Gnomes Mask and Gnomes Pod ¡Mysteries!

I’m starting to think the gnomes need to be removed from the game. Not permanently, but reworked, so that the surrounding areas where they can spawn don’t lose interactivity. It only confuses players and doesn’t seem to work much like an easter egg.

5 Likes

Agreed. Fractionally easier to spawn and fractionally easier to predict would be good. Not remove permanently as they sound like fun when/if you do get them.

From my experience / experimenting the more control points FNIX have, the more likely they are to spawn. If you clear your map of FNIX bases then they go back to being hard to spawn and having to blow stuff up etc.

In all honesty I don’t think they’re a “feature” but rather a bug / experiment. They feel unfinished (not that that’s unusually for GZ) but they almost feel like a debug tool to show when the game is in a poor state.

But until a developer weighs in on this we’ll never know, and as far as I know they’ve never acknowledged their existence. A couple of years ago they were barely seen, but since the FNIX bases are added they’re everywhere in Hagaboda, and if I see them in Östervik then I know to get out of Dodge because it will just crash.

4 Likes

I work on a ship so the internet is way to slow to play on line therefore I was playing off-line so not possible to invite someone during that run.

Will try again when I get home and can play with friends.

Also worth noting that I have not installed latest update yet.

Still working post update , it did require multi player to trigger gnome though, love this undead mask!

2 Likes

I like the machine mask best.

2 Likes

Hopefully get one soon :+1:

1 Like

Got all seven masks today within two hours.

3 Likes

Is MP the only way to activate them? I spent all day blowing up Hagaboda yesterday and they just sat there mocking me.

1 Like

No, because I always play solo, and I have got them to spawn, and then to get them interactable. Read here. But this was just before the new dawn update.

What I can suggest is when you have an inactive gnome, do some more shooting up, but be subtle, don’t shoot up everything at once, check back regularly, and repeat.

1 Like

I get only normal Ticks to spawn in the houses… :man_shrugging:

But I also never encountered any “hiccups” in the game like massive framedrops or inactive doors, boxes, etc.

Nice set ! :v::v:……. ….

I think it’s easier MP and you can share the spoils, but I wouldn’t have known without this method being posted I was looking in wrong area before !

Thanks for that but have read your post before and did exactly as suggested, shoot, go check, shoot some more, but nothing. I don’t think there could have been anything left to shoot.
The only difference I had was that I did nothing to spawn them, they were just there when I loaded the game and fast travelled there.

You also could do gas-tank explosions near but not to close to the gnomes. And firework boxes if you have some. It it even possible to get active gnomes without shooting up town, but I found that even more random then make a hell of a racket.

Ok ta. I’ll give it all a go.

Hey, I managed to spawn the gnomes 6 times in a row by myself, of my 8 attempts. I did the same exact thing each time.
I’ll do a video if need be, but this should work 80% of the time.
Bring about 30 rockets, spawn to thar church in the forest region called kyrkholjden, north of ostervik. Bow up a few houses, including the brown house and the gnome spawn house, coords 1180, -120. There’s that warehouse full of gas tanks by the shore, blow that up because it looks cool.
So you finished part 1! Part 2: fast travel to the safe house south of the church, nyhamnen. Walk north, blow up some cars and houses as you get to haga. Be sure to keep heading north till you get a slightly above ostervik; there’s that warehouse I like to blow up. Looks sick. Part 2 complete.
Part 3: ? ? ? ?
Part 4: now that you’ve blown up a good amount, head east ish, down haga, alongside the docks, blow up cars. Once you are south of the church (first spawn we did part 1) there should be some cars and junction boxes that can’t be destroyed. At this point go the the gnome house, blow a few more stuff to be sure.
If it doesn’t spawn, fast travel back down south, check the houses by haga, blow some more stuff up and repeat.

1 Like

lol, so i made the video.

1 Like

But was that gnome active?

nope! until someone joins my game, then it becomes active, either for myself only or the other player in game. the 3rd time i reset my game to do this run, i had an active gnome. if you are going to do this, make sure you have a friend just in case or you’ll drive yourself mad.

*i’ve heard console players can just reload the game and the gnome will remain there and be active. this has never worked for me on steam.

1 Like