Homebase Gone, Update February 21.02.2023

Platform: PC but playing on XBOX app

Description: Tyloveden base gone after update as stated above. Only base that i have with all the stuff for home defense all gone.

Steps To Reproduce: Go to spot and it was a capturable point again. No item returned to inventory

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1.

Specifications: PC gtx 2080

Throwing my name in the hat in case there are some resources that get thrown our way. I’m also assuming the response is “well this is an alpha” or something.

So any news about this from “official” side about the new mission that obviously borked the homebases of all those who already played the initial mission ?

Whether we have to take the losses and play on ? Or if there will be some kind of hotfix or a compensation of lost stuff or whatever !?

At least I’m totally glad that I’ve come here first while updating the game and decided to not even bother with starting the game… Well done…

1 Like

Just one simple idea for “compensation”:

You cannot compensate every single personal loss, but what they could do is to give us a simple assignment which gives us lots of ressources and ammo, that may have got lost, directly into the fmtel-box, plus maybe something special like 5c or 6c weapons, attachments, schematics,…
Now they don’t need space in any station and can be taken if you need them.

Of course this assignment should have a larger time until it disappears (1 month?).

if storing in the bases isnt on purpose then why give it that ability?

It’s not a storage, it’s for improving or specializing the damage output of the defensive structures or in case of the medical trailers an automatic healing system.
Did you ever do a base defense?

Try putting emp rockets into the rocket turrets and 7.62 shock ammo into the pillboxes.

While the rockets disable the machines, and the pillboxes deal damage to multiple targets because of the chain lightnings, you can take out the rest with your exp pvg easily.
Quite fun.

1 Like

Sooooo, since i don’t want to lose my base at Tylöveden i guess i just wont be starting GZ any time soon. Not until the next patch is out atleast and that is what, 6 months away?

Hopefully, this will get a hotfix…

Let’s hope that assignments will work again until then… ;-/

2 Likes

Well, the semla one worked…

Of course. Have you ever lost an unattended base? I havent since base building began.

Eh, yes, two times now due to bugs.
First time was when the control points / base assault got introduced, second time with this update.

But besides of that I don’t understand what you want to tell me with your question.

IF you havent updated you can remove all structures from the base.
I did that with the cement ones, but left the rest (95% of the base), i thought it was affecting just a few users…wrong lol.
At least you get the resources back.
I more upset about the fact that it took me a lot of time to build and put the structures in the right spot.

Either that or just remove all structures to get the resources.

No one who did QA for this update noticed their base missing? Or the constant crashing?

Who knows how they tested?
Maybe they always use a fresh installation.
How else should they be able to test the new replaced missions?
For counter testing they just need to watch in a further progressed world if this new mission is available. If not, everythings fine.

I feel that this is the main problem.

You can easily check if new things work as intended. But you cannot do everything else to prove that nothing else is affeced negatively.

Too late… :roll_eyes::confused:

Steam performed the usual auto update yesterday and in the meantime I visited the forums to see some good news about the update…
I guess you can imagine my astonishment to read about those severe bugs… :confused:

1 Like

All of them?

Can you try and restore an older save game?

My game didn’t crash much at all, and when I tested the new content none of my bases were missing.

So there was nothing to report. But now I’m in the same boat as everyone else, so something must’ve happened down the line.

1 Like

Yes exactly, during bug fixes! How about during gaming sessions? All im saying, is all games are open to interpretation. Doesnt mean that I have to play according to Devs intentions for base building. If one finds a way to exploit weaknesses in the game I say use them to your advantage.

i also lost my base in tyloveden, all the materials and rifle, sniper and rocket launcher ammo of the torrets and also all the meds that a put in the med truck.