How to get a rival to spawn (guide)

I’m working on an exact guide to cover this area. It’s linked with a special Vanguard build currently at Level 27 that covers weapon drops. There’s also something in WHAT you are carrying at what ammo at the time, but still collating data from everyone so should be ready next week or so.

1 Like

so you need help to level up ? i can join you for the fun same name on steam btw

Oh sorry my friend, I’m just jumping in while I get yet ( more ) data into this build of mine.

Here’s a few tips. Focusing on one area can get tedious, so mop up as many missions, side missions, collectables, etc. Do not kill any rivals, if you meet them - take out everything else - drop a flare and run away. You can let it kill you to rank up but that’s your choice.

Good tip to bulk out ANY area simply involves a Harvester. Leave it well alone, and take out everything around it. Once done, the hunters will no doubt keep being called in. Once the hunters are down, make sure to kill them with straight up ammo not using a gun that chains attacks like the lightning on the Kvm59 and once dead, shoot the harvester a couple more times and more will spawn. Rinse and repeat.

Don’t be keen to keep using adrenaline, if your close to a safehouse - abandon, re-spawn get yourself set and go at it again. Always try to draw the enemys away from the rival, It’s extremely frustrating when a rival gets killed by a machine ( especially at level 4 )

Depending on your level, choose your starting point smart - and look into the Relay Beacon spawns to create your own route of XP, machine kills to boost rivals, and progression to the challenge menu.

Here’s my map 2 days in with my new Vanguard, 38 rivals, 2 up North to do - then Archapelegio region ( 8 )

Happy Hunting

2 Likes

I did exactly what you describe here, although unintentionally. I bought the game a few weeks ago, played through the story and side missions and tried to unlock all place markers. Tbh, I was afraid of the Rivals because my weapons were, for the most part, crap. Found a 5-star Klaucke and, presumably during one of the last misions, a 5-star AI 76. Not that great against tanks and harvesters. In the end, my map looked like yours, and I took a 4-star PVG 90 and tried to ‘clean up’. Result after hundreds of deaths: 8 exp guns, 4 dupes at that. And exp clothes that seem to drop way more often than the guns. Also got a few 5-star attachments. Depending on the perspective, I think I have been lucky, although having 3 exp AG4s isn’t helping anyone…

3 Likes

I’d run an AG4 with AP, and another in slot 2 with FMJ

Break metal with the AP, drop a firework, switch to AG4 FMJ and clean up.
or
Snipe at distance using AP rounds, and have both AG4’s running FMJ.

And on another note, it’s nice to see that the Ai-76 is still available up North as part of the story. I was genuinely gutted that they didn’t make this an experimental instead of the AG4.

1 Like

I’m still not sure about the assault rifles. Early on, I was using the AG4 and got used to it, but to me it seems the AI 76 is slightly easier to control on full auto. I guess it depends on how many shots out of a mag you miss due to the kick vs raw damage output of the gun to get a DPS number. I suck at aiming (looking at you, auto-aim that actively sabotages my efforts) and it feels like I hit slightly more consistently with the AI 76. Might well be my imagination…
Having three exp AG4s in my Plundra mocking me feels awkward :thinking:

1 Like

Extra experimentals… I wish I had such a problem.

What platform do you play on?

I play on steam.

(This is adding characters to my message to hit 20 lol)

Well, there is a good community out there also playing on PC. Not my idea of gaming - but that said - the discord crowd are a very supportive community. Worth introducing yourself and you never know who may crop up that can help.

They have PC specific threads, and general gear and loot trading.

Bring your wallet :slight_smile:

1 Like

A military harvester, lv 4, just dropped my first exp shotty. Had the area on lv. 16 during that run.

Edit: I got one region to lv. 20 - what is the maxed out stat in this case? I’m not even farming right now.

1 Like

Hello, what platform are you playing on? I play ps4 pro and don’t know where to find such a community, I am from Belarus

Hello Nikolai - here’s your best bet…it’s the PS4 specific channel in the official discord. Happy hunting.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trading Community?

You don’t need to let the rival kill you to level it up, I may be staying the obvious, but just killing other machines and avoiding rivals is the quickest and easiest way to get rivals to level up and spawn

3 Likes

It was quite helpfull

Quite so
This is a simple and banal way to upgrade the player, but effectiv one

Is the 2 hour cool down only active when playing the game, or does it count down when you’re not playing the game as well?

This. All cool downs in game count only when you’re playing the game. Including loot containers restock, which is 4 gameplay hours.

Though, do note that Rival cool down is region specific.
For example: lets say you just spawned new Rival in Farmlands. You don’t have to play the game for 2 hours to spawn new Rival in different region. You can just cross the region border and work there to spawn a Rival in e.g Forest region.

In my game i’ve done a round trip spawning Rivals. E.g: starting from South Coast, spawn Rival there, move to Farmlands, spawn rival there, then Forest, then North Coast, then Marshlands then Mountains and by the time i get back to South Coast, 2 gameplay hours have easily passed and i can spawn another Rival in South Coast.

2 Likes

There is one crucial element, that you have to keep in mind, if you want to get harvs/tanks as a rival.

Rival is selected from the normal machines within the region. And if you go around the region, killing off all harvs/tanks (to get the most score towards region level), then do note that you don’t have any harvs/tanks left to become a rival, hence why you get hunters as rivals.

So, if you want harvs/tanks as rivals, don’t kill any of them in the region you’re working in. Since when new rival should spawn, chances are good, it will be harv or tank.

By keeping the above in mind, i have managed to spawn loads of rival tanks in my game.

And at current date, my rivals collection is:

Archipelago

1. lvl3 [proto tank] Resen A-655 (The Fiend of Norra Saltholmen)
  2. lvl4 [proto harv] Ox A-559 (The Menace from Norra Saltholmen)
  3. lvl3 [proto harv] Oxen A-591 (The Oppressor of the Islands)
  4. lvl4 [proto hunter] Jaktmaskin 60 A-418 (The Raider of the Iboholmen Castle)
  5. lvl4 [proto hunter] Jaktmaskin 60 A-424 (The Sentinel of Södra Saltholmen)
  6. lvl3 [proto hunter] Jaktmaskin 60 A-481 (The Sentinel of the Iboholmen Castle)
  7. lvl3 [proto hunter] Ulven A-410 (The Menace from Dyviks Udde)
  8. lvl3 [proto hunter] Ulven A-470 (The Menace from Norra Saltholmen)

Farmlands

1. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Stridsmaskin 90 C-630 (The Ransacker of Dyrboslätten Plains)
  2. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-664 (The Terror of Dyrboslätten Plains)
  3. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-694 (The Boss of the Överby Air Base)
  4. lvl4 [mil tank] Stridsmaskin 90 B-618 (The Ruler of Stora Dyrbo)
  5. lvl4 [mil tank] Stridsmaskin 90 B-672 (The Monster of Östra Mark)
  6. lvl4 [proto tank] Stridsmaskin 90 A-678 (The Oppressor of the Boo Bridge)
  7. lvl4 [proto tank] Resen A-655 (The Sentinel of the Stone Ships)
  8. lvl4 [proto tank] Giant A-629 (The Tyrant of the Farmlands)

Forest

1. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Stridsmaskin 90 C-612 (The Adversary of Society)
  2. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Stridsmaskin 90 C-636 (The Monster of Markbacken)
  3. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-667 (The Plague of Lilla)
  4. lvl4 [mil tank] Stridsmaskin 90 B-639 (The Vandal of the Port)
  5. lvl4 [FNIX harv] Ingenjörsmaskin 80 C-506 (The Beast of Kungsgarden)
  6. lvl4 [FNIX harv] Ingenjörsmaskin 80 C-545 (The Tyrant of Tylöveden)
  7. lvl4 [mil hunter] Jaktmaskin 60 B-442 (The Ransacker of the IGA Factory)
  8. lvl1 [mil hunter] Ulven B-404 (The Top Dog of the Old Town)

South Coast

1. lvl4 [apo tank] Giant D-611 (The Cataclysm of Smatbathamnen)
  2. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-640 (The Dominator of Smatbathamnen)
  3. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-667 (The Terror of Fort Tosberga)
  4. lvl4 [mil tank] Stridsmaskin 90 B-693 (The Unbending)
  5. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-614 (The Monster of Lysehamn)
  6. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-620 (The Commander of Lysehamn)
  7. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-674 (The Conqueror of the Coastline)
  8. lvl4 [mil tank] Resen B-679 (The Sentinel of Hisingafyren)

Mountains

1. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Stridsmaskin 90 C-639 (The Bane)
  2. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-688 (The Chaser)
  3. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Giant C-686 (The Boss of the Mountain)
  4. lvl4 [mil tank] Stridsmaskin 90 B-606 (The Terror of Rusa Klint)
  5. lvl4 [mil tank] Stridsmaskin 90 B-621 (The Ruler of Muskudden)
  6. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-632 (The Dominator of Annagruvan)
  7. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-665 (The Monster of the Railroad)
  8. lvl4 [mil tank] Resen B-676 (The Monster of Klinte)

Marshlands

1. lvl4 [apo tank] Resen D-616 (The Commander of the Bog)
  2. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Stridsmaskin 90 C-600 (The Sentinel of the Marshlands)
  3. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-625 (The Ruler of Alnästet)
  4. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Resen C-658 (The Ransacker of the Marshlands)
  5. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Giant C-656 (The Ransacker of Skvadren)
  6. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Giant C-689 (The Beast of the Rugged Wilds)
  7. lvl4 [mil tank] Resen B-628 (The Horror of the Rugged Wilds)
  8. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-686 (The Plague of Skvadren)

North Coast

1. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Stridsmaskin 90 C-633 (The Vandal of the Viskandet Castle)
  2. lvl1 [FNIX tank] Resen C-628 (The Plague of Havskrogen)
  3. lvl4 [FNIX tank] Giant C-623 (The Top Dog of the North)
  4. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-671 (The Monster of the North)
  5. lvl4 [mil tank] Giant B-680 (The Invader of Garphammar)
  6. lvl2 [FNIX harv] Ingenjörsmaskin 80 C-530 (The Terror of the North)
  7. lvl3 [mil harv] Oxen B-540 (The Plague of FOA 5)
  8. lvl4 [apo hunter] Wolf D-474 (The Plague of the Cold)

Himfjäll

1. lvl4 [apo tank] Stridsmaskin 90 D-669 (The Eradicator)
  2. lvl4 [apo tank] Stridsmaskin 90 D-696 (The Sentinel of Österhällan)
  3. lvl4 [apo tank] Resen D-610 (The Ruler of Himarvet)
  4. lvl4 [apo tank] Resen D-613 (The Dominator of FOA 4)
  5. lvl4 [apo tank] Stridsmaskin 90 D-651 (The Terror of Gudlögs stenar)
  6. lvl4 [apo tank] Stridsmaskin 90 D-603 (The Peril of Björntunet)
  7. lvl4 [apo harv] Ingenjörsmaskin 80 D-509 (The Tyrant of the Ski Slopes)
  8. lvl4 [apo harv] Ox D-529 (The Invader of Österhällan)

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like