Homebase Gone, Update February 21.02.2023

Didn’t say the opposite.
But you can’t expect more if it wasn’t the initial intention and you can’t complain if you lose everything stored there.

But you may complain, that this bug removed your base of course.

I just hope it just happens once and not every time you build there a base, leave the game and come back later.

Hi. I had a base build at Tyloveden for almost 200h of playing. Now I returned after few weeks and new update and my whole base is gone and I have a neutral point there. Is this new updates fault? All the cement I used etc is gone.

Moved to thread covering the issue.

//Mod

Hey! Dont accuse me of complaing! Im simply stating my views.EOC for me.

Didn’t know that complaints are something bad one could be accused to. :roll_eyes:

Complaints may be totally legit.

Btw, I’m sorry that you took it personally, it was meant more common. Maybe I should have used “man” instead of “you”. English is not my first language, I often just write how it comes to my mind.

1 Like

Zesiir is correct. When developing you can have as many QA’s you want, and bugs will still show in new content and previous content of a game or any programming of any kind honestly. The larger the fixes the more likely something else will be affected. Testing is not full proof. Even Skyrim even has bugs. All changes have positives and possible bugs, which why fixes that will need to be done. The game is expanding in development, which is a good thing not a bad thing. that means it’s still alive and not going away anytime soon. Which I am very happy about.

3 Likes

Could not agree with you more.

I lost Tyloveden base as well. Did I lose anything? Yes I did. But I can farm that again and so rebuilt my base. I might even rebuild the rebuilt but am not so sure I will. I have several supply caches at bases I consider might not be affected by updates. But one can never be sure!

Assignments are not working. That is annoying but I am good with it. Enjoying the semla hunt and obtaining the new skins using base assaults.

All good for my gaming right now.

2 Likes

Same here. Lost a fully fleshed out base, HUNDREDS of rockets I had saved up, thousands of rounds of 7.62, not to mention the first aid supplies & all the adrenaline shots in the medical trailer. I asume all my mules lost their stuff there as well.

This is some real Bethesda level BS. Did they not bother to test this?

1 Like

@Zesiir already said that in his playtests this didn’t occured.

And one more time:
Who cares about the 7.62 ammo?
If I’d play 2h an evening, I’d end up with over 10.000 rounds having found.
For rockets almost the same. I always go out with 25 rockets in my pocket and in general I just use them for base assaults to smash the walls. So after a few hours, even with one or two base assaults inbetween, I often end with about 60 rockets in my pocket.
And don’t forget about crafting, if you’re really in need of them…

Nothing you lost really is worthy, because it’s not rare. It’s just hoarded stuff you never would have used actively.

About two years ago I would have agreed. There often where times when ammo could have become rare so that you were forced to switch weapons.

Stay cool.

1 Like

Anytime a players progress is completely wiped because something was not properly tested is inexcusable. How was it tested? On a fresh install? Obviously by the complaints in this thread on multiple platforms its not hard to produce. Simply let the game update & go to play where you left off.

I for one don’t appreciate having to waste my time grinding for materials or farming for ammo again to replace something that was built up over months of playtime because of an update. So I replace it all then what? It all goes up in smoke again on the next patch or update? Rinse & repeat? No thanks!

2 Likes

We just lost a control point, structures, ammo and all; we were trying to understand what happened: if you ignore too long a base defense mission do you lose that control point? How can control point be lost?

Would this be the Tylöveden CP? There’s currently a bug that causes it to unpack itself, related to the latest update. Bases should not be doing this, I think.

Yes, it is. Is there any way to get back command tokens and resources? Structures aside, we had tens of thousands of ammo in the turrets (and we already reclaimed it, hoping it doesn’t unpack itself again for the command tokens).

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying. I’ve moved this to the main thread covering the issue.

Unfortunately I have no idea if items or resources can be recovered. I’m hoping the devs can find some way to do it, of course. I’ve lost my fair share of stuff as well.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, I lost my base at Tylövden after this update, it’s now a neutral point. I can’t even claim it, there is no option to, not even a pile of supplies in the centre, it’s just a flat spot now.

I came back with a new character and there was a pile in the centre with the option to claim it, but I’m going to leave it alone for now.

I only lost resources for the base and meds. I can live with losing the resources, but the amount of meds I had was ridiculous!

1 Like

have you heard anything about a update to fix this yet? i’m just curious

1 Like

Keep playing in that region. As soon as one triggers the splash warning on screen that fnix defenses have risen it will then allow one to claim it. Provided one has the command tokens to do so.

So I finally started the game yesterday and as expected, my Tylöveden base was gone… :confused:

But immediately I was greeted by the game with “1250(?) XP gained” and I was able to claim the spot back at least.
Maybe that was for “finishing” the new mission, which I actually did not but it’s marked as completed… :man_shrugging:

Well so much for that, simply annoying…

My 2 ct. ymmv

1 Like

my biggest storage base got unclaimed and now everything is gone. i lost a huge amount of ammo stored in turrets and such. is there anyone else with this problem and if so a solution?

Moved to existing thread.

//Mod