses an adhesive to immobilize you? Just spitballing what can make it unique and add content with machines.

Another thought for future additions is related to the added destruction that is around the landscape, particularly the farmlands. We have seen more and more destroyed buildings and craters left in the ground with updates. I think it will continue to the point where the island is overrun with machines and you will have to battle back to take out different FNIX outposts, similar to the end of FNIX Rising. It seems like this game has been set up to lead to more and more survivors being found and resistance groups being formed focusing on smash and grab operations. I hope it doesn’t turn to different human factions battling against each other as I would rather the fight stay focused on the machines.

I would love some tutorials on how to use the recycling station and crafting stations but will just have to keep searching, unless any of you have any resources to point me to.
All that aside, I’m happy with the game. There are things I would like to be different and features I would like added, but all in all this is one of my favorite games for sure. Very interested to see where the future of this game will go! What are some things you all think will be added or where do you think the game will go?

1 Like

Glad to hear you like the game and as far as the crafting goes is there something in particular you need help with? Also I really like the battle back ideal and agree that I don’t really want to fight human.

2 Likes

I missed the memo on how to use the crafting and recycling stations and how they work. I’ve read that there’s schematics now? I’ve been collecting all the steel, adhesive, plastic and anything else I can get just because I’m unsure of how and when to use them.

1 Like

Whenever you get schematics Schematics - Fixed Locations
they will tell you what supplies you need at a crafting station. As for the salvage station you can break down unwanted stuff for crafting materials.

2 Likes

Let me know if you have other questions and if I can help I will👍🏼

2 Likes

EXCELLENT!! Thank you so much!

2 Likes