Interesting locations

Yeah got that one in the caves route. It’s a nice place that could be used in the future.

1 Like

O runes, I did not think of that. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, was my first thougt as i saw this. I must look at myself to this. But first i had to complete the bycicle race :crazy_face: :grin:

1 Like

there is also a glitched spot there as well. I made a post about just makes the location memorable.

2 Likes

I made a try to translate/interpret what the Dev:s have carved on the stone :wink:

I would recommend these sites to learn about runes and carving:
Kalle the runecarver, master of runestone carving
https://www.runristare.se/

https://www.vikingrune.com/

I tried as best as I could :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Speaking of the runes, in the game, there is one side mission where NPC (Viviane) tried to decipher the runes on the large stone at Gudlög stone ship (Gudlögs stenar), on the East of Himfjäll.

Her results are here:

2 Likes

I feel that she gave a longer interpretation than was necessary :neutral_face:
Posted a completion translation to this stone and the one at Salthamn here Easter Eggs Compilation

Can post the completion here also, just to be safe

I still don’t know what “smmasmmaa” means.

2 Likes

Could one of the M’s not be an E?

You did a good job, here is one more runestone (#3).

1 Like

No, I double checked. I wonder which Dev. allowed Nostradamus create the stones? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
All the stones have the same carvings.

Here are the runes:

1 Like

I wonder why the S-runes are mirrored on the stone. But the other runes are not.

1 Like

I don’t know :thinking:
I created this topic for just discussion about the runestones, I hope we can solve what smmasmaa means
Runestones

2 Likes

IMO the “S” marks the end and beginning of a word.

2 Likes

In Mountain region there are two instances of Beredskapsförråd 104 (see pic which I edited to show both labels). Now I came across a mentioning of a location called Bergrum “Havsörnen”, which I never found on the map. The top 104 bunker is just one big room, like Bergrum “Myskoxen” and other Bergrums are also one room. So I am thinking this 2nd 104 bunker could be Bergrum “Havsörnen”. Anybody Ideas about this?

1 Like

In the translation
Havsörnen is sea eagle
Myskoxen is musk ox

So i come to the conlusion that the Beredskapsförrad what is near the sea is the Bergrum Havsörnen
and that one, that’s in the land is the Bergrum Myskoxen.

For Bergrum there is no tranlation

2 Likes

There’s also Bergrum ‘Bjornen’ (don’t know) and Bergrum ‘Vargen’. (the wolf)

1 Like

You are right Varge or Varg is swedish for wolf but for Bjornen there is no translation.
Pherhaps Bjornen is a Prename like Björn. When i get this on Norwegian than comes that is the synonym for bjørn.

Where is the Bergrum Bjornen?

2 Likes

It’s in the Forest region. aprox 2026, -1747

1 Like

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

Helldriver one of the two is Beredskapsförråd 104, There can’t be two with the same number. That would be illogical. So I agree that the top one is wrongly labeled. I like Bergrum “Havsörnen” for the top one even more now you thought to translate the name. I did not think of that. And it is near the sea.

1 Like

I agree with you that one of them is wrong labeled and i think too it is that near by the sea.

Do you destroy the runners in the containers?

2 Likes