Gnomes Mask and Gnomes Pod ¡Mysteries!

This is getting way out of hand… Salthamn too :confused:

3 Likes

This is starting to become a bit of a pain now. Hagaboda used to be one of my go to places for loot. Now every time I go there inactive gnomes are all over the place. I try for a while to get them active but get fed up and give up. Looting is now pointless trying because doors and boxes are mostly closed. Hagaboda ruined and now Salthamn will probably be the same.
If the gnomes are going to stay in the game please make it slightly easier for solo players, everything seems to be geared for MP at the moment.

3 Likes

For me it’s just the other way round, no Gnomes in Hagaboda and mostly no machines, except some Ticks… (that possibly failed to become a Gnome ? :man_shrugging: )

Went to Salthamn yesterday but no Gnomes and only about 5 Runners. Shot up the whole place but…

I guess it’s no Gnome masks for me then… :man_shrugging:

ive frantically searched for users on their discord to join my game to unbrick the gnomes.
I’m interested in setting up a gnome kill team, if not to help join the search, to at least have someone around to invite to a game so the gnomes activate.
my discord name on the gen z discord is norz; i play on steam.
*i will only gnome hunt if we wear different masks. we flex drip.

Patience, if solo run back and forth between the brown houses NW and the grey house next to Alby church and eventually you’ll find one that is active. Happy hunting.
Edit: clearify

Wow… today was the first time I managed to spawn Gnomes in Hagaboda and to also get them activated :+1:
The first time it happened in one of the brown houses NW but the space was narrow and after about 40-50 Gnometicks GZ decided to pass out. No wonder when I think of all those rattling sounds… lol
But I got two masks during that session (red and green)

That was followed by two 0 sessions with only inactive Gnomes around Hagaboda, or better said nearly inactive… At the end of the 2nd session I found an active Gnome in the grey house by the church but when I tried to activate it with “E” the process seemed to be stuck in the middle and nothing happened.
After that the pink outline was still there, but no “E to take” and the damned thing did nothing any more…

4th session I nearly gave up as nothing seemed to activate but the Gnome in the grey house by the church gave me a surprise… :sunglasses: This time nothing crashed and during that session I got about 6-7 masks with several duplicates but this time the blue, undead and machine masks found their way into my inventory… :+1:

I don’t really know why it worked today but to mention it, at the beginning of the first session I stumbled over 2 packs of Lynxes right behind the northern gate to Hagaboda. Seems to have been some kind of initial ignition, because after that the Gnomes spawned every time. :man_shrugging: But stayed inactive in 50% of the cases.

3 Likes

Not bad.
I’m still waiting for the undead mask, the machine mask and a third one. I have got red, green, blue and gold.
The two times I had luck in Hagaboda, there was no lynx at all in or around the town.

I had a couple of goes at Hagaboda yesterday. Every time I go I have inactive gnomes and have never found an active one. On both occasions, for the first time, I found one with a pink outline and the interact banner but nothing happened. does this mean I’m getting closer to an active gnome?

Keep trying, they will work eventually. Alternatively invite another player. As soon as they approach the gnomes they’ll start working for you. Usually.

Although, then you might hit the bug where you take damage trying to loot them. Just keep trying.

1 Like

Yep. Go out and make more mischief.

Had another two runs, one two days ago in the house by the church that gave me several masks but mostly duplicates. At least the yellow one dropped, too, so it’s 6/7 masks so far for me.

Yesterday the activated Gnome was in one of the brown houses NW of Hagaboda, 4 masks but all duplicates, sadly no gold/silver mask…

This is, where I often find gnomes.

At the orange circle often I find the first one.
Gnome in the kitche, door locked.

The green circle is my favorite one. Gnome in the kitchen, doors locked, but with the help of a tactical shield I’m able to reach the roof and to enter through the door of the balcony.

At the blue circle I often have a gnome in each house. About the half of them in general is still enterable. Gnomes in the hallway.

2 Likes

On a sidenote…

If you find an activated Gnome never get distracted and leave it alone, it might vanish… :confused:

I found an active Gnome, got distracted by some Lynxes strolling around on the outside, left the house to get rid of them, returned… and… :sob: So better don’t do this… :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

New potential gnome location. (Well, new to me)

Behold, the levitating gnome of Skrankebol.

3 Likes

Well damn. They are evolving… :laughing:

2 Likes

You on PS5 and this is working now ?

Shield is a great tip :+1::+1:

Yes.
But I’m not sure if I’m glad or sad about that, as the game now is in a state where it is very often very unstable.

1 Like

My gnomes finally activated over a couple of days and I got 4 masks(the basic colours) and many duplicates but now I only seem to “bugged” gnomes. A couple I have found that spawn invisible ticks. The sounds are still there but nothing at all visible, another has the outline but nothing else and yet another that has the outline and the interact button that doesn’t work.
Do other people have these other variations?

1 Like

Yes, I noticed this too.

The invisible gnome ticks often became visible after turning away or leaving the room.
Sometimes they just are below the ground. Then they either glitch through the floor or appear outside of the houses.

The last days sometimes there where multiple gnomes in one. By trying to activate “the gnome” a horde of tick gnomes (all gnomes activated by one action) spawned and immediatly killed me.

And yesterday me and my friend had a couple of lynx around who activated the gnomes in the houses by using their grenades. It was a hard battle against the lynx AND the gnomes.