Ideas for new locations

well i of course could we have malls but not these big malls like int the US

Yeah I don’t think we’re asking for a HUGE mall or anything. But one with maybe 2 floors and still fits in the center on one of the current cities. It has a bunch of enemies in it, but lots of looting opportunities as well.

I don’t think it would be big enough to fit a tank or a harvester. But I also imagine (in a more far fetched example) the side of the mall completely ripped open, like really cool looking, and enough for a tank to have trampled it’s way inside. And now we have very close quarters combat, which would also mix things up a bit. Could be fun.

1 Like

The hole in the wall would also explain why there are a bunch of bots inside the building.

1 Like

SPOILERS

This is for possible FOA sites on unused islands, for possible dlcs or updates.

There could be an FOA weapons research facility type thing, where the FOA developed exp. weapons. There could be an FOA site for combining mechanical and biological parts, like where they were going to conduct tests on soldiers to pilot the robots. More back up locations for FNIX. More robot class factories (like on himfjall).

1 Like

Same feature request topics (asking for new POIs) merged.

//Mod

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wildlife please (please was just for the required 15 characters)

Here’s one interesting POI that can make an appearance in the game:

Bandvagn 206 - Bandvagn 206 - Wikipedia

It could be added to the existing military bases as another vehicle POI. Also, since it being tracked vehicle and was used in real life mostly during winter, seeing one or two of them on Himfjäll would also be interesting.

Lore wise, Bv 206 is a tracked articulated, all-terrain carrier developed by Hägglunds (now part of BAE Systems Global Combat Systems) for the Swedish Army. It’s development began in 1974. Three batches of trial vehicles were delivered between 1976 and 1978 and the first production examples were delivered to the Swedish Defense Administration in 1980.
And it’s still in use as of today, including, but not limited to: Sweden, Finland, Estonia, UK, US, Canada and many more.

By the 1989 (date in GZ), Bv 206 would’ve been a common military vehicle. Which makes me wonder, why only Stridsvagn 103 is the only military specific vehicle in the game.:thinking: In remote areas of Sweden, like the map of GZ is, Bv 206 would’ve been a common sight.

3 Likes

In general, the devs should include a wider variety of vehicles, military and civilian. BV206 is iconic and should definitely be in the game.
In-game, the army uses LOTS of Volvo 240’s, but they were to my knowledge not THAT widely used, the Volvo C300-series was much more common and is much more iconic:

And of course, I’d like to see more than two civilian vehicles. I’m thinking, to add a lot of visual variety with little work from the devs, they should ad the following civvies:

Saab 96

Volvo 740 sedan

Volvo Amazon

3 Likes

When I was a conscript in mid 90s almost all cars was 240s. And also a few VW vans. We didn’t use that many all terrain vehicles. Our trucks was ordinary Volvo road trucks. But I served on the other hand in a helicopter unit. Not infantry.

1 Like

on my base there stands two tgb20:s
like this one

to explain more, this vehicle is not used anymore but it was used by the swedish army in the cold war, it is bigger than the tgb 11 because this was more like a small truck for infatry units to transport ammunition and other resorces and sometimes it was used as a mobile command center. It whould fit in gz because this and the tgb 11 was a heavly used vehicle in the cold war mostly by sweden.
wow i did spell most of that wrong

5 Likes

the tgb 11

1 Like

Those would be cool for looting.

Considering the strong presence of the military in the game, with countless bases and regiment, I think that they should include the traditional type of building where soldiers would live:

They were made out of different materials, some were covered in yellow or white plaster, others were taller and more narrow, but the concept was pretty universal.

oh my school is just a building away from this, it is located in an old army regiment in souhtern sweden, my school is in the regiments stable

I definitely agree on the new vehicle props, I am a big car guy in the US but I have more love for scandinavian automobiles. I would definitely like to see more commercial\emergency vehicles because we have bus stops and fire stations but none of their vehicles have been seen. I also think that a late 80’s Volkswagen would fit nicely in the game because I have seen advertisements of people selling them and Germany importing them to Sweden. :thinking:

Quick question, were there any imported cars in Sweden in 1989, I was just wondering how many Imports were in Sweden around 1989. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Also, please send pictures…

1 Like

Lots of imports. Especially from Germany. But also from Japan and USA. But the best is Lada from USSR. They actually hade retailers for them in the 70-80s in odd locations close to important military installations in Sweden. That way they had a reason for a person from USSR to be there.

did we? i have only seen one lada in my life, of course you can find them in sweden but they are very fhew.

They are very few today. But not that uncommon in the 70s and 80s. And many used ones was bought up in the 90s and exported back to the east because the vehicles in Sweden was in good shape and the cost was lower than in russia.

1 Like