How to improve GZ as a FPS - Problem 1- Mouse sens in Scopes

Devs, is there a chance to implement this in the near future?

1 Like

If they can’t come up with a formula that works for different zoom levels, then the other option would be individual sliders in the settings menu for said levels. This would probably look pretty cluttered though, and I hope they can come up with something. If my mouse weren’t able to change sensitivity on the fly, I’d probably never use the 16x zoom level.

1 Like

That was my first suggestion:

1 Like

Ah, ok!

Come to think of it, maybe it would be preferred to be able to adjust each zoom level individually, pretty much like the advanced sensivity settings of BF5 you posted?

1 Like

The default/center position (factor 1.0) should still follow a decent formula delivering a “neutral” result. I don’t think there is a way around that.

2 Likes

Okay, you’ve got my upvote.

1 Like

GZ’s big brother, The Hunter: COTW, has the same issue, by the way.
Imagine trying to get that pesky deer running across the field right in front of you, and you juuust can’t scroll fast enough to get him in your sights! :joy:
This is in no way game breaking for GZ or TH, but it would be a welcome improvement to fix it. :wink:

1 Like

The game evolves and just got a big Update but this problem is still untouched. Devs can you please work on it or at least respond and talk with us?

I think implementing varying degrees of ADS which correspond to different scopes and zoom levels is much tougher than it initially seems.
Why?

Since peripheral manufacturers (e.g Logitech, Corsair, Razer) have gone so far to implement on-the-fly DPI adjustment for their mice and even in their software.

For example: i have Corsair Sabre RGB mouse and in the Corsair iCUE software, under mouse DPI settings, i literally have dedicated DPI setting called “Sniper”. By default, i can activate it from the button just below of my scroll wheel, on top of my mouse and it changes my DPI from 3000 (my preference) to 400, just to combat the issue in shooting games where there is no varying degrees of ADS.

It might be that mice have a “sniper”-botton as mine have one too but that does not help mutch. You could adjust it to one zoomlevel of one scope.
Mutch more important is to have a consistend mouse sense in all zoom levels.
To do that the devs have to add the correction factor into the game code or they could add a variable and like it to a sense slider for each level so we can edit this factor by ourselves.

2 Likes

I hope, after you fixed the AI problem and the incorrect difficulty settings, you consider to realize this improvement.

1 Like

After 7 months and some updates I wouldn’t count on a fix any time soon. It also not a hardware related issue as other game-engines excel in mouse-dpi handling. I was playing Doom Eternal a bit recently and, geez, WHAT a difference in exact and precise input handling.

It’s furthermore hard to believe that the problem is a too tough nut to crack for a team that compiled something complex and often quite smart as the Apex-engine - and THAT is the real culprit. The input handling of said engine has vast areas to be improved in. That is a fact, and there is nothing that would require sweet-talk because games older than many players have a way snappier input handling than Apex. So I’d say: It’s d really be sweet if the devs would start to fix these basics.

2 Likes

Comparing id Tech 7 engine (Doom:Eternal) to Apex engine (Generation Zero) is like comparing orange to apple.

id Tech 7 engine is designed specifically for fast-paced FPS games. Apex engine is designed for seamless open-world games. There’s a huge difference between the two.

Open world or not, proper input handling is a must, no matter what engine. And if Apex can’t handle fast paced FPS gameplay, well, then they better don’t release updates anymore like the April one. Unfortunately I can’t talk it out with the hordes of bots the program now spawns. So all I can do is hide or take them out - fast-paced FPS-like.

In the live stream Paul said that they’ve discussed about this topic but gave it a lower priority. On the one hand that’s sad because it will not improved very soon. Probably because it is only an issue on PC and there are some more important things that influences all platformes like AI changes/fixes. I can understand that reason.
On the other it is good because they heard us and I’m very happy that Paul said that they will work on it later and not that they dont want to do that.
So I guess we have to be patient and wait for it.
Thanks for the support guys.

2 Likes

@Dantec: Well, it’s on the dev’s radar and that is for sure a good thing. We may fall into an unfortunate timeslot, as patch, DLC and holidays are around the corner and Corona is still looming over companies and productivity in general.

I am willing to wait, there’s no rush, I play AK, KPist and PVG only and only the latter one needs a scope. Still, I am also willing to buy a DLC for EUR 8,–, that’s good work for a very fair price. But I’d pay them EUR 20,-- for a patch so I don’t have to press 80% of the keys for fire and weapon swapping twice because it didn’t register in the first place. If the devs then - some day, oh happy day! - update the code in a way that it reflects the realitiy that neck muscles don’t turn slower when a zoom-factor is low … all the better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually the way it currently works is more realistic and unrealistic at the same time. Let me explain:
Unrealistic is what you described. The body motion is not the same when you compare motion in hip fire position with the motioin in iron sight position. So in low magifications it is unrealistic

Theoretical realistic is the behaviour in higher magnifications like 8-12x or 12-16x.
What other games like BF do is theoreticly not realistic because a slight motion of your body would cause a large motion in the scope. Therefore you not shoot with those scopes while you stand up and hold the gun in your hands. You would try to knee down and support your ellbow or find a sad bag wall that supports the gun. Or of cause go prone.
So the current system is more realistic but very uncomfortable to use in a video game. It would fit good in a simulation game like arma or probably hunter. But in GZ a more comfortable system like I described above woult fit mutch better.

1 Like

Xbox

Host

1&2

When Shooting almost every gun, but mainly shotguns and machine guns. The gun occasionally recoils straight up, pointing toward the sky. Aim assist gets stuck on dead bots, ADS sensitivity is very low, looking left to right while aiming is very slow.

2 Likes

That recoil issue happens on pc too … thought i dont think its a recoil because while it happens often but not always it seems always to happen only on the first shoot from full auto as an example while the following shoots in auto mode have normal recoil

This.

To me it seems it’s a “feature” from the aimbotting that you need on console. I’ve seen it happen in other games as well and it has always been due to the game thinks you have a controller.

Solution: Don’t support hand controllers.