generationzero_F has stopped working crash

my game crashes a lot bc of this and i have already allowed it in my firewall but i still get this crash

I see a lot of reports of it not running properly. Keep in mind we are in day 2 so a patch should be coming soon! Let’s request a health update for the game also, if you see anyone suggest new content remind them we need patches for the games health first for it to be playable for all! :slight_smile:

yeah thank you, i would just post it to let you know
if i see someone post anything i let them know :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Remember the days a game would go live and it would just work??? Am i really that old that i’m the only one to remember that and expect a game to run? Sure there might be balance stuff etc. A glitch in the game itself. But you could still start up and play something. These days ppl seem to think its normal you cant when you buy a game. Raise your standards ppl, ffs. If we don’t go back to what we used to expect things will only get worse for games.

1 Like

Things are very different now then back then. I do remember those days but do you remember how much content there was? Little to none really. Plus there were bugs then, in fact some people who got bad copies were really out of luck. No patches and not as complex. They were good don’t get me wrong I know what you mean. I love for instance Spyro and Jak and Daxter. Games that worked out of the box, but believe it or not there are issues with them both. If it be enemy spawn issues, collectible errors. Falling through the world or worst of them all. Being completely corrupt and unplayable, but things are so much different. Its a case by case base at times. Personally I have had maybe a bug here and there that are not at all game breaking and i can easily work around it. Others not so much.

We do have to expect patches and such to fix these things. Its our job to make sure it happens as well. We have to set the standard that we expect it to work first above all. Patches first content later. Most games now pound content before balancing. They follow what the people want and most of the time people want more.

Alot of the issues I have seen have either been solved or addressed here:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

"do you remember how much content there was? Little to none really."
Hell yes there was, more then enough to play it. Take for ex Zelda 64. More then enough content to keep going for a long time. Decent price, and no updates where possible so it had to be as good as they could get it. Sure there where bugs in it. But no where NEAR the lvl of bugs in games these days. The bugs back then didn’t make the game unplayable as today they do today. But now a days you get ppl playing it for 24h strait and they need to make the game bigger before ppl complain about no content for the money spend.

"Plus there were bugs then, in fact some people who got bad copies were really out of luck. No patches and not as complex"
Games had communities that fixed a lot of the problems. It wasn’t from the dev’s but even if you had a problem there was a solution if you knew how to use a computer further then just power on and click icon to play. But consoles are idd different to fix a bug in.

"but believe it or not there are issues with them both."
Yes, very much so. But non that stopt you from playing the game right out of the box. A simple restart fixed most of the game stopping problems. I never had a game back in the day before patches and pre-releases that didn’t work right out of the box.

“If it be enemy spawn issues, collectible errors. Falling through the world or worst of them all. Being completely corrupt and unplayable”
You mean like now but at a lot higher price and lot less solutions then the copy past answers EVERY company has as a solution? Like FAQ as support and finding a human to help is hard to find and even slower to get the right help. I have yet to find a game with decent support for a bug other then “it’s your PC that’s the problem”. What every IT/programmer i know (familie is nearly all IT/programmer and a lot of my friends) tells me it’s the game as everything the support tells me is just a copy past from a manual or they go in to the code deeper and find out the problem is in the game.

"We have to set the standard that we expect it to work first above all. Patches first content later"
100% agree with you there. But atm companies want to get the money sooner then later and they put out games that are unstable just to get the money asap. As a result a lot of ppl give a bad review, and thy lose money. Making a game that could be good go down in flames. All because they pushed the programmers. And i have seen this first hand. Programmers saying it will take 3 months. And CEO’s etc saying you got 1. And as a result they get overrun with work and costs later on because they rushed important stuff to get the money from sales faster. My experience in every company i ever worked at (i did outsourcing a few years) has taught me this. Ppl in management, and studied management don’t know there head from there ass. Ppl that did the job they are now managing are a HELL of a lot better at it.

I guess I’m coming at this with a perspective of having corrupt copies of a game. One’s where something didnt spawn and I have a few where entering a level at the start of the game freezes everything.

I should say, that you are right that games back then did just work for the most part. I do think that because of the level of complexity and amount of things in a game now-a-days there are so many problems that need to be fixed in a game. They can not catch them all. THEY COULD, but that part where they want money does come in. They release a game before its complete to grab cash and fix whats known and not known that they see from the community.

I also am a person who loves early access. For whatever reason. I bring up DayZ a lot because even as buggy as it is I love it to death. I came into those kind of games knowing full well that there will be problems. So going into this I do have a level of “What will the problems be?”

Should there be any? No
Can I forgive them? I will
Am I a complex person who has standards for video games yet buys early access titles that are known to have problems?
Its…possible :wink:

TLDR;
Dev’s could release games without large bugs. They should, if something like this happens I do give them a change to redeem it and fix these things quickly.

P.S
The chickens in Zelda freaked me out but not the zombies when I was a kid. Why did I have to remember that? lol

A Day-Z, yhea i have that game aswell. Even with all the bugs it was fun. But you could get in the game and have fun with the bugs. I don’t mind ALL the bugs in a just released game. But getting “in” the game should be something that should work right of the bat :stuck_out_tongue:

Run the game as Administrator and turn off any mouse 3rd party software, worked for me, several hours of gameplay no random crash yet =)